Tales of a Fledgling Novice

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Skyra

Tales of a Fledgling Novice

Post by Skyra » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:07 pm

Journal Entry 9th Day of the Month of Nesan, 1553

Been working really hard yet again, it's all I do it seems. Swear I washed dishes almost all day long and my hands feel like they are about to fall off. Pretty sure Mistress Laras broke atleast two wooden spoons on my behind. As if she could move any faster... If I had a wooden spoon, I would surely show her... Actually, got to work in the library today. I really love it there, it's always quiet there and I get to study in between running books. It's a nice break. I wonder if I could just sling books instead of wash dishes. Anything to get out of washing those dishes.

Finally got all the merits I need for testing for my next rank. I am so excited! All that time washing dishes, chasing rats and mice and slinging books is about to pay off! I heard that Sitter Keshara is in the tower today. Word around the Novice quarter was how great she is. Needless to say, I was very excited to track her down. I am waiting now for her summons I think I might explode if I have to wait any longer.

Journal Entry 10th day of the Month of Nesan, 1553

I got the summons to attend Aes Sedai Keshara, Sitter of the Blue Ajah. I floated all the way to the Blue Observatory. Can't really explain how excited it felt. Then reality hit me like a ton Ogier worked bricks. I think Sitter Keshara and Mistress Laras got together to find the best way to torture me. Needless to say I will not be ranking up anytime soon. She actually said I need to work on my dialect.. Just because she is so prim and proper, she expects me to be that way? She also wants me to get more involved with the Tower. Hrrmh... Maybe she should was a dish or two and see how much time she has...

Journal Entry 11th day of the Month of Nesan, 1553

Had some time to think about the assessment by Sitter Keshara. Realizing that she was right is just a frustrating as walking into the kitchen and seeing stacks of dishes. Am going to put away foolish girl fantasy about not trying to rise above and to actually work towards being a full part of the tower not some silly dishwasher. I will be much more than that. So that means I will correct my dialect and I will be a bigger part of a tower and relegate myself to some dishwasher.

Note to self. Get rid of Itching Power before end of day.

Journal Entry - Notes from ranking assesment 10th day of the Month of Nesan, 1553.

* HP:Healthy SP:Strong MV:Strong > Continuing Down the Hallway
The vaulted corridor of pale white stone meets floor tiles in every shade
of blue, from a pale morning sky to the deep violet of twilight. The wavy
pattern of the tiles gives a hint of grandeur. Simple decorated gilded
stand lamps light the corridor and its wall hangings of spring gardens and
Two portraits of women with ageless faces feature prominently in this
section of the corridor. The portraits are labelled 'Ciel' and 'Adaire'.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door north: thickdoor
Door east: door
Door south: woodendoor
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.

* HP:Healthy SP:Strong MV:Strong >
knock door east
Ok.

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

e
Conservatory of the Blue Ajah
During daytime, bright light floods in from tall, arched windows set in the
eastern wall, which offer a view of the many spires of Tar Valon as well as
the eastern bank of the Erinin. On clear days, the peaks of the Dragonwall
can be seen, far away to the east. Bookshelves, tables, maps and charts are
all present as the Blue sisters prepare for whatever tasks currently occupy
them or as they plan business away from the Tower. On one wall hang two
large portraits of Ciel Sedai and Adaire Sedai, with white ribbons of
mourning tied into the latticework of the frames.
[ obvious exits: W ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door west: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Keshara the Elder Sister is standing here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Blue Sister is here, planning her next journey.
Anaiya Sedai of the Blue Ajah stands here.

Keshara says 'Come in, Child, and close the door behind you.'

You say 'thank you for seeing me Aes Sedai.'

Keshara says 'You are welcome. It is one of the administrative duties that keeps the White Tower
moving ever forward.'

You emote: Skyra nervously looks around.

Keshara lifts up a near-empty folder in the air with one hand.

You are so embarrassed you wish you could turn into a penguin on the spot.

Keshara says 'When performing these interviews I like to read up on who is requesting more
responsibility. Your file is very slim.'

You say 'i should maybe give some details that may assist you?'

Keshara opens the folder and flips back and forth between two sheets and says 'It looks like you
were inducted a while ago, and recived instruction from Accepted Melosa recently.'

You say 'yes that is correct.'

Keshara closes the folder, the flimsy sides flapping slowly together.

Keshara says 'What do you have to say to assist in my evaluation?'

You say 'not sure it will help. just the reason for my extended absence.'

You say 'It is not overly important but it did put me behind others who were novices and now moved
on.'

You say 'which is to say moved to full sister.'

Keshara shakes her head 'We all learn at different speeds, I am not worried about that. I just
don't think absence is a reason to advance someone to more responsibilities.'

Keshara says 'But go ahead, this is your time to make your case.'

You say 'Since I have been back I have been working diligently on my chores. I wash dishes
everyday, I also try to find those sneaky mice and nasty rats that the Mistress of Novices seeks.'

Keshara makes an affirmative noise.

You say 'as a Fledgling Novice I feel i have max out the lessons for this level and I want to know
and do more.'

