Class Log - Impromptu lesson on the Red Ajah's history and mission

A forum to leave your class logs, reports and any other information that belongs in the greatest library in the world.
Sarinda

Class Log - Impromptu lesson on the Red Ajah's history and mission

Post by Sarinda » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:59 am

Summary:
Sarinda notices that several Tower girls are awake who have expressed interest in the Red Ajah, either to learn more about the Ajah or to formally request apprenticeship. She takes advantage of this opportunity to lead an impromptu class on the history of the Ajah, including pertintent details from the Breaking of the World and the Trolloc Wars, as well as modern takes on the mission of the Red Ajah.

POV: Sarinda
Class attendees: Talasia, Aelrena, Maddy, Jeia, Melosa, Alitherin, Vania, Lona, Aubrea

Notes:
Processed using the RP-lizer, and heavily edited to remove spam unrelated to the class (e.g., eating/drinking, re-weaving Armor and most other channeling, lanterns burning out).

I believe everyone except possibliy Talasia and Aelrena have been awarded using the in-game classroom mobol.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the Classroom
A board of black slate hangs on the wall near the door, suggesting this
room is used as a classroom. The room is plain and windowless and has
enough place to seat thirty students. A dais with a desk sits at the front
of the room, where the Aes Sedai or Accepted teaching the class can sit.
[ obvious exits: W ]
Melosa Rochaid, Journey Accepted is standing here.
Talasia is standing here, with a grim expression.
Alitherin Asher the Journey Accepted is standing here.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A haughty young woman strides by practicing Aes Sedai serenity.

Sarinda moves to the front of the classroom and offers a small smile. 'I believe that is everyone who is likely to join us, at least for now. I am glad to see so many faces on a short notice.'

Sarinda says 'First, before we begin, a few housekeeping items to discuss.'

Sarinda says 'You are free to go if you need to. I recognize you may not all be able to stay the entire time.'

Sarinda says 'I believe in pragmatism when it comes to classes. Better to eat and drink as you need, in case we are accosted or interrupted by Shadowspawn or criminals.'

Maddy moves quietly to the back of the room sitting gingerly in a chair as she pulls out her notes and pen

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, how many of you have training in how to Slice Weaves?'

Alitherin raises her hand.

Talasia watches the Accepteds closely from the side of the room.

Jeia shakes her head slowly, "Not of late Sarinda Sedai"

Sarinda smiles at Alitherin.

Maddy says 'Excuse me Aes Sedai, can I open that door for Lona?'

Sarinda nods in agreement.

Lona has arrived from the west.

Lona lowers into a curtsy with head bowed.

Sarinda nods at Lona.

Sarinda says 'Greetings, Lona. I was just asking who all has training in how to Slice Weaves, before we get started.'

Talasia nods.

Maddy shakes her head.

Lona quietly moves towards the other Accepteds to take a seat. "Thank you, Sarinda Sedai."

Sarinda says 'Alitherin, if a Dreadlord enters the room, alone or in a group, and you are still here, your primary task is to interrupt their weaving. Even one or two could prove critical.'

Alitherin nods at Sarinda.

Talasia says 'Certainly a rare weave, but one with some niche use.'

Alitherin says 'I only learned it for the first time recently. On the suggestion of Evaine Sedai.'

Sarinda 's lips curl down into a hint of a grimace as she continues, 'It is unfortunate enough that they are so bold that we might even need to discuss possibilities of them entering the city, let alone the White Tower, but here we are.'

Talasia nods grimly.

Sarinda says 'My goal is to keep this to about an hour, and finish before the daily ripple in the Pattern (reboot). However, I will also try to allow ample time for discussion and interaction. If you have a question, feel free to jump in at any time, and I will pause to respond at a good moment.'

Maddy blots her pen on the hanky beside her notepad. Biting her lip she looks back through her notes before looking back at the Aes Sedai

Sarinda says 'The agenda I plan to intend is a brief history of the Red Ajah, information about our mission and scope, and some of the ways that our Ajah contributes to the White Tower as a while and the world around us, with room for question and answers at the end.'

Sarinda says 'Are there any questions before we begin?'

The door is opened from the other side.

Jeia smiles, visibly excited.

Aelrena has arrived from the west.

Melosa shakes her head.

