Regarding the Brown Ajah with Aelrena Sedai

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Jeia

Regarding the Brown Ajah with Aelrena Sedai

Post by Jeia » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:31 am

Summary:
Accepted Jeia meets with Aelrena Sedai of the Brown Ajah after having been set a task by Sarinda Sedai to discover more about what is required by other Ajah apprentices, as well as how that Ajah may assist in the capture and transport of a hostile channeler.

POV: Jeia
Main characters: Jeia, Aelrena

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Study of the Brown Ajah
[ obvious exits: S ]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Aelrena is sitting here, embroidering quietly.
Danelle Sedai, sitter for the Brown Ajah stands here deep in thought.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Brown Sister is here, frowning pensively.

Aelrena glances at the door and calls, 'You may enter.'

Jeia curtseys before Aelrena Sedai.

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Elami Jehannos has arrived from the south.

Aelrena says 'A touch quicker than I expected.'

Jeia's cheeks are burning.

Aelrena glances briefly to Elami, before turning her attention back to Jeia.

Jeia says 'Firstly, thank you for meeting with me Aelrena Sedai'

Aelrena says 'That is no issue, would you like to have a seat, child?'

Jeia says 'Oh yes please'

Jeia again curtseys before Aelrena Sedai.

Aelrena gestures to a wooden chair set across from her seat upon the window sill.

Jeia sits down in the offered chair, glancing briefly out the window and smiling.

Jeia says 'Aelrena Sedai, I am currently seeking an apprenticeship with the Red Ajah'

Aelrena continues her embroidery, tutting quietly.

Jeia says 'As part of that process, Sarinda Sedai has encouraged me to speak with Aes Sedai of other Ajahs, so that I may gain a better comprehension of what I could learn pursuing apprenticeships with those Ajahs'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Jeia pauses, taking a breath.

Jeia says 'Specifically, the things I would learn from other Ajahs and how those skills would translate into the capture and transport of hostile channelers'

Jeia says 'When I was asked to do this, I suppose those obvious and most easy route to proceed was to approach a member of the Green Ajah'

Jeia says 'But I was more curious, and felt I would learn more from asking how the Brown Ajah would assist in that process'

Aelrena nods along as the Accepted speaks, her needle quickly moving through the cloth.

Jeia says 'So I am very very happy that I was able to be awake at the same time as you, and that you had time for me'

Aelrena finally looks up from the cloth, and a quick examination of her work reveals absolutely not indication of what, exactly, she was trying to depict.

Aelrena says 'I am glad that you are able to ask your question, I find that a healthy dose of curiosity is a good motivator for Accepted.'

Jeia shifts her attention to Aelrena Sedai's work, her eyes following the patterns in the material.

Aelrena says 'How do you think that learning from the Brown Ajah could affect your capabilities and skill, even when apprenticing with the Red Ajah?'

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Jeia smiles brightly, eager to answer the question.

Jeia says 'Well the Brown Ajah maintains and holds all the curiosities and dare I say secrets of the world. I can imagine that my understandings of many things are extremely shallow compared to those of the Brown '

Jeia says 'My thoughts when I approached this'

Jeia says 'Were that in a larger sense, the Brown Ajah could be considered the strategists of the White Tower'

Aelrena says 'I would hardly say that we hold ALL of the secrets, not likely all of the curiosities. I suspect every Ajah keeps their own secrets which are privy to only sisters who wear their shawls.'

Jeia nods slowly.

Aelrena says 'please, continue.'

Elami Jehannos leaves south.

Aelrena stows the embroidery away into the bag resting at her feet.

Jeia senses Aelrena connecting to the True Source.

Aelrena gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Jeia says 'While I imagine the Red and Green Ajah focus more on the combat element, the Gray focuses on navigating diplomatic issues in the movement of a hostile channeler...'

Jeia pauses, her face searching.

