CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Adael

Re: CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Adael » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:39 pm

Uploaded an updated map with the new Silverwalls Keep area. "map update" to grab the new file.

deimos

Post by deimos » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:55 am

Wow, incredible work, Adael!

I'm trying to get back into the game and my ol pal zMUD\cMUD has let me down... so I downloaded Mudlet.

I feel it's a bit more "programmy" than I would like, though I am not afeared...

Two questions, please. 1) How do I change room colors on the map. For example, I pretty much only play darkside and all of the keep is red, which I associate with things like DT's or Danger. 2) You mentioned somewhere about 'p' being your kill command but I don't see where to change it, same with any other aliases within a package.

I'm sure it's underneath my nose, but I appreciate any help. :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:54 am

deimos wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:55 am
Wow, incredible work, Adael!

I'm trying to get back into the game and my ol pal zMUD\cMUD has let me down... so I downloaded Mudlet.

I feel it's a bit more "programmy" than I would like, though I am not afeared...

Two questions, please. 1) How do I change room colors on the map. For example, I pretty much only play darkside and all of the keep is red, which I associate with things like DT's or Danger. 2) You mentioned somewhere about 'p' being your kill command but I don't see where to change it, same with any other aliases within a package.

I'm sure it's underneath my nose, but I appreciate any help. :)
Sounds like you were able to follow the instructions to get the map installed, good! :)
As for your questions, those are both answered in the readme on github, although you will have to expand a few subsections to find them (I maybe need to reorganize things at some point). I'd suggest reading through that entire readme (there may be sub-sub sections that need expanded as well), as there is other information in there you may want. Sorry for not giving a better answer here, but figured I'd point you where I've already written stuff! Do please post here or get ahold of me via Discord or forum PM if you have more questions though :)

edit:

Ah, I don't have these colors on my readme, but if you wanted the map to look closer to z/cmud, many people have found that copy/pasting the following into the mudlet command line works well. You will have to go into settings -> mapper colors (I think) to change the background color to the blue-gray that you're probably more familiar with. I don't have the exact RGB values for that with me, but I will edit this post once someone else tells me what they are :P

edit2: map background RGB = (194, 212, 230)

Code: Select all

map color inside DimGrey
map color wilderness light_grey
map color road goldenrod
map color water navy
map color drink blue
map color weaponsmith steel_blue
map color armorer yellow
map color blacksmith dark_goldenrod
map color bank dark_orange
map color stables cyan
map color inn ansiLightGreen
map color grocer LightCoral
map color warrior firebrick
map color rogue black
map color hunter dark_green
map color portalstone yellow
map color herbalist deep_pink
map color smob white
map color city light_grey

deimos

Post by deimos » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Awesome! That should get me going pretty well... so it was a great answer lol I didn't think of looking for a readme on the git.. Thanks again!

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:50 pm

Updated the statting script with a couple things. One handles weapons a little bit better if you forget to set a statting weapon (courtesy to Lea for being the first person to break things :lol:). Second, I've provided an option to reconnect and autologin after a set time, if you have been disconnected. "wotpack install statting" to grab the new files, and then I'd recommend giving "statting help" a thorough readthrough.

You can "statting name xxx", "statting password xxx" to set a name and password, then "statting autoconnect" to toggle autoconnect on/off. "statting reconnect xxx" to set how many minutes after disconnection to try logging in again (default is 5 minutes, which should be good for everything except Friday long boot).

I also updated the player numbers display to reflect the time the data is from (as Stark's site which I pull the numbers from has been broken for the last couple days now). "wotpack install player numbers" for those files.

Let me know if there are any questions/bugs, as always. Cheers :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:58 pm

Updated my status bar with quite a few changes.

It will now display whether or not you have armor on (insofar as it is able to track that), just like it does for notice and sneak. I've also added horse smells for trollocs, as that's something someone mentioned which I thought could be interesting.

The bar will now show/hide SPs and postures based on whether you're a channie/non-channie, master/non-master, once it captures that information from the stat/score commands. Ditto for the horse smells if you're not a troll.

You can also more easily add your own tabs or remove things like, e.g., the charge-pulse counter. You can find (maybe not the best, but hopefully alright) instructions in the "Custom status bar tabs" item inside the status_bar_scripts folder. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or need help with something though :)

"wotpack install status bar" for the new version. You WILL have to restart mudlet afterwards for some things to take effect.

