FIXED: Ragnor minions after bored sentry quest

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

glynn

FIXED: Ragnor minions after bored sentry quest

Post by glynn » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:59 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but discussion on the mud_related discord channel suggested this be posted here, as the spawning minions may be breaking things.

WHO: A burly bandt guard
WHAT:

When attempting Ragnor with a small group, using the bored sentry quest, any of his four burly bandit guard minions that are left after killing Ragnor will remain on zone repop. This can produce a much harder smob for anyone who would like to complete the bored sentry quest after players that don't clear the mobs.

WHERE: HIDDEN HALL in zone Tarendrelle at the Eldar

WHEN: quite frequently, most recently observed by me at ~6pm server time on Monday, December 4th.

HOW:
Solo or small groups trigger the bored sentry quest, causing Ragnor and his 4 grouped minions to move 2e of their normal position to the room HIDDEN HALL, protecting the 'emblem' door to the bandit warlord. Killing Ragnor triggers opening the door, and some players leave the 4 minions. This can leave the following situtation, after a series of repops.

* S HP:Wounded MV:Tiring >
scan n
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
(tic_timer): Tic length updated to: 61.870 seconds.
(tic_timer): Exact aggro pulse
A burly bandit guard watches tirelessly for intruders.

S HP:Wounded MV:Strong >

This is before trigerring the quest myself, which would have led to 20 minions + Ragnor. I've seen this many minions a number of times, and posted on mud_related to ask people to please just clear the mobs even though it isn't necessary to complete the quest and move on to the next step. If this wasn't intentional, perhaps a similar solution as was used for the trollocs in the Aren quest could be used! (see viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18255 )

From my perspective, this is a great quest and I hope it can be tweaked to either discourage farming without clearing or clean up the minions each repop!

Note that something similar happens with warlord (step 2 of the quest), but I haven't been able to follow through to that step of the quest recently, so I don't have a log handy.