Damage Control

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Damage Control

Post by Chloro » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Having escaped Chloro Sedai's notice a new girl has been inducted and from from fledging to Accepted without learning from the fiery Gray. Seeking to rectify if Chloro Sedai summons Accepted Melosa for a chat and a little lesson in public image and damage control.

View of: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Melosa

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro says 'Annoura summone Melosa please.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send my scribe to summon her, Chloro.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Melosa has arrived from the east.

Melosa curtseys before you.

Chloro sighs contentedly as she takes a sip from her steaming blue sea folk mug of tea, looking up she notices the Accepted "Ah, so you are the one that has escaped my clutches all the way to the arches."

Melosa says 'Apologies Chloro Sedai'

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

Melosa says 'I was briefly baffled by the doors'

Chloro says 'Well, we do have many doors, in one hundred years you might sort them out. Please child have a seat at the table, I believe we have much to discuss.'

Melosa curtseys gracefully.

Melosa sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Melosa says 'Thank you Chloro Sedai.'

Melosa says 'Believe that this is but my third time to the Gray wing.'

Melosa says 'Earlier times were with Saerin Sedai.'

Melosa says 'It is a pleasure to be speaking with you.'

Chloro raises her left eyebrow slightly and studies the Accepted with cool calculating gray eyes." Well then, tell me, how do you find the Gray Ajah wing?"

Melosa ponders your question.

Melosa says 'It is a very quiet and... measured quarters.'

Melosa says 'As compared to the Green wing where the Green sisters are perhaps more boisterous '

Chloro says 'Well, we are the Ajah that sees to the carefully procured treaties with other nations so perhaps a little peace and quiet is in order.'

Melosa nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'I am curious, it is rare a girl is taken to the arches so swiftly after joining us. What does the future hold for you? Have you a particular Ajah you are looking to study with?'

Melosa thinks hard.

Melosa says 'At the moment, I am inclined towards the Red or Green Ajah.'

Melosa says 'But I do wish to speak to sisters from all the Ajahs'

Melosa says 'To also be familiar with their cause.'

Melosa says 'I had a most illuminating discussion with Alison Sedai not too long ago.'

Melosa says 'And she urged me to examine myself'

Chloro weighs and measures the Accepted with her eyes, face a mask of serene calm. "What inclines you towards the Red and Green Child?"

Melosa says 'Alison Sedai spoke about examining oneself and core behaviors.’

Melosa says 'How I would act in times of need and my first instinct.'

Melosa chuckles ruefully.

Chloro says 'Please answer the question Melosa, and this one as well. What are your findings from this meditation?'

Melosa chuckles ruefully and continues, "After meditating on her words, I come to realize that it is my first action to run into danger and do what I can to help."

Melosa says 'As I mentioned to Alison Sedai, there is a bit of all Ajahs within every initiate of the Tower.'

Melosa says 'Everyone can or could Heal to a certain extent, fight better or lesser than others.'

Chloro nods and lifts her cup taking another sip of tea before commenting. "What makes you think this is not the response of many Aes Sedai, not just Red or Green?"

Melosa says 'I believe that my... gifts lie towards that of preventing another Breaking or fighting the Shadow wherever it may be'

Chloro holds a hand up for silence. "Child that is the goal of every woman who wears the shawl. I think Alison Sedai gave you more knowledge than you know. You are at a stage where you should be exploring all avenues for the future. Once that decision is made and the shawl on your shoulders, there is no going back."

Melosa says 'Most wise, Chloro Sedai'

Melosa says 'I am by no means decided.'

Chloro says 'Battle sisters, strong healers despite what my yellow sisters think, and scholars exist in every Ajah.'

Melosa says 'And I've been blessed to be able to pass the Arches.'

Melosa says 'Early.'

Melosa says 'But I do expect the rest of the journey to be long and illuminating.'

Chloro says 'We shall examine the Gray Ajah for instance.'

Chloro says 'I am strong enough in healing to have gone the Yellow path if it was correct for me, I also investigate as strongly as most Blue's. Everesta Sedai has launched herself into battle as much as a Green or Red sister, Mariah Sedai and Nevirha Sedai have used logical and Scholarly debate to solve and maintain many treaties. Alvana and Mariel Sedai have more skills than I can count that would lend them to any other Ajah.'

Chloro says 'Not exactly the picture of Gray Aes Sedai that the outside world would see, now is it?'

Chloro says 'Does this knowledge change your mind in any way?'

Melosa says 'Indeed, the various sisters of the Gray Ajah have distinguished themselves in battle and more.'

Melosa says 'It certainly adds to what I need to consider about.'

Melosa says 'May I ask a question, Chloro Sedai?'

Chloro says 'You may speak freely child.'

Melosa says 'For me, I believe what Ajah I select is the one whose cause or purpose resonates most with my being. '

Melosa ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Melosa says 'Almost certainly not'

Melosa says 'Who one is, may continue to change.'

Chloro says 'If you choose Red or Green, will the zeal for charging into battle always be there? If not, what will you do as a Red or Green in circumstance? '

Melosa thinks hard.

Melosa says 'Perhaps the zeal, if not the body, will remain as strong.'

Melosa chuckles politely.

Melosa says 'Chloro Sedai's point is well-taken.'

Chloro says 'An Ajah is a group of women you choose to live among that may have similar goals to yours. Remember that as you move further towards your choice.'

Melosa says 'Indeed.'

Melosa says 'That is something that I must admit that I have not considered.'

Chloro says 'Now, let us have a lesson on the Gray Ajah. What do you know of political and social damage control?'

