CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Skurk

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Skurk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:45 am

Hey so I got the map working and it's amazing. One issue I'm having though is that it only works when I'm on LS, unsure why it also doesn't highlight the exits like it seems to do on LS. It also doesn't seem to say "No match" or anything. Anyone know what this issue is and/or how to fix? Wanted to try out DS at some point, and because this map is so awesome it's hard to do without it now :lol:

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:13 am

You’re not using a different mudlet profile for your dser, are you?
Color complete is on so that the room names are blue?

The fact that the room exits aren’t even red suggests the triggers aren’t firing properly for some reason.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:47 am

I'm not using a different mudlet profile I don't think, but I'll check it out! Thanks for the reply!

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:08 am

So the colors for HP and MVS seem to be working, and when I get "Ouch that really did hurt" I get the red around it, but when I "look" I don't see any kind of colors for direction etc, or the colors for items on the ground etc. Narrs/tells etc also have color

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:26 am

If items on the ground aren’t green, try typing “color complete” when you’re logged on.
That makes items green/people and mobs yellow/room names blue (which is the necessary part for the map to work). ‘Tis an actual WoTMUD property, not a mudlet property :)

Raucher

Post by Raucher » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:47 am

How do I get the new Tic timer to work ?

Groderick

Post by Groderick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

Skurk is your letters colored white or light gray?

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Groderick wrote:Skurk is your letters colored white or light gray?
Turns out as soon as I turned on colour complete it worked... :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Mapper and map file updated.

Map now has yellow dotted lines to show zone boundaries. Additionally, zone names have been added for each room (most zone names come from the wiki), and new mapper will display the current zone of a room much like it does doors.

Command "findroom xxx" updated slightly to incorporate zone knowledge. New command "findinzone xxx zone yyy" imped (check first post of this thread for more details).
Command "makelabel color dir text" imped (check first post of this thread for more info).

I'll be playing around with adding labels to important rooms in the near future. Thanks to everyone who helped me run around the map to double check zone boundaries from the wiki :P

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 am

Youre a legend!