FIXED: Trollocs hunting for Aren

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

glynn

FIXED: Trollocs hunting for Aren

Post by glynn » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:15 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but the trollocs looking for Aren that were part of the tinker quest have spawned additional mobs. There were intially 3 mobs. Most recently there were 10 mobs (~3pm server time today, Friday Nov 3).

I speculate that the repop was adjusted to avoid trapping people outside the boulder without a way back in, but doesn't check the number of mobs in the room on repop. For example, if a player kills one of the mobs, allowing them to advance to the next step in the quest, the other two remain and three more are added on repop, and again, and again, and again..

I won't follow the usual procedure with a log and specific details about where or what mobs, as this would spoil the quest for others and the people who would investigate this know where it is and what I'm talking about without any more information!

Certainly it is reasonable that this is a feature. If it wasn't intentional, I'd just note that, given the flee mechanics of the final room, it is now noticeably harder for a small group of non rogue players to complete this quest than it was with 3 mobs, particularly if there are ds players around.

Thanks!
Glynn

Feneon

Re: Trollocs hunting for Aren

Post by Feneon » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:27 pm

I would suggest killing all the mobs!

These quests may adjust and in the future they might narrate!

There is a lot of mob litter possible because of these. I'll edit that to a limit later today if I have time or this weekend, thanks for the input/thoughts.