NOT A BUG: Digging bugs

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Mux

NOT A BUG: Digging bugs

Post by Mux » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:44 am

Some bugs I've found:
  1. You can dig while engaged.
  2. Leaving the room while digging does not interrupt the digging.
  3. You can dig while having 0 or less movement points.
  4. Sometimes the sediments gets depleted after one bucket, other times you can scoop 20+ buckets out of them. Probably should be some limit on how many buckets you can extract from a sediment?
I also think that you should have to dismount to dig. Digging on horseback makes no sense. :P

Mux

Re: Digging bugs

Post by Mux » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:55 pm

You can also dig while resting or even sleeping.

arston

Re: Digging bugs

Post by arston » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:24 am

These are not bugs, they are opinions on how it should be done, and if posted anywhere it should be in the players lounge instead.

Also, I realize you are a lot newer here so id like to point out that Immortals are locked out of a lot of the code on this game, so they cant always do things exactly they way would like to do them. It is very likely that interacting with how and when combat can happen uses a lot more of the core-coding that Immortals do not have access to, while reacting to descriptor words, sending emotes, and sending a mvs reduction are tools that they have access to. So whether it makes perfect sense or not, its what they were able to do with the tools that they have, and is another fun avenue of possible things to do in this game.

Aureus

Re: NOT A BUG: Digging bugs

Post by Aureus » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:01 pm

arston wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:24 am
These are not bugs, they are opinions on how it should be done, and if posted anywhere it should be in the players lounge instead.
This is correct. Locking this topic since it's not a bug!