Alitherin shakes her head at Sarinda.

Melosa curtseys before Aelrena.

Talasia closes the door.

Maddy curtseys gracefully.

Aelrena glides into the classroom, her eyes skirting over the students.

Alitherin curtseys before Aelrena.

Alitherin smiles happily.

Talasia inclines her head in greeting to Aelrena.

Aelrena nods at Talasia.

Sarinda smiles at Aelrena.

Lona rises and curtseys to Aelrena Sedai before sitting and retuning attention to Sarinda Sedai.

Sarinda says 'Very well, then let us begin.'

Jeia curtseys before Aelrena.

Someone knocks on the door from the other side.

The door is opened from the other side.

Vania has arrived from the west.

Vania closes the door.

Sarinda nods at Vania.

Vania slips in to the door.

Vania curtseys gracefully.

Sarinda says 'Novice, good to see you. Take a seat wherever.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, I am not a historian, although I find personal reward from researching things that relate to my interests.'

Talasia looks at Vania.

Vania moves toward an empty seat in the middle and sits down.

Sarinda says 'However, the history of the Red Ajah plays an appropriate backdrop for a discussion on how the Ajah fits into the modern world.'

Talasia says 'Contrary to what many seem to think, more than just the Browns enjoy reading.'

Talasia nods at Sarinda.

Vania sits down.

Sarinda flashes a wolfish grin.

Talasia flashes a small smile at Aelrena.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, someone call out some of the pertinent events that were going on at the time the Red Ajah is stated to have formed.'

Sarinda says 'And for those who arrived late, I will repeat that you are free to chime in with questions or comments at any time, no need to raise hands. Let's keep this moving.'

Aelrena winks at Talasia.

Alitherin says 'Was it what we call the Breaking of the World, Aes Sedai?'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Alitherin thinks hard.

Alitherin says 'How long ago was that?'

Sarinda says 'If my recollection is correct, between two and three thousand years.'

Maddy says 'I had read that it was originally formed not just to hunt Male Channelers but all misuse of the One Power'

Sarinda nods at Maddy.

Lona looks about and speaks up. "Was it also, Sarinda Sedai, to handle the poor men who attempted to stave off the madness when they finally left the stedding after the Breaking?"

Talasia says 'A good distinction, Novice. Many often seem to forget the second part.'

Sarinda says 'Yes, excellent point, Maddy. This is an important point, both for historical reasons and
recent events.'

Sarinda lectures, 'Also known as the Time of Madness, the period after Lews Therin Telamon and his Hundred Companions launched their assault on Shayol Ghul in an attempt to seal the Bore into the prison of the Father of Storms, the Breaking of the World is frequently cited as the death knells of the Age of Legends and the beginning of the Third Age.'

Maddy smiles slightly pleased with the praise from the Aes Sedai

Sarinda says 'Now, some historians hotly debate how long the Breaking lasted, but it is generally believed to have been three centuries long.'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Jeia frowns slightly.

Sarinda pauses, letting the gravity of that sink in. 'Three hundred years. Not three, or thirty, but three centuries.'

Jeia says 'It likely wouldn't have gone on that long if not for the Ogier's misguided act of "kindness", is that true Sarinda Sedai?'

Maddy makes a note in her book quickly

Sarinda smiles knowingly.

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, I leave it to my sisters of the Brown and perhaps White Ajahs to debate the potential merits of the Ogier welcoming men into their stedding to stave off their insanity. Perhaps it lengthened the duration of the Breaking. Perhaps it kept the world from truly ending.'

Melosa raises her eyebrows on hearing Ogier being mentioned.

Sarinda says 'Lona, you are a Yellow Ajah apprentice, yes? Have you had any training or lessons on the potential consequences of slowing down disease progression during an epidemic?'

Aelrena dips her to the Red sister, "If any wish to discuss such, I would be more than willing to hedule a time for a private lesson."

Jeia nods in agreement.

Lona says 'I have Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'If a disease outbreak strikes a city, what is the general advice often given when people are infected?'

Sarinda says 'The analogy is not perfect - the taint is not contagious in that way - but it does lend itself to some consideration of the thinking at the time.'

Talasia says 'Thank the Light for that.'

Sarinda nods at Talasia.

