Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Asandra

Re: Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

Post by Asandra » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:07 am

Last edited by Asandra on Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:08 am

Ailean wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:16 am
http://wotstat.eastus.cloudapp.azure.co ... 00&armor=1
The API looks pretty straightforward. Just grab the js (because a good UI is undervalued), slap it on your own local server, skip the timestamp (Why is that even there?) and fill in your rank bonuses as you go. The page itself gives quite a bit of information about what it's doing to calculate the "optimal" weave practice paths; you can skip any weaves for which you don't exceed the minimum requirements or for which you don't hit any severe diminishing returns.

It's probably no more than 40 lines of python to get a bottle server up and running locally (please don't deploy those in the wild) taking those requests and calculating your pracs.
Have you tried that with rank other than 0? :D
Jafra closed it off pretty tightly.

Linda

Post by Linda » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:09 am

In a decisive move the dragonsworn once again show that they are to be respected and feared. Much honor to you all.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:30 pm

Thank you Jafra for sharing this trainer, pretty cool that you saw something that no one I know of realized how to do it. I also support your decision to host your trainer and allow whatever access you deem fit, it is your intellectual property (the code behind the trainer).

I have never turned anyone away and always shared my scripts and maps with the community, but I sure as hell would pull it all off the internet if I ever felt like that was what I wanted to do, it is my stuff and hosted online in a format I control, and I wouldn't give a damn if anyone complained.

jafra

Post by jafra » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Thanks Taziar.

Update to tool: added ability to save/load builds.
Last edited by jafra on Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paigey

Post by Paigey » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:13 pm

Tower gets 7(?) qps a Dragonsworn head.
Dragonsworn gets -70 qps a Tower head.
I'm not bothered by blanket warrants.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:25 pm

jafra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 am
Warning: Since the rank bonuses have been removed it means that the tool will provide incorrect calculations (and probably very unoptimized practices) if a White Tower clan member tries to use it.
I promise you that this only makes us dig our heels in further. The White Tower will not be bullied, cajoled, or bought.

Dolens

Post by Dolens » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:19 pm

The story so far:

Dsworn: This change was made because of the White Tower's unjust policies and aggressions towards the Dragonsworn.

WT: The White Tower will not be bullied, cajoled, or bought.

Everyone is waiting in anticipation, what is Tear's stance on the matter? What saith the Defenders of the Stone?

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:32 pm

The Dragonsworn are mostly MCs. Everyone should hunt MCs. This is what you sign up for when creating a MC. It says so even at the creation screen.

What exactly is the problem with the Tower making life for Dragonsworn hard?

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:34 pm

Dolens wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:19 pm
The story so far:

Dsworn: This change was made because of the White Tower's unjust policies and aggressions towards the Dragonsworn.

WT: The White Tower will not be bullied, cajoled, or bought.

Everyone is waiting in anticipation, what is Tear's stance on the matter? What saith the Defenders of the Stone?
Hopefully they will not go down the road of continuing to make this some sort if IC thing when it's an OOC tool used for a game. Jafra's behavior should not be made into any kind of good RP opportunity.