ANSWERED: reroll snafu

... post your favorite game bugs here for the coders' attention. Please, please, please, show the steps necessary to repeat the bug. Otherwise they can't be solved and they will be ignored...

Moderator: Aureus

Maranta

ANSWERED: reroll snafu

Post by Maranta » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:53 pm

My brother, who does not have a forums account for any of his characters, logged in today to find his 400-year rerolls waiting for him. Yay!

However, the list that appeared when he typed reroll came up with only one set of stats. Lines 2 through 20 were just zeroes in every column.

Luckily there were some imms available to answer his prayers about it, but they weren't able to give a definitive answer as to what occurred. The theory is that the reroller determined it wasn't possible to improve upon his current stats, and that's why it churned out zeroes.

I'm still left wondering why it would supply one set of stats and then the rest zeroes. Additionally, even if a character is at max stats, doesn't the player still get a chance to choose something different? Or choose a set of stats with different hp/mvs totals?

Maranta

Re: reroll snafu

Post by Maranta » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:38 pm

I really don't think it has anything to do with already being at maximum stats, as the community of players online today and the Imms that communicated with my brother hypothesized.

He logged on another character that had rerolls (obviously we're talking about a guy who's been away for a while) and pretty much the same thing happened, only this time there were two sets of stats before the zeroes took over.

There's no way that character had anywhere close to max stats available for a Shienar hunter.

Roryn

Post by Roryn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:45 pm

What were the stats for the second character? I was talking to him on a statter about the first character, and it was definitely max statsum.

Maranta

Post by Maranta » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:52 am

Shienar hunter

19 12 12 19 17

Melayna

Post by Melayna » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:05 pm

I think all the 0 stats were the ones that rolled above max, not that the character is maxstatted already. So if 18/20 rerolls rolled above maxstats it shows as 0 in all. Imagine that is what was lagging the mud previously, if it had to rerun every reroll until it rolled below, and if going by your data is any evidence it seems that rolling above max from rerolls was something that happened a lot. Not sure if this new fix is actually helpful, if you only get 1-2 sets of rerolls below maximum(often just garbage) and miss out on the remaining 18/19 rolls per reroll it seems to be hurting returning players even more. Rerolls were already a fickle mistress, with more missing than actual hitting. So missing out on 90% of your potential new stats does not seem like a good thing. Hopefully it can be fixed to actually give 20 sets of stats.

Landon

Post by Landon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:29 pm

So if you took a high statsum reroll with bad hps, then you're SoL now? I recently rerolled two chars that were -1 statsum from max before this change. The hunter had nothing but -2/-3 statsum rolls, and the fc had 7 rerolls at max stats. Would definitely be good to know if you should be picky with statsums near max if you're likely to get a bunch of 0s on the next reroll.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:14 pm

This is a bug, I believe

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Flash attempted to fix the lag /hangs when someone with a high statsum rerolls. Looks like that had an undesirable side effect.