CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:42 am

Mapper file updated once more.

Fixed a (admittedly minor, but rather annoying to me) bug that affected the tracking when fleeing around places with hidden doors (mostly just in brief mode. But I like brief mode, so I wanted it to be better :P). This was, to my knowledge, the last bug with the mapper.

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:53 pm

FTR You can now detect the colours for the Room Names etc. just with a foreground colour (and you set the background colour to be ignored) in colour trigger items nowadays...

Rooikat

Post by Rooikat » Thu May 16, 2019 1:49 pm

is there a way to make the map zoom in a little bigger?

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu May 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Scroll in or out with your mouse.

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed May 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Some SS clan rooms added courtesy of Keim.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue May 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Map script updated. You can now leave brief mode off on the mud (type brief/brief on/brief off), but if you then type "makebrief" the script will manually hide room descriptions, while still using them to track your movements (thus improving its accuracy in knowing your position, especially for flees). Courtesy to Stark for indirectly passing along the idea.
Section for adjusting the map size/whether or not its a dockable window made more easy to find, courtesy of Keim.

New script Player_Numbers added. Draws the current LS/DS number's from Stark's site, and adds them to the top of the who list. Courtesy to Keim for the idea.

Cheers :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed May 29, 2019 2:39 pm

I forgot the color of human names for DS is also the same color as roomnames/immspeak. Need to tweak the mapper again to account for that so lines aren't deleted unexpectedly :?

EDIT: nvm, easier fix than I thought. Files updated once more.

Adael

Post by Adael » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Mapper updated once more, forgot to -all- various immspeak in line deletion for the description :/
Tic timer updated. It should display the tictime whenever it updates, just so you have an idea of what it is. May get a little spammy at times, no fix to that atm if it ends up bothering you though.

Added a Status_Bar.xml file as well. This should put a little bar at the bottom of your screen that displays your mood/posture (if applicable)/hps/mvs/autoflee amount/notice status/sneak status/tic timer visual. May end up adding SPS/DPS in the future if I have time.
The fleelag box doesn't quite give your actual fleelag in pulses (testing by others seems inconclusive as to what exact amounts are), but rather shows a rough estimate based on number of manually entered flees + loss per tic due to wil.
The HP/MV boxes give rough estimates of hp nased on max hps/mvs (determined once you hit score at some point), the healthy/scr/hurt/etc messages, and dmg done based off the hit messages others land on you. It's meant to be an estimate I was toying around with at one point, not something precise :p

PM or post with questions/bugs.

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm

There is a now a file called WoTMUD_master.xml that you can download, which should have everything I've posted on dropbox combined into one.

Included within this new file is an alias, with the following syntax: "update WoTMUD_master"
EDIT: Also included an alias to update your map, it has the following syntax: "update WoTMUD_map"
You can use this command after installing the .xml package to get the .dat mapfile , instead of downloading the map individually. Once it finishes, a "look" should center on your position.

Once you've installed this master package for the first time, in the future typing that command in will download the master file from dropbox, save it on your computer, delete the old package, and install the download as a new package. That way, in the future, if I update things, you only have to type in this one command to get anything new/changed. Ditto for the map.

Some folders come auto-locked, because I don't use them and didn't bother unlocking them before exporting. I can change this in the future if it really bothers people.

Cheers!
Last edited by Adael on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

granit

Post by granit » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:12 pm

doing gods work out here.