UPDATED: Weary Merchant

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Ormus

UPDATED: Weary Merchant

Post by Ormus » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:38 pm

I was trying to buy dodge from the weary merchant. I asked 'trade', and he listed three sets of armour, piecewise. He listed abseq, heavycomboeq, and dodgeq. I assumed, based on the names, which I was purchasing (dodge). He then gave me parry.

You say 'trade'

* HP:Healthy MV:Strong >

A well-traveled merchant perks up. 'Here to trade?' he asks.
A well-traveled merchant whispers to you, 'For a fee of 75 gold crowns, I exchange exotic items for
the mundane.'

A well-traveled merchant whispers to you, 'Give me 75 gold crowns, then the item you wish to
exchange.'

75 gcs for dodge > abs and combo > dodge
125 gcs for abs > combo
A well-traveled merchant whispers to you, 'Additionally, I have three sets of clothing currently for
trade for the low price of five-hundred gold crowns.'

a shoufa with a black veil > a full metal helmet and visor > a rimmed round helmet > a shoufa with a
black veil
a bearskin tunic > a shining steel breastplate > a tunic of finely-crafted chain > a bearskin
tunic
a set of cloth sleeves > a pair of ebony-steel plate vambraces > a pair of riveted chainmail sleeves
> a set of cloth sleeves
a pair of dark gloves > a pair of heavy metal gauntlets > a sturdy pair of full leather gauntlets >
a pair of dark gloves
a pair of earthen colored breeches > a pair of ebony-steel plate greaves > a set of riveted
chainmail leggings > a pair of earthen colored breeches
a black pair of silver-tooled boots > a pair of thick metal boots > a pair of animal-fur boots > a
black pair of silver-tooled boots
A well-traveled merchant whispers to you, 'I have a set of this here heavy armor, a set of light
-weight clothing or a set of deflective clothing, it's your choice!'

A well-traveled merchant whispers to you, 'Just give me the gold, all at once, and we will progress
in our dealings.'

A well-traveled merchant winks suggestively at you.

map show
(wotmudmapper): Map will now be hidden.
Tic in 7 seconds!

A bartender returns from his break, re-opening the store.

* HP:Healthy MV:Full >
inv
You are carrying:
nineteen copper pennys
a wealth of gold crowns (851)

give 500 crowns weary
You give him 500 crowns.

A well-traveled merchant quickly pockets the pile of gold.

A well-traveled merchant leans back and glances you over, weighing your clothing and stature.

A well-traveled merchant says 'What's it to be then, do you want the heavy armor, the deflective
armor or the light armor, Ormus?'

A well-traveled merchant grabs a cane.
Dixon narrates 'there is also stuff in tv barrel if anyone wants to grab stuff before boot'

'deflective
You say 'deflective'

A well-traveled merchant nods at you.

A well-traveled merchant says 'The deflective clothing for parrying and striking! Good choice,
Ormus.'

A well-traveled merchant holds a lantern above his head.
A well-traveled merchant gives you a pair of light, well-oiled leather boots.
A well-traveled merchant gives you a set of loose cloth breeches.
A well-traveled merchant gives you a fine pair of light, buckskin gloves.
A well-traveled merchant gives you a finely-tailored white shirt.
A well-traveled merchant gives you a set of finely-spun cloth sleeves.
A well-traveled merchant gives you a light brown hood of finely-spun cloth.
A well-traveled merchant stops using a cane.

vaheed

Re: Weary Merchant

Post by vaheed » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:22 pm

light armor is dodge

also feel like all should come with a shield and there should be a heavy combo and belroi option!

Ormus

Post by Ormus » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Nods, I understand the breakdown now. I guess the point of the post is that it is not readily apparent from his text whenever you say 'trade'.

The fact that he lists no parry-eq in his breakdown of gear would not indicate light armor = dodge. In fact, parryeq has more abs than dodgeeq, so it would make more sense to call that light armor than visa versa, but alas. Maybe not a bug, but to me it is very confusing and un-intuitive. It is also a costly mistake to make, for something so cryptic.

Viva

Post by Viva » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:14 am

75 gcs for dodge > abs and combo > dodge
125 gcs for abs > combo
a shoufa with a black veil > a full metal helmet and visor > a rimmed round helmet > a shoufa with a
black veil
a bearskin tunic > a shining steel breastplate > a tunic of finely-crafted chain > a bearskin
tunic
a set of cloth sleeves > a pair of ebony-steel plate vambraces > a pair of riveted chainmail sleeves
> a set of cloth sleeves
a pair of dark gloves > a pair of heavy metal gauntlets > a sturdy pair of full leather gauntlets >
a pair of dark gloves
a pair of earthen colored breeches > a pair of ebony-steel plate greaves > a set of riveted
chainmail leggings > a pair of earthen colored breeches
a black pair of silver-tooled boots > a pair of thick metal boots > a pair of animal-fur boots > a
black pair of silver-tooled boots
Is there another mob in that room? Isn't this the breakdown for the rank 4 clan perk to exchange equipment? Didn't think the weary said any of this...

Aureus

Re: UPDATED: Weary Merchant

Post by Aureus » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 am

I updated him to make it clearer you are buying dodge.