NEWBIE: Basic PK Guide

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Beau

Re: Basic PK Guide

Post by Beau » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:15 am

I continue to point people to this post and Raygn's zone knowledge post.

I have people tell me all the time they want to pk. I want to ask, what is stopping you?

Jumping in and trying is the best way to learn. I would suggest North PK as an abser - troll or human.
It is by far the most active type of PK.

You are going to die. Alot. Expect to.

Many people here have been PKing in the same zones for 20 years. So you are at a huge disadvantage from the start in that sense.

But with zone knowledge and a basic understanding of the mechanics Shinobi has outlined (and will outline in future posts), you can learn to hold your own. Once you learn to hold your own, you can decide how far you want to push your skills.

Like any game, there is A LOT OF EGO around skill. Some PKers on this mud have amazingly high skill levels (I am not one of them!).
Don't let this intimidate you, you will eventually realize that the game provides a lot of ways to help balance out their skill level.

Jump in. Be prepared to struggle through a steep learning curve. Coming out the other side will be worth it.

Reyne

Re: NEWBIE: Basic PK Guide

Post by Reyne » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:44 pm

This has been a very helpful resource, thank you Shinobi.