Jeia says 'Truthfully I am unsure how the White Ajah would play a role.. But in any case the Brown Ajah could speak to historically, what works, what doesn't and the actual HOW it should all occur'

Jeia says 'Also, should that channeler have objects of the power in their possession, the Brown Ajah could help to attempt to identify what those items are'

Jeia quietens down before adding "At least.. that's what I could puzzle out on my own.."

Aelrena says 'Possibly, though many ter'angreal are different from one another, very few are just alike.'

Jeia nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'I think that your list is a rather nice one, child.'

Jeia flushes with pride at the praise.

Aelrena says 'More than a few of my sisters are interested in ancient battles, in strategies of war. I know that Lexica Sedai has her own interest in the battle of Maighande.'

Jeia frowns faintly.

Aelrena says 'I suspect if you wrote her you might be capable of rousing her to speak about it.'

Jeia nods in agreement.

Jeia says 'I am not familiar with the battle of Maighande, I will try to ask Lexica Sedai about it'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'Please do, now, as for other ways to the Brown Ajah can help you in your studies...'

Jeia says 'Oh yes Aelrena Sedai, I am curious to know what is required of an Accepted that apprentices to the Brown Ajah'

Aelrena says 'We have recorded many events of people misusing the One Power, and how it was handled, and in some instances, historical records can give us an indication of their capabilities.'

Jeia nods slowly, intent on listening.

Aelrena says 'I find that often by looking to the past of a thing, we can forsee where it might go in the future.'

Jeia murmurs "the best indication of future performance is past performance" nodding along.

Aelrena ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Aelrena says 'I suppose that is a nice way to surmise it. Though, I would note it's not always true.'

Aelrena says 'Hiding your capabilities by purposefully failing performance, or obfuscating your actions is also possible.'

Jeia giggles.

Aelrena says 'Which is something the Brown Ajah has some training at deducing, given the amount of differing accounts in history.'

Jeia quotes "Its always better to under project and overper form, rather than over project and under perform"

Aelrena says 'As for what it takes to apprentice to the Brown Ajah...'

Jeia says 'Sorry Aelrena Sedai, my brother is full of sayings like that'

Jeia grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'No no, you don't need to apologize.'

Jeia gives her best seated curtsey to Aelrena Sedai.

Aelrena says 'What do you think is important when apprenticing to the Brown Ajah, Jeia? '

Jeia pauses, considering.

Aelrena's lips twitch, and her eyes sparkle with mischief.

Jeia says 'At a guess Aelrena Sedai, I suppose a thirst for knowledge?'

Aelrena stifles a laugh behind her hand.

Jeia thinks a moment longer and blushes slightly.

Aelrena says 'I suppose that is a given yes.'

Jeia says 'Curiousity'

Aelrena says 'So curiosity, what else?'

Aelrena grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'You've met my apprentice, yes? How would you describe her?'

Jeia ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Jeia says 'I am sorry Aelrena Sedai, I am unsure who your apprentice is'

Aelrena says 'Aleera, one of your fellow Tower Accepted'

Jeia frowns.

Jeia says 'I don't think I've met Aleera yet, that I remember'

Aelrena says 'She just recently taught a class breaking down the functions of initiate life and what purposes they might serve.'

Aelrena says 'Ah, unfortunate, she has a good head on her shoulders.'

Jeia says 'Oh yes, I saw the notice for that! Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend'

Aelrena says 'You should speak with her, if you find time. '

Jeia says 'I suppose beyond curiosity, they would need to have insight, and be able to have the knowhow to apply that insight'

Aelrena says 'But as for the rest of your answer...'

Aelrena throws back her head and cackles with insane glee!

Aelrena says 'Yes! That's right.'

Aelrena says 'Curiosity, insight, the ability to followthrough on both of those things.'

Jeia smiles happily.

Aelrena says 'I would also add they need the ability to question'

Jeia smooths her dress, clearly quite pleased with herself.

