CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:20 am

Thanks to having much of the legwork done from the practice trainer in the post above, I've added a weave trainer as well to my list of packages. It should function equivalently to Thuvia's, though again I will make no promises that I haven't made a typo and completely fucked something up :P
But as far as I can tell, it's functional at the moment and seems to match the practices for the little bit of testing/comparing I did with Thuvia's.

To install it, you'll want to

1) "wotpack update" to grab the latest package handler, so it knows the weave trainer is now available. As noted in the post above for the practice trainer, this may set your font to Comic Sans. That's a recent change I made which is meant to only occur for first time installations of the wotpack_installer.mpackage, and should not happen again in the future (although please let me know if it does).

2) "wotpack install weave trainer" to install the weave trainer files

3) Type "wtrainer" into the mudlet command line, and the weave trainer window should pop up. It will populate your int from the stat command. You'll have to manually set a rank (if applicable).

4) You can save and load weave profiles (similarly to the practice profiles from the ptrainer).

5) You can type "practice weaves" and it will send all the "prac xxx" commands necessary for the skills in the window to the MUD (starting with elements first). Bit spammy, moreso than the prac trainer, so may end up making it gag inputs in the future.

As always, let me know if you have questions/complaints/comments, or find issues. Cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Updated the practice and weave trainer with a few more buttons so people on laptops dont have to rely on mouse scrolling with a trackpad making their life difficult.

Also added female seanchan channeler as a valid option for the practice trainer (yes yes you could technically just use human for prac'ing, but taking values from the stat line may have fudged things up a bit otherwise).

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:47 am

Made an extremely minor edit to the regex of the trigger that makes room names clickable in the "where" command output and, it turns out, the "exits" command output to be more consistent between the two. "wotpack install mapper"

Weave trainer updates: "wotpack install weave trainer"
Added an internal command queue to keep track of the order that elements and weaves are practiced.
Completely refactored how percentages are calculated, based on the order of commands.
Add support for weave residuals (gate/travel, and cure light/serious/critical wounds + heal).

Given that I keep track of the order elements and weaves are practiced, there's a couple things worth noting. In the previous version, elements would always get practiced first if you used the "prac weaves" alias. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE. If you want to ensure elements get practiced first, you should either a) manually practice them all first, or b) go through all the weaves you want and add 1 prac/subtract 1 prac (so that the % goes back to 0), as I do still bump up the element pracs if you try to practice a weave and don't have the right elements.

If you really want to optimize your practices, I'd recommend checking out viewtopic.php?f=76&t=15357. I'm not quite clever enough to think of an efficient way to code a weave optimization into mudlet, but you can do the optimization there and then manually follow the same set of commands in my trainer (and save a weave profile if you want, to make it easy to load in and reprac later).

Practice trainer updates: "wotpack install practice trainer"
Added an internal command queue to keep track of the order practice commands are entered.
Completely refactored how percentages are calculated based on this queue.
Added support for residuals.

Added aliases and triggers to practice setups from the Circles of Light/Dark/Ravens. You can "prac circle" and it will make you stand, summon the hunter trainer, practice hunter pracs, summon the rogue trainer, practice rogue pracs, summon the warrior trainer, practice warrior pracs, rest, and dismiss the trainer, in that order.

NOTE: any weave or practice profiles you have saved won't work with these updates. You'll have to remake and resave them. Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope to avoid that in the future as best I can.
Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns, or find any bugs! Thanks :)

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:45 pm

I have a comment: this is great, thanks.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:48 pm

Reyne wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:45 pm
I have a comment: this is great, thanks.
:D thanks!!

On another note, slightly adjusted once more the regex for the trigger that makes room names on "where" clickable, as the pattern used was also interfering with locate lines. "wotpack install mapper" should fix you up.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:08 am

Updated my map to include the zone changes near RK and Rhahime.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Miscellaneous updates:

For people with multiple monitors that want the map window on another screen, my map scripts did not have a method for doing so. The Adjustable.Container used is restricted to lie within the mudlet main window. I added another alias to (hopefully) resolve this issue. You can now type "map widget" to have my map scripts toggle between using the Adjustable.Container I currently use, or the openMapWidget() function which acts the same as clicking on the map button, creating a window which you can drag to other screens. You'll have to restart mudlet after toggling this option on for it to take effect however. "wotpack install mapper" to update.

Updated horses aliases with a "remove horseeq horse" command (rhh), and some horse commands from Arston (r2 to ride 2.horse, l3 to lead 3.horse, etc) "wotpack install horses aliases"
Updated some targeting aliases typos which didn't properly reflect that the second target was being changed in related aliases (forgot to change some echo messages when I copy/pasted things from the first target :P). Also added "a" and "aa" aliases to diagnose h.first and h.second target, respectively. "wotpack install targeting aliases"

Added a friend aliases group, courtesy of Arston. You'll have to "wotpack update" so the installer knows this new set of aliases is available for download, then "wotpack install friend aliases" to download it. You can "sf xxx" to set a friend, "delf" to delete a friend, "tf xxx" to tell friend xxx, af to assist friend, df to diagnose friend, rf to rescue friend, and maybe a couple other aliases that should be self explanatory.

Let me know if there's any issues/questions/comments :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:26 pm

Updated my map once more, had a typo in the doorname out of maze. Thanks to Lea for spotting it.

davee

Post by davee » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:04 pm

Adael wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:26 pm
Updated my map once more, had a typo in the doorname out of maze. Thanks to Lea for spotting it.
Measure twice cut once

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:56 am

Adael took the long cut