CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Octavio

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Octavio » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:29 am

Adael, I started playing around with mudlet and was about to give up on it for WOTMUD when I found your thread. Just wanted to say a sincere thanks for the work you have done, I am starting to play with everything posted so far.

I did have a few questions 1) Is there a way to make a chat/narrate window or split screen on Mudlet? 2) Is there a way to make the map a different window? 3) Is there a way to scale the map so I can get more rooms on it?

Sorry if these are basic questions, I am still just learning mudlet (on OSX).

hasp

Post by hasp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:43 am

Octavio wrote:Adael, I started playing around with mudlet and was about to give up on it for WOTMUD when I found your thread. Just wanted to say a sincere thanks for the work you have done, I am starting to play with everything posted so far.

I did have a few questions 1) Is there a way to make a chat/narrate window or split screen on Mudlet? 2) Is there a way to make the map a different window? 3) Is there a way to scale the map so I can get more rooms on it?

Sorry if these are basic questions, I am still just learning mudlet (on OSX).
If you doenload all the comms stuff it will give you a comms window. Not sure on 2. Just hover your mouse and scroll in or out on map.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks Hasp. I see the Tabbed Chat alias but cannot figure out how to activate it. I'll play with it, and the map, some more. Thanks for the hint.

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm

You’ll need the triggers, scripts, and aliases for the communications.
It’s not something I wrote myself, so I’m probs not the ideal person to ask for issues unfortunately.

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm

I’ll check out the map later when I’m home and see if there’s a quick way to move it to another window. Don’t know off the top of my head.

Orino

Post by Orino » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 pm

How do I set your target script Adael?

How do I set macros in Mudlet based on those targets?

I used to use the following: ta, ta2, etc.

ex: ta was @target, ta2 @target2

Macro F1:
hide
backstab @target
Macro F2:
backstab @target
Macro F3:
hide
backstab @target2
Macro F4:
backstab @target 2

Would be appropriate based on need. I would use various for charge as well. And bashing by player names.

That was just an example.

So, how do I set macros on Mac Mudlet?

and

How do I do what I have listed above? tgt and tgts based on your aliases?

Orino

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Two small updates. Due to some demand from a few people, the Mapper Aliases have been updated. There is a new command, "findroom xxx", which will center the map on a roomname you provide if it is unique (it does not change your stored position, just where the map is currently viewing). The command is case sensitive.

Additionally, I don't remember if I had this previously or not, but I tweaked the Door Aliases as well. You can still setdoor xxx, and od/cd/ld/etc to open/close/lock/etc.
But! You can also odn/ods/ode/etc to open door north/east/south/etc. Or cdn/cds/cde, ldn/lds/lde, kdn/kds/kde to close/lock/knock + a direction. It will automatically detect any stored doors for the room you're currently located in (assuming you're also using the map I have provided).

Additionally additionally, you can use the door commands in a set of spams and it should open things (assuming your spams aren't off). ie, from CCS I can enter n;e;u;n;n;d;w;n;n;n;n;n;n;odw and it will take me to bushes and open bushes for me.

And yes, this is definitely for lazy people who either can't remember doornames or don't want to type them out fully :P

Viola

Post by Viola » Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Would like some help with my Mudlet-

1. Why am I getting twice says\narrtes\chats\yells in the communication
window? (two lines of any chat/narr...)

2. Map is loaded but can't locate me on it and doesn't follow either.

Thanks for the help and tips,

Viola.

Ahri

Post by Ahri » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Viola have you got brief on? or triggers/commands frozen?
I haven't risked trying to update any of my scripts (Adael it isn't automatic like the mudlet updates is it?)

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Hmmm, I didn't actually write the comms stuff and haven't messed with it a whole lot, so no help there unfortunately.

And nah any updates from me aren't automatic, you have to download the files again and use the package manager to upload them.