CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Jocelyn

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Jocelyn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:35 am

I have the weave color, but Saal had like a color script for things like hidden rats and people attempting to backstab, But I'd like to make a script for coloring each one of the clans.

For example on wintin i would highlight the lion warden's red becuase it's one of their clan colors, the child of light would be yellow and so on and so forth. But, I cannot figure that out, any assistance would be welcome.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I have the clans different colors on CMUD - planning on switching to Mudlet sometime this week I'll see if I can port it over and if so I'll let you know. It's pretty simple on CMUD but not sure what the scripting differences are. Looks like I might have to brush off some ancient memories of basic coding classes.

e: ah there we go then
Last edited by Reyne on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jocelyn

Post by Jocelyn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 pm

I actually just found it, it's under the misc triggers.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

I spent a bit of time the last couple days working on something for the mapper that I've wanted to do for awhile, but hadn't gotten around to yet.

For anyone interested, you'll find 3 new files in the dropbox. TEST Mapper Aliases, TEST Mapper Scripts, TEST Mapper Triggers.

Long explanation of changes in these:
I was still not as happy as I could be following leaders around in brief mode (as I've mentioned to many people) because (for flexibility/ease of writing) the map treats that as you fleeing around. In brief mode, if you flee from room A into connecting room B, which happens to have the same name/exits as connecting room C (think Caemlyn road just w of 4k where they're all e/w exits named "Caemlyn Road"), the map wouldn't be able to determine which room you were in, and would need some unique name/exits combination to reset. So even if I went w a bit, and came to the first room with n/e/w exits on the road, I knew where I was but the map wouldn't. It would need a unique room/exits combination to recenter (or for me to look at the room so it could use a description as well to determine location).

Essentially, I slightly rewrote how the map stores your location. Instead of a single numerical value for the room ID you're in, that value is now in a list. If you flee and end up in a room that it can't uniquely determine, it stores any possible locations in that list now and works to narrow it down based on what movements you enter afterwards.
Small side affects from this: if you flee blind/in the dark from a 1-exit room, the map no longer loses your location because you fled in the dark, but now can determine you ended up in the only possible room. Additionally, if you are blind or in the dark, you've probably come across times where you're spamming around and end up in a room you can figure out based on what directions you can't go. Example: I'm fleeing around blind in cgrass, and end up in the sw corner. I try to go s or w, but can't, which narrows down what room I'm in. The mapper now uses that information to narrow down potential rooms as well.

For anyone who ends up using these, the variable "wotmudmapper.currentID" is no longer a number, but a list, that could be empty, of length 1, or longer. Use that as you will :)

As of now, this seems to work as intended. I'll probably rewrite some stuff and make it cleaner soon, but lmk if you think anything unintentional is happening.

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:46 pm

After some usage during blight pk today, I'd say it works better than the previous version did. Though it still may leave a bit to be desired in brief mode. I'll try to work out more kinks as they come.

It also fixed a small annoyance where the map wouldn't track you through a gate.

raek

Post by raek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

I just downloaded a bunch of these scripts and the map. Thanks for this, it's awesome!

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Adael wrote:So it should now include most everything that is:
South of stedding/elbow
South of vial choke

Exclusions (places I haven't gotten to, as I only have one char and can only do so much running around on LS with 99 pick/search + minimal pk and survival skills): Falme, Seandar, blight tunnels, Kobal Keep/H'Krreth, smobs which I'd need a group to get the key for, any new smobs in ~recently changed areas that I don't know about.
I've been slowly going through checking zones with the maps posted on the wiki, and I believe I've made it through to include all rooms/doors shown on the wiki's maps (plus a few I found myself along the way ;) ). Feel free to send me directions to things you find missing and I can add them/update the map.
Adael wrote:On a separate note, the .dat map file has been updated to include a couple more smobs, a few more doors, and the areas around Stronghold/Dark Fortress.
I've updated the map file once more. It now should have everything around Stronghold/Dark Fortress, through the tunnels to Zion/KOI, up through the blight to Dark Road, up to TKD, and the areas nw of 4n elbow.

Essentially, all that's missing is the area around Keep/n of Keep/up n and w to Dark Road, Maze, and actually inside the DS cities TKD/Keep/SH/Dark Fortress/KK/H'Krreth, as well as Seandar/Falme on the SS end.

I'll get around to making alts on other sides eventually to do those :P

Rajin

Post by Rajin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:07 pm

I've been using your maps and they are great. If I wanted to add a few rooms that you didn't have mapped (clan rooms or weird out of the way places) can I send you a log, or should I just map it myself?

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Rajin wrote:I've been using your maps and they are great. If I wanted to add a few rooms that you didn't have mapped (clan rooms or weird out of the way places) can I send you a log, or should I just map it myself?
You can map them yourself for sure.

But if people in clans wanna let me into rooms so I can add them to the general map for everyone, that'd be swell.
And if you want me to add any weird out of the way places so you don't have to remap in the future if you download an update from me, send me info on where they're at and I can do that too.

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Alternatively, I can manually add rooms based on logs. It's just a bit more work than using the automated script for that purpose :P