Heads up re: citymob balance.

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Elysia

Heads up re: citymob balance.

Post by Elysia » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:52 pm

So it turns out there's never been any baseline applied to city guard mobs. And I mean this in the broadest way possible. Mob level, amount of call-mobbing mobs, mob weapons, mobol to hunt for wanteds and whatnot.

Since doing all of the above at once is a bit much, I'm starting with bringing call-mobbing guard mob levels up/down to a baseline.

To date, the following happened;

Bandar Eban mobs downed.
Cairhien mobs upped.
Caemlyn mobs upped.
Tar Valon mobs downed.
Amador mobs downed.
Illian mobs downed.
Tairen mobs downed.
Mayene mobs upped.
Far Madding mobs upped.

Note: Maradon and Fal Dara are strange in the sense of call mob, so remain untouched. Their mobs are generally stronger, though. Once everything's set to a base level, we're considering letting clans choose between weak and populous OR strong and sparse. Strong and sparse is more the Borderland type, although I'm not ruling out some work still has to be done there.

Changes will go in after boot.

Elysia

Re: Heads up re: citymob balance.

Post by Elysia » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:45 am

After the next boot, the following changes will go in:

-Illian mobs and Tar Valon mobs will no longer have maces, since club bash is wasted on mobs and the low ob just makes them meh.
-Far Madding mobs will no longer wield heavy clubs for the same reason as above.
-Cairhien mobs' pikes and poleaxes were about 14ish ob lower than mob weapons in other cities. Long poleaxes and pikes all over the game will have gained that ob to make them equal.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:14 am

The zone max for callmobbing guard mobs in Caemlyn (the mobs that were upped in level yesterday), was brought down from 40 to 30. Until a few days ago, each of these mobs was adding 3+ seconds of lag to the game because of aggro mobol. The aggro % has been brought down, because no one needs to be lagged out because of Caemlyn mobs. Which was also the origin of looking at this in the first place, because as I looked at citymobs, I found weird discrepancies.

I'm planning on adding a test mini-patrol that will go up and down the Boulevard that is a bit tougher and has a higher aggro %, because one mob doing that is better than 40 doing that...

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:09 am

Bandar Eban:
I spent two hours yesterday fixing issues with Bandar Eban guard mobs and shops. The way they were loaded, the guard mobs were made to follow shop mobs, bogging down the guards instead of making them roam. There were also naked merchant guards.

The strangely high amount of Domani men, women, lords and lady mobs were also halved.

The amount of normal guards in Bandar Eban was left the same: 30.
The amount of elite guards in Bandar Eban was downed from 30 to 10. Yes, that was a total of 60 guard mobs, more than Tar Valon and Cairhien outer combined.
The level of the gateguards was downed from "minismob" to "normal elite guard" level. I also removed some mobs from inside the gates to make it less "smob" and more "a few strong guards".
The level of elite palaceguards was also downed from "minismob" to "normal elite guard".

Cairhien:
King's Guard mobs were also downed, as they were also higher than usual level, e.g. more "minismob" than "elite guard".

Cairhien palace also had similar work done earlier this week. Mostly removing some excessive servant loads.
Cairhien palace and Cairhien outer also had work done to declutter guard mob loads.

There are more areas in the game that need decluttering like that. Essentially, instead of having one or two guard mobs load in 25 different rooms, they now load in bigger bunches in fewer rooms and then can wander wherever. I have no idea if this is better for the game/lag, although I can imagine having less loading commands might help with repop times. At the very least, it helps imms keep overview.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:53 pm

Amador:
-Amador city's rank 8 mobs were removed, which put the place on par with other cities.
-A small mob replaceent shuffle will likely still be needed, but other cities need that too.

Illian:
-Guard mobs functioning as merchant guards removed.
-Rank 8 mob loads in the city removed and put on the towers.
-Level adjustments for Companion mobs.
-Nuked 54 sailors that were accumulating due to a faulty load. :roll:

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:55 pm

Tear:
-Removed a bunch of mobs that had no zone limit.
-Removed cityguard mobs guarding shops.
-Adjusted a bunch of mobs that were endlessly picking up stuff.
-Removed about 20 guard mobs, mostly from shops.

Mayene:
-surprisingly needed no work.

Stedding Tsochan/ TTC:
-had to adjust the level of steadfast rangers, since they were almost Bandar Eban level

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:01 pm

Emond's Field:
-upped farmers
-downed militiamen
-downed Roawhin, which puts him considerably below Whitebridge/ Caemlyn mobs.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:37 pm

Jehannah:
-unchanged. The mob levels are 2-3 levels higher, but as it doesn't call mob, that is fine.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:40 pm

Seandar:
-replaced grim Deathwatch at shops with something else
-lowered grim Deathwatch mobcount from 80 :!: to 30. Even with the shops, this was way more mobs than in other cities.
-upped gateguard level, removed two gateguards for each gate