Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Yeri

Re: Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

Post by Yeri » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:01 pm

Yeah, definitely weird to try to use an OOC tool to influence IC stuff - and very hard to take seriously or depend on if that's a threat. I think trying to reverse engineer and getting Taziar or someone to host it is probably the right idea.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:48 am

I don't feel like begging, saying please or otherwise changing anything about my behavior.

If that link and the character in Jurrasic Park who holds his boss ransom and gets nearly everyone killed via software is what you're going for I think I'm done with using any of your tools.

jafra

Post by jafra » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:34 am

I mean it's fine if you're disappointed. But maybe don't attack me. This whole thing is not really intended to be taken too seriously.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:04 am

jafra wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:34 am
I mean it's fine if you're disappointed. But maybe don't attack me. This whole thing is not really intended to be taken too seriously.
I don't think anyone is attacking you, in fact we all agree you made it so it is your decision to make. But Fyra said it best, it was/is a dick move and we have a right to call it a dick move.

Don't share something cool on a free to play game with <100 active players and then take it away for some in-game RP and expect everyone to not share their opinions on that decision. Most people here think we as players should foster and support the WotMud community and leave in game interactions in game.

jafra

Post by jafra » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:32 am

If you can't find the humor in giving White Tower a bit of a hard time, I'm sorry. I'm sorry it's devolved into something negative.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm

jafra wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:32 am
If you can't find the humor in giving White Tower a bit of a hard time, I'm sorry. I'm sorry it's devolved into something negative.
We all recognize that you are free to do with your tool as you wish, so go for it. It is just a bit weird to want to "punish" players for something that is not only IC, but also part of the absolute core of the bookish RP, done in game with the very few means WT is allowed to use.

But I don't think there is any humor to be found actually. And the current position of the Tower and whole LS towards the MCs is the most favourable towards the MCs in the whole history of the mud. Those without RP restrictions even group with you sometimes, the Tower and others that have to be against Dragonsworn and MCs are rather lenient in the hunting or otherwise annoying you.

Enoch

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:27 pm

I feel like this is all a dramatic overreaction to what appears to be a lighthearted (and temporary?) change to a free tool that the creater put out there. I got a little bit of a laugh when I saw it, and I'm sure it will be back to full usability at some point. I have multiple characters that are impacted by it, but I'm just holding off on practicing for a little bit until I can use it. Until then, if I need a reprac it will cost me something like 5-6 extra pracs (just like it always did in the past because I didn't know better). Not the end of the world :D

*Disclaimer* - I have no connection or involvement in this prac trainer or its creator.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:40 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:27 pm
Until then, if I need a reprac it will cost me something like 5-6 extra pracs (just like it always did in the past because I didn't know better). Not the end of the world :D
Yeah, those few pracs are no tragedy, that will enormously change how I play (and I've been "wasting" them for years anyways). But if anyone figures a way how to make my Sedai afford all that I want in the non-channie pracs, that would be great :-D :-D :-D (just kiddin, I know it will never be possible. But one can always dream)

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Lol. Imagine removing ranked weave bonus option as a big getfucked to anyone who has it.

Ailean

Post by Ailean » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:16 am

Asandra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:02 pm
Ailean wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 pm
There's always the "power to the people" approach.

http://wotstat.eastus.cloudapp.azure.co ... 5.chunk.js
It's not the whole thing. I tried to just reverse engineer it, but the magic happens behind the scenes and is closed off both on the webpage and behind the page 8-)

That said this is built upon other tools and improved. Can probably do the same, now the 'trick' is known.
Would just love to use this nice tool for all my chars and highly recommended it to everyone again.
http://wotstat.eastus.cloudapp.azure.co ... 00&armor=1
The API looks pretty straightforward. Just grab the js (because a good UI is undervalued), slap it on your own local server, skip the timestamp (Why is that even there?) and fill in your rank bonuses as you go. The page itself gives quite a bit of information about what it's doing to calculate the "optimal" weave practice paths; you can skip any weaves for which you don't exceed the minimum requirements or for which you don't hit any severe diminishing returns.

It's probably no more than 40 lines of python to get a bottle server up and running locally (please don't deploy those in the wild) taking those requests and calculating your pracs.