Aelrena says 'But they need the ability to ask the PROPER question, rather than just whatever question comes to mind.'

Jeia nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'I would summarize this as direction.'

Jeia looks thoughtful.

Aelrena says 'There are of course, other traits that I think are quite important within an apprentice for the Brown, but I think these are a nice... summary. '

Aelrena says 'Curiosity, insight, Followthrough and direction.'

Jeia says 'What other traits are important to you Aelrena Sedai? If you have the time to explain that is!'

Aelrena says 'Would you like to apprentice to the Brown Ajah and find out?'

Aelrena's lips twitch again as she looks the Accepted up and down.

The master of scouts narrates 'Jestin was spotted The Dusty Road'

Jeia grins wryly.

Jeia says 'I didn't mean to pry Aelrena Sedai, was just curious'

Jeia giggles.

Jeia says 'I will stick with my current path for the time being, if it pleases the Light'

Aelrena says 'I suspected you'd say such.'

Jeia smiles, somewhat embarassed and nods her head graciously.

Aelrena says 'If you meet Aleera perhaps you can ask her, consider it an incentive to find her.'

Jeia says 'Oh that's a fantastic idea, I will try and corner her for the secrets of the Brown Ajah first chance I get'

Jeia giggles.

Jeia suddenly pauses, a look of fear on her face.

Aelrena says 'You can give that a shot, and see how it goes.'

Jeia says 'But.. not literally Aelrena Sedai! I am just joking'

Jeia says 'I mean, I will ask her about her time as a Brown Apprentice'

Jeia nods to herself. Very reassuring.

Jeia says 'Well thank you very much for taking the time to meet with me Aelrena Sedai'

Aelrena says 'I knew what you meant, I had little fear you could manage to worm any secrets of the Brown Ajah from my apprentice.'

Jeia ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Aelrena says 'Is there anything else you wished to speak to me about while I have the time?'

Jeia says 'No Aelrena Sedai, but again, thank you very much, I know you must be busy'

Aelrena says 'One could say that, I suppose.'

Jeia smiles happily.

Aelrena says 'You're welcome to my time whenever I have it to give, Jeia.'

Jeia stands slowly, once again smoothing her dress.

Aelrena grins evilly.

Jeia curtseys before her.

Aelrena says 'Now, before you go.'

Jeia says 'I appreciate that Aelrena Sedai'

Aelrena says 'What is it you plan to tell Sarinda?'

Aelrena hums quietly under her breath.

Aelrena folds her hands and leans forward against her knees as she locks eyes with the Accepted.

Jeia says 'Well, I will tell her what my thoughts of the Brown Ajah's role are in capturing and transporting enemy channelers, and that you were able to confirm i'm more or less on the right track'

Jeia says 'For the second part, in what a Brown Ajah apprentice learns, I can't really say, but that it would be to hone my insight, and to learn to ask the right questions, instead of just any question'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Jeia says 'if Sarinda Sedai requires more detail, I will seek to find Aleera and ask her for more specific information'

Jeia curtseys before her.

Jeia says 'That will be the summation of my report from our meeting'

Aelrena says 'If you would like a task from me... perhaps you can write something up on why it's important to ask the proper questions.'

Aelrena nods at Jeia.

Jeia smiles happily.

Jeia says 'I can do that Aelrena Sedai'

Jeia senses Aelrena connecting to the True Source.

Jeia says 'I appreciate the opportunity to complete a task for you and the Brown Ajah'

Aelrena gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Aelrena says 'If that is all, you may go, child'

Jeia curtseys to her audience.

Chloro

Re: Regarding the Brown Ajah with Aelrena Sedai

Post by Chloro » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:46 pm

Rplizer +1 qps :
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps :
Length bonus +1-2 qps :
Summary: +1 qps : +

Awards:
Jeia 2
Aelrena 2

Please say "RECEIVE" at a silver-haired sedai located in every Ajah wing.