Melosa says 'Only through the books, Chloro Sedai'

Chloro says 'Elaborate.'

Melosa says 'When I awoke earlier though, I did hear rumors of a war brewing between Tar Valon and Tarabon...'

Chloro says 'Are those the words you intended to use child?'

Melosa says 'Ah not exactly.'

Melosa says 'To your question.'

Melosa says 'I would venture a guess to say that the Gray Ajah's role is to keep the world together to face the Shadow.'

Melosa says 'After all, what would be more damaging to the Light than a fractured world.'

Chloro looks at Annoura and her other sisters gathered. "In a way, yes it is."

Chloro says 'So for instance, if you were tasked to handle a report of an Accepted who may have traveled out of bounds up north even in the company of an Aes Sedai, or a Novice that might have sparred with a member of a rogue channeler faction called the kin. How would you handle this situation?'

Melosa thinks hard.

Melosa says 'If I may be so bold, Chloro Sedai, is that in the Gray Ajah's purview?'

Chloro maintains her mask of calm watching the Accepted's body language and looking for signs of an increased pulse.

Melosa says 'I had understood the Gray Ajah's role a bit differently.'

Chloro says 'Any Aes Sedai could be tasked to handle such a situation regardless of Ajah. However, this would involve the outward image of the tower and the inability to keep an initiate in line, thus the Gray Ajah.'

Melosa says 'Thank you for the clarification!'

Melosa says 'And to your question.'

Melosa considers her word.

Melosa says 'Let us take the first example.'

Chloro takes the last sip of her tea placing the mug to the side on the table in front of her. "Think carefully child, there are more pieces to that question then you may think."

Melosa says 'Certainly, to manage the image of the Tower, an example should be made of course'

Melosa says 'Especially if other nations were to know of such an infraction.'

Melosa says 'That would certainly affect the Tower's image.'

Melosa says 'And in fact, this would apply for the latter then.'

Chloro says 'It would apply to both children.'

Melosa says 'Yes indeed.'

Chloro says 'Allow me to demonstrate. '

Chloro says 'The Green Ajah would most likely handle the Accepted for the violation traveling north outside of bounds which it clearly states an Aes Sedai cannot give permission for an Accepted to do so in the handbook. The Reds would handle the Novices brazen attempt to take on another channeler in combat.'

Melosa says 'Of course'

Chloro says 'However the Grays would seek to defend the Towers image in both the north and where the spar took place. A Gray sister or many other sisters for that matter would see the child in a much-dimmed light delaying the Accepteds progress going forward, and possibly assigning penance.'

Melosa says 'Of course'

Melosa says 'A most fair judgement.'

Chloro says 'Now in those scenario's that would be based on if there was solid proof of the incidents. As you can see from this lesson, the Gray Ajah does battle on many fronts, it is merely the field it happens on that differs from our Red and Green sisters. When a Tower member, regardless of how high they might be makes a misstep and it causes incident, the Gray Ajah is called upon to handle it.'

Chloro says 'Do you have any questions on this lesson, or in general Melosa?'

Melosa says 'Yes!'

Chloro motions with her ands for the Accepted to ask away.

Melosa says 'Does that mean, to a certain extent, the Gray Ajah is responsible for discipline?'

Chloro motions with her ands for the Accepted to ask away.

Melosa says 'Or per chance, I am misunderstanding the lesson?'

Melosa says 'Or is it more.. for an objective administrator?'

Chloro says 'All Aes Sedai are responsible for discipline. However, the Gray Ajah is tasked with the Tower's image. To disrupt it is to have their eyes upon you. Do you think we would allow a woman to be raised to the shawl if we did not think she could control herself and her image in public?'

Chloro says 'All seven Ajahs raise a girl to the shawl, not just the one she hopes to join.'

Melosa says 'Of course'

Melosa says 'Thank you for the clarification, Chloro Sedai'

Melosa says 'And of course the lesson.'

Chloro says 'The greatest talent of the Gray Ajah is big picture thinking. We examine a topic and all of its possible outcomes before deciding on a course of action and the ripples it may cause. This is a good talent to develop in your tower career Melosa, and may aid you in the decision to come.'

Melosa says 'Ah, certainly a skill I would need to continue developing.'

Chloro says 'Your training has just begun, I will aid you in developing this skill, just as my sisters of other Ajahs will aid you in other ways. '

Melosa says 'Indeed, Chloro Sedai. There is so much to learn about the ways of the Ajahs that I fear that it may be a task beyond me'

Melosa sighs.

Chloro says 'For now, I task you with going into the archives and reading a class I used to teach. "Ajahs in the last battle". You will find a different perspective on each, than what the general public believes them to do. As far as knowledge, no Aes Sedai was trained in a day, and neither will you be. Ask questions, to many do not.'

Melosa stops resting, and clambers on her feet.

Chloro says 'A good next step towards the big picture would be for you to meet with a member of the Green Ajah and of the Red Ajah. '

Melosa says 'I will certainly do so.'

Chloro says 'For now I release you back to your duties. Oh, and Melosa, keep in mind now that you are Accepted, you have far more eyes watching you than you did as a novice.'

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Melosa curtseys gracefully.

Melosa leaves east. >>

Lys

Re: Damage Control

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:40 pm

awarded 2qps

Chloro

Re: Damage Control

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : -
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : -
Length bonus +1-2 qps : -
Summary: +1 qps : -

Awards:
Chloro 0 (declines qps)
Melosa 2 (agree with first award pasted on participation and responses)