EXPLAINED: Pet Peeve Lugard market and Tear

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Draz

EXPLAINED: Pet Peeve Lugard market and Tear

Post by Draz » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:57 am

Separate issues here

Lugard Market has some kind of coding thing where it resets the posters.. but they take ages to reset and its all time waiting to get stabbed.
I'm not sure what triggers it but it seems to trigger when I enter that zone consistently. Is there any way to have it trigger in a way so that people wanting to use market don't have to spend 5min spamming look poster?

Tear I've had a couple instances now where I've tried to go sell a ton of stuff and I basically get to Tanya..and she says a thing about how she's offloading cash and then has no cash - I've lot lots of other ways I can generate cash I don't need to go sell in shops but the times I've chosen to ok go sink an hour into filling up with tons of stuff and walking down to tear and illian and oming away with maybe 300gc after illian..

anyway wondering if im misunderstanding something going on

Elysia

Re: Pet Peeve Lugard market and Tear

Post by Elysia » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:55 pm

Draz wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:57 am
Separate issues here

Lugard Market has some kind of coding thing where it resets the posters.. but they take ages to reset and its all time waiting to get stabbed.
I'm not sure what triggers it but it seems to trigger when I enter that zone consistently. Is there any way to have it trigger in a way so that people wanting to use market don't have to spend 5min spamming look poster?

Tear I've had a couple instances now where I've tried to go sell a ton of stuff and I basically get to Tanya..and she says a thing about how she's offloading cash and then has no cash - I've lot lots of other ways I can generate cash I don't need to go sell in shops but the times I've chosen to ok go sink an hour into filling up with tons of stuff and walking down to tear and illian and oming away with maybe 300gc after illian..

anyway wondering if im misunderstanding something going on
Point 1: it already does. :P The posters are updated on zone repop. If you were to buy the sole jcuff on the market and someone came in after you, it would still show the jcuff as for sale, because it updates on zone repop. The key take away here being: if a zone hasn't been entered that boot, or hasn't been entered in x (unknown) time, it will stop repopping to conserve resources. It will then repop on entering. Same as doors eerily closing if you've just opened them etc.

Point 2: no info as I'm not ingame.

verne

Post by verne » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:33 am

point 1: lugard market zone actually doesnt get triggered that often because it shares a zone with the palace and not the city of lugard, so dipping into the market then back into lugard square for no hide for a couple minutes while it refreshes the posters is a safe technique. plus side, if u see it zone pop right after you enter than you know theres not anybody lying in wait for you. Same with city of lugard iirc, theres a mob that yells on zone pop.

point 2: I can confirm that the shops do load gold throughout the day sporadically from earlier testing, but am 100% confident they do not coincide with the emotes from the shopkeepers about unloading excess gear etc. I believe those emotes have to do with when any items that got sold to the shop stop being available.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:44 am

There are two messages in the Tear shops, using Tanya as an example:

Tanya the jeweler says 'Just a second please, just offloading any surplus gear...'
Which means she is literally dumping stuff that was sold to her to make room in inventory. Iirc, if a mob has too much gear on them, they get issues with handling cash as well, so it's housecleaning so the mob can function throughout boot.

And the second message is on repop:

Tanya the jeweled says ' Away to the bank with this!'
Which on % loads extra cash.

Arguably the message on the latter is less than ideal, but eh.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:36 am

Just curious if that's what keeps happening to me at the mini smob chain.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Tiring > Before a Log Cabin
[ obvious exits: E W ]
Zone: Southern Kandor
Door east: cabindoor
There are some tracks of an animal leaving west.

ude
unlock cabindoor e
* R HP:Wounded MV:Tiring >
ode
open cabindoor e
*click*

* R HP:Wounded MV:Tiring > Ok.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Tiring >
dism
You stop riding him.

lh
lead warhorse
lh
lead warhorse
* HP:Wounded MV:Tiring >
lh
lead warhorse
You start leading him.
A warhorse starts following you.

* HP:Wounded MV:Tiring > You're already leading it!

* HP:Wounded MV:Tiring > You're already leading it!

e

The cabindoor closes quietly.

The cabindoor seems to be closed.

ode
open cabindoor e
It seems to be locked.

Tic in 7 seconds!

Dunno how accurate my tic timer was, but it didn't seem to repop on tic.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:14 pm

Some zones are set to repop after their repop timer is done only when someone enters them. So if you enter a zone like that and then do something before a tic you will often see or be interrupted.

In misties if you open rockwall or bark and then don't enter quickly it will often close before you enter it. Likely, this is an instance where that is occurring.

In the future if you wish to avoid this then you can wait a little bit. Sorry it happened though. The sequence of commands might have gone against your favor as well. Parsing unlock, open, east would have likely gotten you inside.

Elysia

Re: EXPLAINED: Pet Peeve Lugard market and Tear

Post by Elysia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:25 pm

It also takes a while for the mud to process all zone repops. That's why until a few months ago, some ticks were laggier than others, as they had a ton of zones repopping. I've since spread that out, so now there's zones repopping at 57 mins instead of 60 etc. However, there are still ticks with multiple zones repopping and it's not instantly on tick, depending on a few things.