Far Madding Street Guards & weapon peace bond

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Giramael

Far Madding Street Guards & weapon peace bond

Post by Giramael » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 am

I've taken a look at Far Madding Street Guards and how they implement the peace bond. Moving away from the very aggressive jailing reaction, the guards have now adopted a warning system.

Drawing, wielding and fighting will illicit a roleplay appropriate response from the guards a reasonable percentage of the time. However, being sent to jail has now been removed entirely.

This opens up the options for behaviour within Far Madding considerably.

This does not give you freedom to break the laws of Far Madding. Breaking the peace bond can and will come with the potential for in character repercussions. I strongly encourage the Wall Guard to uphold the laws of Far Madding. Regardless, this should bring the city much more in line with the rest of the game in terms of potential for aggressive and law breaking activities, should one prefer to walk that path.

Could be something I've missed, let me know if you spot anything odd.

Giramael

Re: Far Madding Street Guards & weapon peace bond

Post by Giramael » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:24 am

Found a load of invisible mobs who will still jail you for attempting to murder vendors in FM. On my list to address when I have time.