Lastly, updated my map with some of the room name/desc changes around Siffas/Silverwalls Keep/Darkhounds areas. "map update" for the new file.

Cheers! :)

dracon

Post by dracon » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:43 pm

sup folks, just a fyi, the latest map update started flipping map to different zones. this happened before but was fixed, but it seems the new update is doing that again, just letting ya all know

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:15 pm

Made a great variety of changes to some packages. Hopefully people will find them as useful as always :)

First things first, "wotpack update" so the installer knows some new files are available.

Practice trainer - Made some behind the scenes updates to reduce clutter. Added fade pracs. Added the option to have the warder bond active, since warders get +10 pracs. Unfortunately this all means that any practice setups you have already made and saved will need to be remade, as the changes are NOT backwards compatible. Hopefully that's not too much trouble for people, sorry if it is.

To update, first delete all practice files saved. If you're not sure of their location, you can load a file into the trainer and it should state in the main mudlet window where it came from. Go to that directory and delete all the saved files. Then, just "wotpack install practice trainer"

Weave trainer - Made some behind the scenes changes to reduce clutter. "wotpack install weave trainer" to update

Status bar - Fixed a minor bug with SP displays. "wotpack install status bar" to update

Statting - The scripts will now better handle if a room runs out of trees by moving rooms, checking whether any other players are already in the room, and killing trees if not. I've predefined a set of rooms in a few zones that I found to contain saplings, but can expand the list in the future if players let me know. At the least, it should work for humans in Kintara, trollocs in the zone north of RK, and Seanchan in the zone south of Seandar. "wotpack install statting" for the new files

Now, for some new stuff!

I've been working on making a database of equipment that can grab the info from the mud when you examine an item. It doesn't have everything yet, obviously, but the hope is to eventually flesh it out with items as I come across them. At the least, it should have the basics for most sets (abs, combo, dodge) at the moment, some common trinkets for those setups, and a handful of weapons (weapons are the most sparse right now, as there's obviously tons of them, but eventually I'll whittle the list down). In order to grab relevant files, first "wotpack install equipment database", and AFTER THAT COMPLETES, type "edb update" to grab the actual database. You can then type "edb help" for a list of some commands to view items.

Coupled with that, I spent some time making an equipment trainer as well, since the equipment stats on Thuvia's trainer are out of date. Many thanks to Arston, Draz, Elysia, and Sarinda for giving feedback on this and helping add items to the database. To use this, first make sure that you have the equipment database installed as detailed in the previous paragraph. Then, "wotpack install equipment trainer" to grab the files, and once that's done just type "etrainer" to pull open the equipment trainer window. Open to any feedback people have on this.

May have to restart mudlet after any/all of these changes for some stuff to take effect. I'd recommend restarting just to be safe.

As always, let me know as well if there's any problems or bugs.

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:45 pm

Updated my map triggers to include the new mud output if your horse refuses to move due to having 0 ride.
Also updated my map file with all the room name/desc changes between dhounds and Silverwalls Keep.

"wotpack install mapper" for the new scripts, "map update" for the new map file.

Also updated my equipment database with some (most? all?) of the recent gear changes for items that I had stored in it. "edb update" to grab that new database file.

Adael

Post by Adael » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:20 pm

Updated the main installer package. "wotpack update" to grab it.
For those unaware, the list of available files from "wotpack view files" is now displayed much prettier, and will install *all* the appropriate files for a package when you click on the name of something (which it wasn't doing in the past, leading to some confusion... :? ).

Updated the statting script to (maybe?) be slightly more optimized. Also fixed a bug where the names of fellow DS statters were not being recognized. Sorry not sorry to all the statters who had botters attack trees in their rooms due to this mistake :P
"wotpack install statting"

Updated the master mob aliases to use the player name (captured from the score command) rather than defaulting to Adael. Still sad I never had anyone rescue me by mistake due to this :(
"wotpack install master mob"

Updated the map file with some room changes for the new coachmen implemented last month.
"map update" to grab the new map file

Fixed a typo in my targeting aliases that wouldn't proc the backstab alias.
"wotpack install targeting"

As always, let me know if there are any issues. Cheers! :)