Lona pulls a small notepad from her pouch and flips through a few green tinged pages. "Slow it by means of quarantine are used. Its most popular note is Black fever and scarlet fever due to how quickly it can spread. Break bone fever is often associated with it to."

Sarinda nods decisively.

Aelrena appears thoughtful at the statement, her mouth quirking to the side briefly.

Aelrena whispers something to Talasia.

Sarinda smiles at the Accepted. 'Yes, precisely. Slowing down progression not only helps to keep casualties lower, but importantly -- and often underestimated or underappreciated -- it ensures that the resources available to address the problem at hand are not overwhelmed.'

Sarinda says 'Some scholars' records suggest that a majority of the Hundred Companions, as many as 68, went instantly mad. Imagine if all of the men who could channel, all of the famed male Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends, became tainted and went mad very rapidly. Knowing that even when it was spread out over centuries, the consequences were so dire that entire continents were reformed, oceans dried up, valleys raised into mountains.'

Sarinda draws down her thin eyebrows into a frown.

Alitherin says 'It's hard to imagine that much change in the landscape.'

Sarinda says 'Of course, lasting as long as it did, it meant that the threat of powerful men losing control of themselves was ever present for centuries.'

Maddy's brows knit as she continues to take notes

Jeia curtseys gracefully.

Melosa raises her hand and for a question.

Sarinda says 'And herein we see why the Red Ajah, at least at the time it formed, had such a very real and compelling mission that it quickly became the largest Ajah.'

Jeia says 'Apologies Aes Sedai, I must retire.. I was hoping to be here for more of the class. I forward to catching up on the rest later!'

Jeia curtseys gracefully.

Sarinda nods at Jeia.

Jeia opens the door.

Jeia leaves west. <<

Aubrea closes the door.

Sarinda says 'Melosa?'

Melosa says 'Sarinda Sedai, while it was true that madmen Broke the world, there may have been ambitious women who rose up to take advantage. How is it that we do not hear about them?'

Melosa says 'More broadly, it seems to me that we speak softly about such... incidents less than we would of men. At least, publicly.'

Sarinda says 'I can think of a number of women in my lifetime who have misused the One Power and threatened the world, either intentionally or unintentionally. But at the time of the Breaking, the dramatic change in the very nature of saidin, and its cascading consequences for all of humanity and its future, likely drew the most interest from scholars at that time because of both the magnitude and breadth of the problem.'

Sarinda stops listening to the narrates.

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Melosa nods in understanding.

Sarinda says 'For example, ask an older Aes Sedai sometime about the name Islai, and see what they recall.'

Aubrea says 'I recall her using create fog quite a bit.'

Maddy says 'Who was she'

Sarinda says 'A wilder, and a criminal at large, although I have not seen her awake in years.'

Aelrena catches Sarinda's eye, briefly raising her chin in signal, "If I may also point something out sister?"

Talasia frowns.

Sarinda nods at Aelrena.

Sarinda says 'Yes, of course, sister.'

Maddy shivers uncomfortably.

Lona mutters under her breath, "The stories of Chrissy were bone chilling."

Sarinda's ageless face is stoic.

Aelrena says 'Melosa, I think it is also important to note that perception is an important part of what it means to be grounded within our reality. Histories are often shaped by those who record them, for better or for worse.'

Aelrena says 'Since the Breaking of the World, it has been we Aes Sedai who have held the world together, and helped to carry forward what we could from the Age of Legends.'

Sarinda nods at Aelrena.

Aelrena says 'Carrying forward a history or a perspective that there were women abusing their power during that time would encourage people to have a further mistrust of Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Sarinda says 'An excellent point, sister.'

Aelrena says 'I, of course, cannot say that is entirely what has happened. Merely a perspective to consider when asking such questions.'

Melosa nods in agreement.

Alitherin continues to take detailed notes.

Lona adds in, "Like Aurter Hawkwing, Aes Sedai?"

Melosa says 'Thank you fot your perspective, Aelrena Sedai'

Aelrena closes her mouth decisively and leans back against the wall to listen.

Sarinda says 'There are many historians who have very extensive opinions on the potential causes and consequences of Artur Hawkwing's empire. One of whom is here in this room.'

Sarinda smiles knowingly.

