ANSWERED: Baerlon and Baerlon's Gate

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Krun

ANSWERED: Baerlon and Baerlon's Gate

Post by Krun » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:55 am

I was E WB when I saw the narrate that Baerlon was under attack and I ran straight to Baerlon. I am not sure if this is a bug or if the LS group was very fast and had already killed the Gate Keeper and that's why I could not get in but with the changes of making Baerlon easier to escape, it should also make sense if it was made easier to get in. (Not require pick, similar to Jehanna, Mirk Fort and Kandori Fort)

I enjoy these 2 qpt rewarding PvE activities very much and think they should have a measure of PK risk to them. With that in mind;

Can Baerlon's "warning narrate" be earlier? I don't know if it is currently tied to the Head Watchman mob or to the Gatekeeper, but if it's the Gatekeeper then it's already too late once they do narrate. Since the next mob to kill is literally the Governor who's solo.

Can a second patrol be added and required to be cleared, to give DS and LS more time to respond?

Can 2 mobs be added to the Governor's room so it's less of a free kill?

Can the Gate stay useable by the governing side until the city is flipped?

Just a few ideas! Thank you!

S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > Before the Gate
You stand before the entrance to the city of Baerlon. Thick oak gates girdled
with broad, black iron straps firmly protect this city from the wild elements
of outside. Above you, a wooden Watchtower stands above the road, usually
manned by village militia, scrutinizing all those who enter the city.
[ obvious exits: E W ]
A darkfriend guard stands ready to control the city and its citizens.

S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > call
knock citygate
You call for the citygate to be opened.

S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > Ok. <<< Knock Gate

S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > open citygate
It seems to be locked.

S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > exit
Obvious exits:
East - Intersection By Baerlon
West - A closed 'citygate'

Feneon

Re: Baerlon and Baerlon's Gate

Post by Feneon » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:32 am

Krun wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:55 am
Can Baerlon's "warning narrate" be earlier? I don't know if it is currently tied to the Head Watchman mob or to the Gatekeeper, but if it's the Gatekeeper then it's already too late once they do narrate. Since the next mob to kill is literally the Governor who's solo.

Can a second patrol be added and required to be cleared, to give DS and LS more time to respond?

Can 2 mobs be added to the Governor's room so it's less of a free kill?

Can the Gate stay useable by the governing side until the city is flipped?

Just a few ideas! Thank you!
1. Maybe we can move it from the death of the head to the first engagement of the head. I'll look at this.

2 & 3. Doubtful that we'll want to re-write the city loading sequences.

4. Gate requires 0 pick to pick open meaning one practice would open it, but if the gatekeeper is dead you can't call it.