CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Ashlynn

Re: CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Ashlynn » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:55 pm

I would say be careful if you update the targeting aliases. I have a bunch of weaving related aliases I created for my own use, and they relied on the targeting aliases from the wotpack. Unfortunately, my weave targeting aliases do not work anymore, because the way the variables are set up in the new targeting aliases is different.

Axxye

Post by Axxye » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:59 pm

alias i chann ‘flame’ xxx
alias v chann ‘fire/ice’ xxx

8-)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:54 pm

Updated my map triggers to account for fear having the chance to make you fail a flee.
"wotpack install mapper" for the new files.

Also updated my map file with a couple roomname changes. "map update" to grab that.

Updated the statting script to better switch between 1. sapling and 2.sapling, to avoid clearing rooms if a tree incaps/you stop to mend/etc. "wotpack install statting" for the new files. Sarinda was kind enough to test it and claims it is working better than previous versions. Complaints to them, praises to me! ;)

As always, let me know if there's any issues. Cheers! :D

Adael

Post by Adael » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm

Variety of miscellaneous updates. Would recommend a "wotpack update" command first to make sure the installer is up to date.

Made a new set of aliases/triggers to sort items, courtesy to Ashlynn for the suggestion. You can either "wotpack install sort items", or "wotpack view files" and click on the "sort_items" row to install. With this, you can "sort xxx" (eg, "sort scalp") to sort anything that a) has the provided word in its inventory description, and b) has that word as a keyword. Should make it easy for us ocd people to sort exp scalps/food/retooled items/etc. You can also "sort xxx yyy" to sort them into a container instead.

Updated the map script speedwalking function to properly account for an edge case where you may be in one room, but have the map view centered on another room. "wotpack install mapper"

Updated a small bug in the statting script that wasn't enabling/disabling some things right. "wotpack install statting"

Added elemental staff and sword of flame to my equipment database/equipment trainer. In order, you would need to "wotpack install equipment database", "edb update", "wotpack install equipment trainer". Sadly due to the way the eq trainer works, you won't be able to see the items until you then restart mudlet.

Made a few minor additions to the tic timer. Added some weather messages (which, outside of channies using change weather, are now a very nice way to keep the timer in sync thanks to the recent weather code changes). Also added some generic mob movements inside cities to help keep it in sync as well. "wotpack install tic timer"

There were a few other misc. changes to other files as well, but for the most part not any I feel like commenting on. Anyone curious can check out https://github.com/weisluke/WoTMUD/pull/109/files to see files with things that were changed.

As always, let me know if there are any issues. Cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:13 pm

Updated the rents script to allow you to show all angreal, courtesy of Liia (works just like "rents show item rare", just "rents show item angreal").

Open to adding other shortcuts like this in the future if people have particular ones they highly desire.

"wotpack install rents" to update, cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:27 pm

Updated map scripts with some missing logic for swimming (small edge case since really, who goes about swimming places?!?). "wotpack install mapper" for the new version.

Updated map file to remove the Blighted Valley zone near vial that got taken out. "map update" for the new file.

Cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:56 pm

I'll preface by saying that there is a bug in the Windows version of Mudlet 4.17 which prevents my packages from being installed, as Mudlet will randomly crash when using any of the wotpack commands. You can downgrade to Mudlet 4.16 here if need be: https://www.mudlet.org/wp-content/files/?C=M;O=D to use the commands. Linux and MacOS users should be fine regardless (from what I have seen/heard).

Hopefully should be fixed in the next Mudlet release version. Moving on though!

Updated the map with a few corrected room names. "map update" to grab the new file
Updated my weaving aliases to use h. on the target. "wotpack install weaving"
Updated the tic timer with a few new triggers. "wotpack install tic timer"
Updated the rents script to capture bank balances as well. "wotpack install rents"
Updated the equipment database and equipment trainer so they no longer rely on being installed in a specific order. Sorry this took so long to get around to, for everyone who complained about it :). Also fixed it so heron scabbards can no longer be worn on the belt. "wotpack install equipment database", "wotpack install equipment trainer"
Updated the actual equipment database with some recent eq changes. It's still not super complete, but maybe someday... "edb update" for the new file. You then have to restart mudlet for the eq trainer to reflect the changes.

Added a new script to toggle logging when you connect/disconnect, rather than concatenating it into one big file until mudlet is shutdown. "wotpack update" so the internal list of available files is up-to-date, then "wotpack install toggle logging" for the scripts.

With the new season coming out soon, I don't know if we'll be expecting a slight influx of new players again. If anyone has issues/comments/suggestions for the things I've got available for Mudlet, feel free to reach out to me! Could be nice to get anything offputting/confusing fixed up in the next month or so.

As always, let me know if there's any problems. Cheers! :)

Jada

Post by Jada » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Is there a script that captures the pc/mob you're engaged on as a variable (@enemy) so you can create an alias to look at them? I used to have it for zmud and loved it.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I overlooked it.

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:16 am

Not in the collection of things posted, but I have made something like that before. I’ll check when I get home this evening, otherwise I should be able to make from scratch quick enough :)

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:18 pm

Jada wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:58 pm
Is there a script that captures the pc/mob you're engaged on as a variable (@enemy) so you can create an alias to look at them? I used to have it for zmud and loved it.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I overlooked it.
Not sure if Adael already got back to you on the Discord but:

Make a new 'Trigger'

PERL REGEX:

Code: Select all

MV:(.+) - (.+): (.+) >

Script:

Code: Select all

CurrentEnemy = matches[3]
CurrentEnemy is the variable, name it whatever you like.