Sarinda 's voice takes on a lecturing quality again. 'Suffice to say that there are a number of historical factors that we must consider when we think about the roots of the Red Ajah's mission and goals.'

Sarinda says 'As Melosa commented on, as the last remaining men were killed or gentled, the Red Ajah found an increasingly important purpose in rooting out any and all who might misuse the One Power, and either drawing them into the White Tower to be trained when appropriate, or curbing their actions, often forcefully if necessary, such as with those who served the Father of Storms.'

Melosa nods emphatically.

Sarinda says 'This purpose was further refined during the Trolloc Wars about a millennium later, between 1000 and 1350 after the Breaking, or AB. At this time, there were a number of Dreadlords raised to serve as generals in the Shadow's forces.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, in the interest of time, to allow for more review of current times and the Ajah's mission, I propose we move on. Does anyone have any questions about the Ajah's history before we do?'

Vania shakes her head.

Maddy shakes her head.

Aubrea shakes her head.

Alitherin raises her hand, 'Is it the task of the Reds or the Greens, to handle the Dreadlords?'

Sarinda flashes a wolfish grin.

Alitherin says 'It seems like it could be either.'

Sarinda says 'I am confident that an Aes Sedai of either Ajah would say they both would serve in that role.'

Melosa says 'If I may offer a perdpective on that question, Sarinda Sedai?'

Maddy says 'Can an Aes Sedai gentle a Dreadlord'?

Talasia says 'In practice, any Sedai might take on a Dreadlord. Though the Reds and the Greens are perhaps more trained specifically for the task.'

Melosa nods at Talasia's words.

Sarinda says 'My perspective is that the Battle Ajah has more than earned its name throughout history, and that many Aes Sedai have shown themselves to be not just fierce warriors, but cunning generals. The Red Ajah, of course, is steeped in millennia of history of developing, refining, and mastering their ability to hunt and stop men and women who might channel. Their skill sets overlap, indeed, but with different primary goals perhaps.'

Sarinda says 'Melosa, I said earlier you can speak freely, either with comments or questions. You can share what you wish without needing to ask.'

Sarinda nods at Melosa.

Melosa says 'Ah I believe you have covered it'

Melosa smiles happily.

Sarinda smiles happily.

Sarinda says 'Maddy, to your question, I would add that the ability to gentle has two different answers: one regarding Tower law, and one of actual ability in the Power.'

Maddy nods at Sarinda Sedai with a smile then turns to jot the notes in her book

Sarinda says 'Over the years, it is White Tower custom that any man who is discovered should be shielded and brought to the White Tower for gentling by a full circle of thirteen women.'

Sarinda says 'However, practically speaking, similar to shielding, gentling requires that the flows must be woven by a channeler that is much stronger than the target, especially if they are actively wielding the Source at the time. Because men are, on average, stronger in the Power than the average woman, it is impractical for a single Aes Sedai to gentle a Dreadlord.'

Sarinda claps her hands and says, 'Now, let us move on to modern times, and modern issues, regarding the Red Ajah.'

Sarinda says 'What are some of the defining features and goals of the Red Ajah today? Speak up freely, never you think of anything.'

Maddy says 'Safe use of the One Power'

Aubrea says 'To prevent the wrong or misuse of the one power.'

Vania says 'To prevent another breaking'

Alitherin says 'There are a lot more Dreadlords lately, which is why I asked earlier. Someone needs to help keep them under control.'

Melosa nods at Alitherin.

Lona chimes in "Countering the weaves of Damane on the western front."

Sarinda smiles and replies, 'I am glad that the immediate responses all comment on the use and misuse of the One Power as a whole, regardless of who is doing the channeling.'

Alitherin nods at Lona.

Sarinda's face darkens.

Talasia nods at Sarinda.

Melosa nods at Lona.

Lona reaches up and runs a finger over the scar on her neck. "For which I am thankful Aes Sedai."

Sarinda's eyes are thunderclouds as she replies acidly, 'Yes, the Seanchan.'

Sarinda forces a smile as she continues, 'I find it of great comfort, but little surprise, that as multiple Dreadlords have been loudly and recently raised in the Father of Storms' armies, that the Red Ajah has enjoyed an abundance of interest from our current crop of Accepted.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, it was part of my reasons for leading this class, to ensure that those who might be interested are also aware of the roots and scope of our Ajah's mission.'

