WoTMUD Wiki update project

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Giramael

WoTMUD Wiki update project

Post by Giramael » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:24 am

The WoTMUD wiki at https://wotmud.fandom.com/wiki/WoTMUD_Wiki is a great resource for players old and new.

That said, it could be even better, more thorough, more up to date and more accurate.

Vampa has given me the green light to run a project to encourage players to make updates and additions to the wiki.

I'm not going to give a guideline on what is most important to update or add. Basically, if it is important to you or you are passionate about it, or you think other players both old and new could benefit and you have the inclination, then go for it.

I have just three requests in regards to the content:
1. I'm very keen to see the existence of a wiki page that lists a) all possible (non clan) quest point sources, b) all possible turn point sources and c) all possible non qp/tp point quest rewards. Basically, a PvE content list, all in one location that can then be clicked through to particular articles.
2. Information is great, details are great, but avoid posting solutions that become complete quest walk-throughs. Don't spoil the process for new players or those learning new things. Also, avoid posting clan specific or clearly secret information, let individual clans hold power over their own information rather than have them publicly available.
3. Please make sure you only post accurate information!

And what do you get for the trouble of such contributions? How about actual quest points! :shock:
At a limit of 30 quest points per real life 12 months per PLAYER, we will reward players who dedicate some time updating the wiki. All amounts rewarded will be discretionary and ranging from 1 to 5 quest points, totally dependent on the nature of the submission. Very small amendments might require to be multiple in order to gain just 1 qp. Large additions will be rewarded justly. We'll do our best to make sure your reward matches your effort.

I will create a thread in the help forum. Please post details of your wiki additions there and be patient. I'll try to take a look once a week to assess and reward those kind enough to share their knowledge with the rest of the community. Thread here: https://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13256