You emote: Skyra tries to settle her dress with nervous hands.

Keshara lets out a soft sigh 'I understand that sentiments.'

Keshara says 'I think you are very close to being ready, but I would like you two work on two
things.'

You say 'i think gaining merits past what is needed for each level can be deceiving.'

Keshara nods at you.

You say 'yes Aes Sedai with pleasure.'

Keshara says 'Merits are a requirement, not an indication, for sure.'

Keshara says 'The first is a matter of enunciation. Your dialect is coming through regularly.
Please work on that. (please spent a little more time to Capitalize the starts of your sentences.
Mistakes happen, and we don't want others to wait forever for us to type, but when it happens that
much it is noticeable.)'

Keshara says 'Any questions or defenses on that critique?'

You say 'That is very fair and I am a bit embarrassed that it needed to be said. But rest assured I
will work on this diligently.'

Keshara says 'Your willingness to accept criticism is appreciated.'

You say 'I like to think that all lessons need to be learned. Not just the pleasant ones.'

Keshara says 'The second is that I would like you to be more engaged in the Tower. I would like you
to meet with more Novices and Accepted. Should they not be available, taking lessons with Aes Sedai
will also meet my need.'

You say 'I have a question about this.'

Keshara says 'I understand that people's schedules around the Tower can be tough, so if in 5 days
you are active but can not meet with anyone, reach out by forum mail and we will waive that
requirement and I will interview you without that.'

Keshara says 'Yes?'

You say 'Is there a way that I should be documenting this? '

Keshara says 'Posting the interaction on the Tower RP Forum would be good.'

Keshara says 'If you've had interactions and they just weren't annotated, let me know now. Out
files may not be current.'

You say 'I believe most of the pertinent interactions were annotated.'

Keshara says 'Then I would like you to improve that.'

You say 'Other interaction have been informal at best. Most times when I am up from break it seems
people are busy with fighting Shadowspawn or some such.'

You say 'I do not wish to post that sort of interaction. So I suppose what I am asking is that you
require more actual training interaction that can be posted in our forums?'

Keshara says 'I understand and appreciate that, but I would you like you to be proactive and try for
some engagements. You've shown today you can RolePlay, this would be a good chance to show others.'

Keshara says 'Either training, getting to know people, etc. I don't mean that you need to get a
lecture, but I do want to see you more engaged in the Tower.'

You say 'Yes Aes Sedai, I will work on that and hope to have some worth while interactions to share
with my peers. Maybe start a day in the life of a Novice post.'

Keshara smiles warmly.

Keshara says 'That would be welcome to see.'

Keshara says 'I will make a note on your file to this affect. That being said, a different Sister
may call you in, interview you, and advance you on their own criteria. I will only speak to the
plan and standards that I have.'

You say 'Thank you very much for your time. You did exactly what I needed and asked for and it will
help me going forward.'

You say 'No, I came to you and asked you. So that means I will fall to your standard and not try to
go around behind your back.'

You emote: Skyra swears the itching power was not her.

Keshara says 'I always regret when I do not advance a child who meets the basic requirements, but I
have certain standards that I hold myself to.'

Keshara peers at the Novice before her gaze falls to the Novice's hands.

Keshara says 'I say that meaning that I do not mind another Sister evaluating you differently. But
I have this 5-day plan in place so that even with my course of action it isn't a long delay.'

say I like the plan. Working on ideas already for the Fledgling Novice post.
You say 'I like the plan. Working on ideas already for the Fledgling Novice post.'

Keshara says 'I feel like you have demonstrated an understanding of some of the Tower basics in
Accepted Melosa's instruction. You know your way around the layout of the Tower to get to the
Conservatory, are respectful, and can behave appropriately (RP through emotes as needed). All those
things are going well for you. I would just like to see a little more engagement and activity.'

Anaiya Sedai whispers something to Keshara.

Keshara nods at Anaiya Sedai.

You say 'Yes, that is a very thorough assessment. One that I will take to heart.'

You curtsey before her.

Keshara says 'Do you have any further questions for me?'

You say 'No Aes Sedai. I think I shall return to my quarters now and put your assessment to paper
so I may put my plan together.'

You curtsey before her.

Keshara says 'Then you are dismissed, Child. It is unfortunate that this interview didn't go as you
had hoped. But I do not see this as a failure.'

You say 'It went the way it needed to go. Thank you Sedai Keshara. Please let me know if you have
any tasks that I could assist you with.'

You curtsey before her.

Keshara nods at you.

Chloro

Re: Tales of a Fledgling Novice

Post by Chloro » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:35 pm

Awards:

Rplizer +1 qps : 1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : -
Length bonus +1-2 qps : -
Summary: +1 qps : -

Awards:
Skyra 1 qp
Keshara 1 qp

Please say "RECEIVE" at a silver-haired sedai located in every Ajah wing.

Keshara

Re: Tales of a Fledgling Novice

Post by Keshara » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:59 pm

Your journal is very cute, and extremely well done. Great job!

I've awarded you another qp for the well done journal story, as Sarinda awarded us for the log.