Sarinda says 'Although every woman's reason for choosing an Ajah are personal, I will offer that the Seanchan and their...damane', she spits the word, 'are one of the reasons I personally chose to pursue the Red.'

Melosa says 'Sarinda Sedai, does the Seanchan or the Shadow's dreadlords pose a greater threat to the world, in the Red Ajah's estimation?'

Sarinda pauses the consider the question.

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Lona mutters under her breath. "The seanchan" as she watches the Red Aes Sedai.

Talasia says 'An interesting question.'

Melosa says 'I have heard rumors of possible legions of such enslaved channelers from across the Aryth Ocean.'

Sarinda says 'A bleak question, Accepted, and one that I find difficult to evaluate.'

Melosa nods soberly.

Talasia says 'In my view, the Seanchan practice with Damane is misuse, barbaric, and misguided, but the Shadow's servants threaten the fabric of the pattern as we know it.'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Aelrena nods at Talasia.

Alitherin shivers uncomfortably.

Aelrena says 'Though I cannot speak for the Red Ajah... I would note the Seanchan though they threaten a way of life, and the very freedom of both women who can channel, and others, they as a whole seem to follow the cause of the Light.'

Aelrena says 'Even if it is in a rather misguided manner.'

Sarinda says 'More pragmatically speaking, by show of hands, how many of you have recently encountered a damane in the world or heard of one in combat attacking someone?'

Aelrena hums quietly under her breath.

Lona fades slightly listening to the talk about the seanchan.

Maddy shakes her head.

Alitherin raises her hand.

Melosa shakes her head.

Vania shakes her head.

Aelrena whispers something to Talasia.

Vania says 'Tar Valon seems pretty safe from the Seanchan '

Alitherin says 'As a novice, I fought Barb the Damane, here inside Tar Valon. Well... it depends how you define recent.'

Talasia says 'Perhaps it's not recent, but I fought two at once during my apprenticeship before taking the shawl. Though they have been markedly less active in recent times.'

Sarinda slowly walks through the class, looking in each woman's face, although she reaches down unobtrusively and places a comforting arm on Lona's shoulder without a word.

Sarinda says 'And now, by show of hands, how many of you have fought a Dreadlord, or heard of one attacking citizens of the Light?'

Alitherin raises both hands this time.

Maddy raises her hand

Talasia smiles.

Vania shakes her head.

Maddy says 'Child Patter was in the Tower yesterday'

Melosa raises her hand.. "I have... jist several days ago with the dreadlord Axxye'

Lona nods at the comforting touch from Sarinda Sedai and regains her focus raising her hand.

Vania says 'As a novice I havent been outside much'

Sarinda says 'The threat of the Seanchan is extremely troubling, and the scope of their mission and ter'angreal available to them have dire consequences for the Westlands should they grow in power again. But at this exact time, I am much more concerned about the Dreadlords.'

Aubrea nods in agreement.

Sarinda says 'Other than Islai, can anyone name any criminals of Tar Valon they have heard of who can wield saidar?'

Alitherin thinks hard.

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Lona takes a deep breath "Lisenett."

Alitherin says 'None right off hand.'

Melosa shakes her head.

Sarinda says 'Lisennet is a Dreadlord now, but yes, she was a known Darkfriend before she was raised.'

Sarinda's face darkens.

Sarinda speaks a name softly, 'Cera Merimon.'

Talasia says 'Many Dragonsworn are warranted for misuse of the One Power.'

Aelrena freezes briefly, her eyes moving to Sarinda's.

Sarinda's ageless face is stoic.

Vania looks around, "Who is Sara Marryman?"

Lona raises her hand.

Maddy glances at Aelrena Sedai's reaction before returning her gaze to Sarinda Sedai

Sarinda says 'Lona?'

Maddy drinks hot, bitter tea from a cup of mint and cloudberry tea.

Lona says 'Cera was before my time coming to the Tower, but was she not a Tower Accepted who swore oaths to the dark and attacked members of the tower? The records are not exact."'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Talasia says 'Cera and Lisennet both were.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Sarinda says 'She gave herself the moniker 'the Butcher of Alindaer.''

Melosa looks stunned by the new revelations.

