Chance of qps/gcs when local clan hits local smob.

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Chance of qps/gcs when local clan hits local smob.

Post by Elysia » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:27 am

This is the thing I had mentioned in a thread on Players Lounge, but a limited trial version so I can iron out kinks in mobol on 3 mobs instead of 18.

Using Illian and an example here:

For non-masters:
When a Companion hits an Illian smob and has a non-Companion friend along, members of the group will have a 20% chance of getting one qp (per boot, per nation per character).
When a Companion hits an Illian smob and has a Child of Light, Hand of Light, Forester, Legion, Thiefbane or Wisdom in their group, members of the group will have a 40% chance of getting one qp( per boot, per nation per character).

For masters:
When a Companion hits an Illian smob and has a non-Companion friend along, members of the group will have a 10% chance of getting one qp (per boot, per nation per character).
When a Companion hits an Illian smob and has a Child of Light, Hand of Light, Forester, Legion, Thiefbane or Wisdom in their group, members of the group will have a 20% chance of getting one qp ( per boot, per nation per character).

To activate this, kill the local smob AND its minions, kill it dead. Then say: For Illian!

You will get a message about the Pattern favoring you if succesful, although it will roll between the 1 qp and 20 gcs. You will always get something, unless you already got a reward in that nation during that boot.

This should hopefully increase group diversity. There is now a clear potential gain, the more clans are active in the game. There is now also a benefit to bringing an *oL, Forester, Legion, Thiefbane and Wisdom along. Additional bonus: there's a benefit to being friendly with various groups and nations. The opposite also goes: if you are warranted in said nation, you will not be eligible for a reward.

I should note though, that the perk of bringing an *oL, Forester and Legion around in their respective areas will not immediately lift you to the higher reward tier, once they are imped.

Currently imped as aforementioned 3 mob trial run so we can iron out mobol kinks:

Arad Doman: Celia and Maegor. Say: For Arad Doman!
Far Madding: Aylia and Bryn. Say: For Far Madding!
Illian: Brigand leader, Paishain, Smitty*. Say: For Illian!

I've put a no-mob 1u of Smitty so you can't lure out the hags and only kill the smob, which would make the check whether the entire smob and minions are dead, useless.

Note: once the smob is dead and you move out, there is a chance it will undo the clan check tally. This is to prevent people from reaping the qps when they put in zero effort.

Elysia

Re: Chance of qps/gcs when local clan hits local smob.

Post by Elysia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:51 pm

I've put in a few, but not everything's complete yet. I'll have to see if I can even use this for smobs that wander, which is the current holdup, with Amadicia, Tar Valon, Mayene, Tear (partial). I'm also stuck with SS, because asking them to smob with other clans would be weird. Others, I simply haven't gotten to yet at all, and I'm running out of time atm.

Andor: Roland and Ragnor. Say For Andor!
Cairhien: Belroi and Dragonsworn. Say For Cairhien!
Ghealdan: Kingpin and Plains Mistress. Say For the Dragon Reborn!
Great Forest: Demented Dreadlord and Layten D'hael. Say For Mother Forest!
Legion base: Pravus and Kreeza. Say For Unity!
Shienar: Disgraced Officer and Kural. Say For Shienar!
Tarabon: Surelle. Say For Tarabon!
Tear: Deranged Wolfbrother. Say For Tear!

Added Jan 14:
Saldaea: Raerdan Magi'i. Say For Saldaea!
Two Rivers: Escaped Damane and Wicked fade. Say For Manetheren!
Amadicia: Darkfriend Ogier. Say For the Light!
Cairhien: Dragonsworn. See above.
Shienar: Kural. See above.

Added Apr 2:
Seanchan: Dark Trainer, Cold Eyed Man. Say For the Empress!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:06 pm

I think I ferreted out a way to deal with multi-room smobs. I've put a trial on the hulking mercenary commander by Amador, so if people could please try that one out, that would be helpful!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:03 pm

Added Seanchan. If a DW or SIG hits with others, you have a chance at a qp/gold. If someone from EVA and no other clan is along, the chance will increase. Say For the Empress.