How Long will you Wait?

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

How Long will you Wait?

Post by Chloro » Sun May 05, 2024 11:29 pm

Having returned to her administrative duties, Chloro Sedai summoned two Accepted that seemed to be avoiding the choice all women who seek the shawl must make. Suprisingly, one declares for an Ajah of study, while the other askes to come to the negotiation table. Perhaps the Wheel senses the need for Gray sisters as much as the Tower does...

View of: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Vala, Maddy

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Vala has arrived from the east.

Vala curtseys before you.

Maddy has arrived from the east.

Maddy curtseys gracefully.

Maddy says 'Hello Chloro Sedai'

Maddy smiles happily.

Chloro looks to the Accepted then to the open door from her high-backed chair on the southwestern bend of the large round table...

Maddy darts a quick smile to Vala.

Vala closes the carveddoor.

Vala blushes.

Chloro nods and motions with both hands to the chairs at the table. "Be seated."

Vala sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Maddy moves gracefully to the chair and sits, then turns her attention to Chloro Sedai.

Maddy sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Chloro looks to Annoura then to each Accepted, her own gray eyes seeming to look into the Accepted's, to their very souls. "Do either of you know why I have summoned you?"

Vala says 'No, Chloro Sedai.'

Maddy shakes her head slowly biting her lip with worry.

Chloro pulls two white leather folders off a stack to her left, each with multiple-colored bands around the border. "I see you have both been Accepted for quite some time, yet neither have chosen an Ajah of study, or declared your intentions for the future as to which Shawl you are pursuing. Tell me why this is, Vala, you may speak first as we did have a discussion on this last night."

Vala nods at you.

Maddy turns to watch Vala with a smile in her eyes.

Vala says 'I wasn't aware until recently what it was that I should do with regards to an apprenticeship.'

Chloro says 'Then child, now that you know, has a decision been made or do you still seek personal clarity?'

Vala says 'You said I sounded more like a Blue for some reason, which is interesting. I suppose I may not be as sure as I thought, Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro nods, accepting the answer. "There is no fault in seeking more clarity Vala, many girls will change their choice several times before settling on the final choice. What do you plan to do about seeking clarity?"

Vala says 'I can fairly easily rule out the Red and Green. Although I hope to improve, I'm not a skilled fighter and don't relish it like other girls.'

Maddy nods at Vala.

Vala says 'I'll still see if I can't get some lessons out of them though.'

Vala says 'I need to meet with other Aes Sedai and see what they have to say. I'm sure my knowledge of the Ajahs is overly simplistic.'

Chloro looks off to the west and the green wing, "while you may not seek to join them, their knowledge is valuable. Remember as you progress forward, all Ajahs lay claim on your mind and skills until a shawl graces your shoulders, if it should in future. I expect you to take lessons with all my sisters."

Vala nods at you.

Vala says 'I look forward to it Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro gestures to Maddy. "Your turn Accepted."

Maddy smiles widely, eyes brightening with excitement, she says, 'I have chosen, and I have my apprenticeship letter drafted.'

Vala grins at Maddy.

Maddy says 'I have spoken with someone from each Ajah, completed tasks, had lessons and have decided the focus of the Gray Ajah is my path.'

Maddy says 'In my humble opinion, one of the most important things we can do is have all nations in harmony for the last battle.'

Chloro looks to Maddy weighing her with exotic gray calculating eyes within a serene mask of clam. "Why have you chosen this path? Your reasoning must be as strong as the resolve you summoned to face the arches."

Maddy nods to Chloro Sedai and says, 'My decision came to me after watching the grace and expertise you showed during the meeting with Lady Naomi. I want to learn to do what you do.

Maddy smiles at you.

Vala beams a smile at Maddy.

Maddy beams a smile at Vala.

Chloro says 'Then we shall do what must be done.'

Chloro sighs and looks at Maddy while keeping Vala in her view.

Vala shifts slightly in her chair.

Chloro says 'Do you still seek this path if it will be long, and at times you will question why you chose to pursue it? Will you seek it if not I but another was chosen by the Ajah to mentor you? Would you still seek it knowing that from that moment forward your life would be consumed with damage control of the very women you called friend, or if one day the shawl graces your shoulder, sister?'

Maddy looks serious as she gathers her thoughts, then responds, 'Yes Chloro Sedai, I hope to have many teachers on my journey. Like Vala, I still need help gaining skill in fighting, as in many other aspects of the Tower.'

Chloro says 'Vala, do you have any questions for Maddy in regards to how she came to this decision?'

Maddy turns to Vala with an encouraging smile.

Vala says 'It seems she's had opportunities to work with many Aes Sedai. I'm sure that made it easier.'

Vala says 'I don't have any particular questions, no, Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro says 'That is true, and the same can be for you.'

Maddy says 'Vala, please do let me know if you need any help or advice. I may not know the answer but will direct you to someone that does.'

Vala says 'She mentioned watching you speak with Naomi making a big difference. I'll look for opportunities like that.'

Vala says 'I will, thank you Chloro Sedai. I appreciate the help.'

Chloro says 'Maddy, when you are ready, as this is your own personal choice you may send your letter. This is not a formal acceptance of Apprenticeship. Once your letter is received, I will convey your
intentions to my sisters and we will decide if acceptance is merited. During this time, you are expected to maintain your studies with all Ajahs.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Maddy beams a smile at a silver-haired Aes Sedai.

Chloro says 'Now do either of you have any questions for me in regards to tower life?'

Vala says 'No but I have a specific one related to Mayene.'

Maddy says 'I think I am good so far and do appreciate your always being open and there for us all for our questions.'

Chloro says 'You may ask Vala.'

Maddy looks at Vala with sudden interest.

Vala says 'A personal request, actually. I'm not sure what form the resolution might take, but I'd like to contribute if possible.'

Chloro pulls a quill from the writing set to her left and makes a quick note. "Your request to aid is acknowledge, if there is time for this to happen, I will inform you."

Vala nods at you.

Chloro says 'Now then, you are both dismissed back to your studies, please make sure the Book rack is cleared and food is put out for the poor, if you have time, please instruct Novice Lorrah and add to her knowledge, as Accepted once did for you.'

Chloro says 'Light illumine you.'