Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Aloisa

Re: Optimized Practice Weave Trainer?

Post by Aloisa » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:10 pm

jafra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 am
@ Verne the idea is to copy the commands from the tool and paste them into your mud client. I'm using Mudlet and it lets me paste the entire blob in one go. It would be very tedious to have to type it out manually but could be done. The order of the practices is very important, so I recommend the copy/paste method so no mistakes are made.

Warning: Since the rank bonuses have been removed it means that the tool will provide incorrect calculations (and probably very unoptimized practices) if a White Tower clan member tries to use it.

@Asandra I know! But I could not in good conscious provide a tool to strengthen the Aes Sedai with their current oppressive policies. I may reconsider my stance if ever there is "significant further progress" in how the White Tower treats innocent, valiant men who fight for the light. In general I like your lot, but your laws are unjust and flawed.
lol also won't be useful for Dreadlords. It's your tool, but it's nice to make a tool usable for everyone.

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Alexis wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:04 pm
Fyra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am
This is an OOC general tool to be used by PLAYERS of the game, not necessarily characters of the game. Using IC dislike for a clan's policies to change an OOC tool used by players all just RPing their clans policies just to screw them over seems a bit lame to me, to be honest.
This is about how I feel about it too.

It’s still a great tool with an excellent premise and functionality, so thanks for making it and sharing. Using it for my MC alt and it’s slick. I’m mature enough to not sweat it when drama comes up with my games. But if you wanted conflict and to seek avenues for RP in response to perceived aggressions, let’s meet in game and get our politicking on. Otherwise it’s just meh. Sedai have gotten along just fine without 5-6 extra practices.
Ill poke the bear and jump into some drama.

The Dragonsworn fielded over 8 Male Channelers in an open war against Mayene. They then claimed to have a woman who could cleanse the taint. The White Tower wanted proof of this because one of their overarching goals is to prevent another breaking of the world.

The Dragonsworn refused any Aes Sedai any kind of contact with said woman. They also refused to hand over the 8+ men who are destined to go insane.

Honestly, bookishly, an openly aggressive group of male channelers this size this should have lead to the White Tower leading a full army and gathering as many allies as it could to destroy the group. (while the black tower in the books was allowed to grow, they never openly attacked cities with Aes Sedai advisors. Openly is the key here).

Several things were floated to immortals but basically all the White Tower was allowed to do was a blanket warrant. And the Dragonsworn have had next to no consequences for breaking fundamental RP of the Wheel of Time. At the very least the White Tower should have had an exception and been allowed to participate in the old war system that was active at the time, but nope...

So while I understand why it is frustrating for some Dragonsworn players to be warranted for what they think is no reason... please remember that blanket warrants were pretty much the only actual tool the Tower was given to push back against possibly the biggest RP violation I have seen since I started playing WoTMud.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:10 pm
the biggest RP violation I have seen since I started playing WoTMud
That's a bit of a stretch....

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:45 pm

Kordin wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:37 pm
Kitiara wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:10 pm
the biggest RP violation I have seen since I started playing WoTMud
That's a bit of a stretch....
Yea there may be some worse offenses that I am not remembering, but i would be curious if there was anything in terms of this scale. An entire clan fielding MCs in open warfare and then... mostly nothing happens.

All im saying is dragonsworn have been super annoyed recently about the blanket pardon, but seemingly everyone is forgetting the war with Mayene that happened not all that long ago.

(and holding a really cool ooc tool hostage over it is lame... but i didn't do the work to create the tool so its just my gripe)

Ailean

Post by Ailean » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 pm

There's always the "power to the people" approach.

http://wotstat.eastus.cloudapp.azure.co ... 5.chunk.js

Vannor

Post by Vannor » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:31 pm

Absolute 10/10 power move Jafra hahaha

Kitiara

Post by Kitiara » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:42 pm

Vannor wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:31 pm
Absolute 10/10 power move Jafra hahaha
I do respect the power move :lol:

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:02 pm

Ailean wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 pm

It's not the whole thing. I tried to just reverse engineer it, but the magic happens behind the scenes and is closed off both on the webpage and behind the page 8-)

That said this is built upon other tools and improved. Can probably do the same, now the 'trick' is known.
Would just love to use this nice tool for all my chars and highly recommended it to everyone again.

Fyra

Post by Fyra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:49 pm

Imagine if Cairhien went to war with Caemlyn, and Adael then decided to find a way to make all the mudlet maps and scripts unusable by any Rising Sun that logs on?

That's how big a dick move this is. Sorry, just sayin it as I see it. But yes, it's your tool, so you have the right to be a dick about it if you wish. And I have the right to call it out as a dick move. :)

jafra

Post by jafra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:56 pm

Asandra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:02 pm
Ailean wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 pm

It's not the whole thing. I tried to just reverse engineer it, but the magic happens behind the scenes and is closed off both on the webpage and behind the page 8-)

That said this is built upon other tools and improved. Can probably do the same, now the 'trick' is known.
Would just love to use this nice tool for all my chars and highly recommended it to everyone again.
https://youtu.be/g_vZasFzMN4