Bringing the old side trades into this decade.

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Bringing the old side trades into this decade.

Post by Elysia » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:15 pm

And the previous decade, I guess.

The old sidetrades, e.g. cheesemaking, fur making, candle and dye making etc. are like 15 years old at this point. They were once per player per boot.

I'm currently in the process of making them more user friendly. Most notably making the items they load rentable and not retools. I'm also changing them away from once per character per boot, to once per repop, so one person can do them per repop. The idea is that someone who, say, doesn't have a lot of time during the week, can go do one of these sidetrades in a few minutes, store the items and when they have time, sell them.

On the subject of selling, that Sharan tradetown offers a good (better) price for these exotic items.

I haven't converted all of them yet, but the Illian candlemaking and the Far Madding cheesemaking have been revamped in this way. The Maradon fur crafting, Lugard and Cairhien winemaking and Tanchico dye making still have to be worked on, but I will update when I've done those.

Elysia

Re: Bringing the old side trades into this decade.

Post by Elysia » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:45 pm

The Tanchico dye making and Maradon fur crafting will now yield rentable dye/ pelts. It's also been made so it's once per repop, not per character per boot.

Re: the Maradon one, I may make the hides you can use rentable well, if there's a need, so let me know about that please.

Elysia

Re: Bringing the old side trades into this decade.

Post by Elysia » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 pm

The Murandian and Cairhienin winemaking have been changed to once per repop too.