Linkdead bug

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Gizmo

Linkdead bug

Post by Gizmo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Am curious if we ever found out what makes you log back in where you went ld but naked? Some people say you were killed other ppl say that its just a bug in the game. Highly annoyed that I just lost a full dodge jcuff set because I had to leave for work and not run to a rent. I was in a very out of the way room with 0 mobs around. Enoy the free set if you killed me. If it was a bug that's even worse imo. I'd rather have someone kill me ld then just randomly log in naked.

Choen

Re: Linkdead bug

Post by Choen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:54 pm

Probably the rl karma bug

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:04 am

Probably Choen. Everyone knows that i'm such a terrible person

Kyr

Post by Kyr » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 am

My understanding is that there are two bugs:

1) You drop link, someone slays your face, you come back some time later and are naked where you dropped link or where you died maybe.
2) You drop link, noone kills you, you idle rent and come back sometime later and are naked where you dropped link. This might also be tied to item count; I know Liena had this happen multiple times from ld renting in clanrooms with several hundred herbs. But, she also did the same thing w/o issue hundreds of times.

Seems like we've had people complaining a lot lately about logging in naked after dropping link...I've probably heard of 1 person a week for a couple months. It doesn't seem likely that the random bug that eats your eq is suddenly happening more. However, an active player w/o much integrity going around killing people LD would explain it :p Especially considering one instance had the culprit confirmed and he's somewhat well-known for lacking compunction.

Shrug, who knows. As a playerbase, we've done a good job of speaking out against blatant LD killing and somewhat punishing people who do it, but some people will always just not care and you never really know whether people will actually do the right thing if they're put in a situation where they're reasonably confident that noone will know whether they do it or not.

pial

Post by pial » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:36 pm

probably one of the 800 greedlords on this game that just can't stop themselves from doing stupid dung when it comes to gear.

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:48 pm

I done it. I h8 gizmo 4 lyfe

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 am

This whole thread is one person replying to themselves on their alts, isn't it?

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:12 am

Astolfo wrote:This whole thread is one person replying to themselves on their alts, isn't it?
I am Astolfo

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:41 am

Lol I just got burnt. Or Astolfo did. Suck for you Astolfo!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:23 pm

It's curious how this bug never gets reported if it's some random abser, but there seems to be a disproportionate amount of people reporting the loss of a "full set". That would make the murderer theory more likely, unless the bug is related to one of the objects in a full set. Either way, unless we know an exact time/date of the going linkless it's going to be hard for Flash to figure out what happened.