Talasia says 'A great loss when they betrayed the Light.'

Sarinda says 'I will not give more time to her than that. You can find information about either in the library, or speak with me later.'

Sarinda's face darkens.

Maddy attempts to grab her tea only to joggle it slightly spilling the remaining drips on her notebook. Dabbing it up quickly she glances around the room hoping no one noticed

Aelrena says 'Best her name fade into the annals of history and she never return from Shayol Ghul, I should think.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda spits over her shoulder.

Sarinda nods decisively.

Sarinda returns to her lecturing tone as she strides to the front of the classroom. 'If it pleases the Light, some of the defining qualities that the Red Ajah values are commitment to our mission, ingenuity and cunning weaving of the One Power, and prowess in combat, especially against channelers.'

Sarinda says 'The Green Ajah will likely boast that they have cultivated the sorority with some of the finest warriors the Tower knows, but I would argue that the Red Ajah offers uniquely thorough training in how to outpace, disrupt, and otherwise defeat channelers.'

Talasia nods at Sarinda.

Vania smiles happily.

Aubrea says 'If I may depart, Sarinda Sedai.'

Aubrea opens the door.

Sarinda smiles happily.

Aubrea curtseys gracefully.

Sarinda nods at Aubrea.

Maddy curtseys gracefully.

Aubrea leaves west. <<

The door closes quietly.

Aelrena leans in to speak with Sarinda briefly before leaving the classroom

Aelrena leaves west. <<

Lona lowers into a curtsy with head bowed.

A brief break occurs as the daily ripple in the Pattern (reboot) occurs, then the class continues.

Melosa says 'Thank you for the class Sarinda Sedai'

Sarinda says 'I am glad to continue a question and answer period.'

Melosa says 'It was most illuminating'

Vania curtseys gracefully.

Alitherin says 'It was really informative. I enjoyed it.'

Melosa says 'I was able to get a feew questions in'

Melosa smiles happily.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, Vania, I think I still owe you an answer to your question.'

Sarinda says 'Historically, I have frowned upon novices engaging in unsupervised sparring, either with Accepteds or certainly with other novices.'

Sarinda says 'Instead, I frequently meet with novices for private lessons, and offer tasks that fit the spirit of the Ajah and can be completed even without leaving the island.'

Vania smiles happily.

Vania nods in agreement.

Vania says 'Thank You, Sarinda Sedai'

Sarinda says 'For that matter, I also have a list of tasks I have curated that are intended for Accepted, and some additional ones for Red Ajah apprentices specifically, should anyone be interested in learning more about the Ajah through completing a task.'

Sarinda says 'Some women learn better through reading, and some through action.'

Sarinda says 'I have a few tasks for both.'

Alitherin says 'Sort of on that topic, would you have any suggestions for next steps for Journey Accepteds, that are thinking they might strive to join the Reds?'

Vania says 'When I reach that point in my studies, I will seek you out if it pleases you Sarinda Sedai'

Sarinda says 'In my mind, the time between passing through the Arches and advancing to Tower Accepted is when Accepted should be spending a great deal of time studying with each individual Ajah, to learn more about how they fit into the White Tower as a whole and to narrow down their interests for which they would like to one day apprentice.'

Alitherin nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, by the time any woman applies for apprenticeship with any Ajah, whether that be the Red or another, I would expect her to have a very good and defensible description of what she believes the mission of that Ajah is, why she thinks it is the best for her, and what helped her arrive at that conclusion.'

Melosa says 'To understand what could make her truly of the Red Ajah'

Melosa says 'In fact, of any Ajah'

Sarinda says 'So if you do not know the answers to which Ajah fills you with the most passion, or cannot articulate well why or how you arrived at that conclusion, then your primary goal at this stage should be to keep exploring that.'

Melosa smiles happily.

Sarinda says 'Does that answer your question, Alitherin?'

Alitherin says 'It does, thank you, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'What other questions do the rest of you have?'

Alitherin says 'No others for me.'

Sarinda says 'Then I think we are probably done for now, as no one else came back and I have answered your questions.'

Sarinda says 'We did not unfortunately get a chance to discuss more pertinent factors from recent world history and how the Red Ajah fits into them.'

Sarinda says 'But if it pleases the Light, perhaps that is better kept a topic for another time.'