Shifting focus: roleplay, appropriate names, organizer rewards.

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Shifting focus: roleplay, appropriate names, organizer rewards.

Post by Elysia » Wed May 05, 2021 5:43 pm

All,

The past few years, Staff has mostly focussed on quality of life improvements and (re)balancing things. Examples are mendable flails and lances, the weapons overhaul, adding more transportation options and more ways to get qps than just pk.

All this time, roleplay has fallen somewhat by the wayside. For one, it's not really feasible to automate roleplay awards, as that would be abusable considering mobol keeping an eye out for the word 'sword' can't distinguish between:

'It is a good to finally meet a Sword and Hand, honor to Arad Doman.'
and
'Mending my sword.'

Mobol also wouldn't be able to figure out you just spamming the first phrase 200 times. This is in part why there are now rpkudos, to allow players to play a bigger role in IC interactions that aren't a full blown rp session.

It also helps that we now have quite a few active imms, so now's the time to take steps to do the legwork on making roleplay an integrated part of gameplay.

There are a few things in the works still that also pertain to this and obviously if you have an awesome idea that would help roleplay along and make this an actual Wheel of Time environment, Staff is all ears, so feel free to ping us with ideas or suggestions.

Names.
Part of this roleplay campaign will also be actual policing of the names policy, for characters of all races. Those who have names that don't fit, will be asked to pick a new name and be renamed.

Rewards for organizing events.
Another part of this shifting focus is more ways to earn qps, most notably through organizing events. I was supposed to make this post earlier, but Nargus posting about the Seanchan Imperial Games, gave me the kick in the butt I needed. :P

There will be several avenues for live events like these:
-Tournaments
-RP events, like festivals.

Tournaments.
The organizer of the tournament will be awarded: 20 qps + 1 qp for every attendee.
Attendees will receive 1 qp for participating.
The onus is on the organizer to supply imms with a list of attendees, whether they do this themselves or appoint someone to do this chunk of admin.
You can receive this Tournament Organizer Reward once every 6 months.

RP Events.
Gleemen and Illuminators who organize an RP event will be awarded: 20 qps + 1 qp for every attendee.
Attendees will receive 1 qp for participating.
The onus is on the organizer to supply imms with a list of attendees, whether they do this themselves or appoint someone to do this chunk of admin.
You can receive this Tournament Organizer Reward once every 6 months.

Clans obviously may also hire a Gleeman or Illuminator to organize something for them!