The Tinkers' Stirring

... used for in character crossrace announcements, such as events, quests, storylines and so on...

Voices of the Wheel

Re: The Tinkers' Stirring

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:32 am

10 Days of Blodfest

~~~

Blodfest stalked the camp. The Great Lord had been displeased at the victory of the Light in the Black Hills. His minions had been unsuccessful at pushing back the horde of the Queen's Guard. Yet, he had warned the humans, pain was coming.

~~~

Joar and Raed spoke briefly about the activities amongst the camp. There were limited people coming to see if they needed "HELP", but all the same, a Tinker's life was meaningful in its own way. The amount of tinkers in the area had brought a collector amongst their midst and he was hooting and hollering about the needs of the camp. Oilstones were in today. The tinkers were in need of oilstones.

~~~

As he swept into the Blodfest's view, Blodfest lowered his eyes in respect. "They're at it again. The Light is rallying. Rumor has it they'll be working together to collect what is necessary to defeat the Shadow." Blodfest glowered as he had not been addressed and was being used as a patsy for the Chosen to monologue, but said nothing. "We will match them. Each master will have a chance to collect against the pitiful attempts at the Light to collaborate."

~~~

Boghag was disgusted. Oilstones? Collecting oilstones? This tinker thing was going too far. The Ahf'frait were for blood. But, he would follow the decisions of the Chosen and collect the oilstones for the Chosen, despite reservations.

Boghag will collect oilstones.
A tinker trinket collector will collect oilstones.

If you haven't figured out, Joar and Raed have daily tasks that have a variety of rewards!

~~~

Leading up to Christmas there will be a daily collection competition. The race with the most turn-ins will win. The race that wins the most will have a substantial advantage going into the next episode.

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:30 pm

A trinket collector yells loudly for sandstones. The cheerful noise of the camp seemed a bit perkier. A bit happier.

~~

Ganal the Lurk stands uneasily beneath the gaze of the dreadlord and nods accordingly. He takes his instructions evenly and then passes out instructions across the Ghraem'lan to spread to the other clans. Boghag's loss was not sitting well with the dreadlord and he hoped that the Dark would rally.

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:32 pm

The tinkers cheered loudly at the large pile of rocks. The sandstones and oilstones would be put to good use. "But what about meteorites?" The collector yelled, "we need more meteorites!"

~~

Fidrag met the gaze, but didn't hold it for long. "Meteorites? What will we make with meteorites?" The dreadlord dismissed the question and glowered at the insufferable nature of these questioning beasts before him. He expected silence from the Al'ghol and he weaved strands of Spirit and Air to make sure that was what he got. "Now then. Do as I say. I do not suffer fools gladly."

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:07 am

There was an eerie silence across the land. No meteorites had been found or turned in correctly.

Still, there was hope, a tinker trinket collector yelled about silver bells and there were rumors among lumberjacks that where two or more ancient trees gathered they sometimes hid a silver bell within their boughs.

~~~

Erorar did not wait to listen, as the dreadlord spoke he gesticulated strangely and many Bhan'sheen went running off to gather axes for there were many trees that needed cut down.

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Another splendid morning shone across the tinker camp as cheers arose for the amount of bells collected! The tinker collector now had his eyes set out on etched shields. "Bring me your etched shields! Bring them to me!"

~~~

H'Krreth wasted no time. He knew the failures of his equals and planned to set himself apart. "We'll collect all the etcheds if we have to empty our rents. The Ko'bal will not fail."

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:43 am

The shields were collected and stored away, and the Light felt sure that there could be no return from the Dark to contest their collection. We'll need wood and we don't always use these, but today, bring me enormous battleaxes.

~~~

Blarg spoke bluntly, "Blarg no give battleaxes. Blarg beat Ko'bal. Blarg maybe give battleaxes?" "I'm telling you to collect them, Blarg. Do something." The dreadlord rolled his eyes as he walked away and the ambient noise was simply Blarg and his generals discussing their equal confusion.

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:27 pm

Another swift victory for the Light. The axes surrounded the collector with care and he yelled, "any sungwood staves out there?"

~~

Blarg was secretly pleased. Not a single battleaxe had been donated. What a wanton and scandalous act.

The dreadlord, however, miffed, approached a collection of dreadguards and demanded that they take matters in your own hand. "I don't care how many treesingers you kill, bring me sungwood staves!"

The dreadguard, also, shared a tidbit of information lost to the ages: I'll award for horse and wolf scalps (gold), AND I'll award gold for stable tickets.

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:00 am

The dreadlord simmered a bit, the dreadguards had proven the rallying cry as the Shadow collected the abundance of staves. Those little nuisance of patrols scattered along the lands. That would be their new pursuit. Clear out the support of the Light.

~~~

The tinker collector, an oddity among his people, called for aid against darkfriends. With so many tinkers, many darkfriends had brought violence, and he hoped the law of the land would be enough to guide them.

Voices of the Wheel

Post by Voices of the Wheel » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:58 pm

"A day of generosity! A festive moment preparing for festive things! Bring me 'a thin vial of yellow fluid' and show off your generosity!" A tinker trinket collector yelled!

~~~

The dreadguards would collect as many vials as they could, at the very least, they knew they could count on Gok.