FIXED: CTF female/male mixup?

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Thore

Re: FIXED: CTF female/male mixup?

Post by Thore » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:24 am

I don't have knowledge of gender rights and the ways in which it's twisted or not in our society? Did I miss myself saying that? ...

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 am

isabel wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:53 pm
From a descriptor perspective, if you're going with 'the first thing you notice about this person is that s/he has been out in the sun' think about who would notice something like that in the wheel of time world? Like is that really the first thing that would strike anyone when so much is outdoorsy? You might notice tough features, strength of arms, a way of walking that indicates sea legs, maybe hair that has seen too much salt water or some such?

Whereas skin colour is so incredibly relative - someone from Tear or Tanchico or wherever is not going to find the same person 'tanned' as someone from Cairhien or Caemlyn or wherever.
In a city, one of the richer in the Randlandian world, where people tend to have indoorsy jobs, yes, someone who spends their life outside will stand out.
He's a riverboat captain, so that rules out salt water. :P Tough features only happen after prolonged exposure to the elements. Or alternatively, if he's a meanie, which he's not.

The sun's effect on skin are universal. It is just something that objectively happens to people, no matter their skin color. For some, the effects are smaller, like red haired folks, for some they are greater, like people from Africa or African descent that have lived in colder climes for a while. What you are suggesting is that a UK (Andoran, Two Rivers) person can't possibly tell if an Irish person, Scandinavian (Arafellin) or Italian (Tairen, other south Randland), north-African (Tarabon, in part Arad Doman) have been out in the sun for a prolonged time and that's... just not how it works.

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:21 pm

Well from that lens a majority are coded white. If that's your take on what Randland is then it makes sense.

Thore

Post by Thore » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:05 pm

isabel wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:21 pm
Well from that lens a majority are coded white. If that's your take on what Randland is then it makes sense.
There's a race/ethnicity flag or code on mobs? I hadn't heard of it, interesting.

Thore

Post by Thore » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Ahahaha I love the English language. Ffs.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Thore wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Ahahaha I love the English language. Ffs.
Yes, it is the dung.

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments ... _language/