A chat with an Accepted

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Maddy

A chat with an Accepted

Post by Maddy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:47 pm

Elmitsu finishes her ministrations around the oven, turning toward Maddy.

Elmitsu says 'Light keep you, Maddy.'

Maddy Smiles at Elmitsu and says" Chloro Sedai has tasked me with interviewing Accepted about being Accepted and named you as a good choice in particular, do you have some time?"

Elmitsu nods, and a little wisp of hair escapes her ribbon, "Happy to share what insight I can, Maddy, though often Aes Sedai send novices to speak with me as a cautionary tale!"

Elmitsu giggles to indicate that she is clearly jesting.

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu.

Elmitsu says 'But let us get a little more comfortable?'

Elmitsu beckons Maddy to follow her.

Maddy says 'The particular question she wanted me to ask was what being an Accepted means to you?'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Maddy starts following Elmitsu.

<travel to the Well>

Maddy has arrived from the east.

The chamberdoor closes quietly.

Elmitsu leads Maddy over to the small garden at the bottom of the well. She takes the best available seat and waits for the Novice to situate herself.

Maddy gently lowers herself to the ground, pulling her notepad and pen out of her bag, placing them on the fountain ledge to use as a table

Elmitsu crosses her ankles as she considers the question Maddy posed in the kitchens, "What being an Accepted means to me, you say?"

Maddy says 'Yes'

Maddy shakes her pen blotting it on the hanky attached to her bag, then poises her pen to take notes.

Elmitsu takes her time as she begins formulating her answer, clearly enjoying her captive audience, "Now, I think there is probably an answer that is more 'correct' than the one I would be tempted to give."

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu.

Maddy says 'Correct is not always something we learn from'

Elmitsu says 'For to be an Accepted is to try to answer the question: what does it mean to be Aes Sedai?'

Maddy grins at Elmitsu.

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'We wear this banded hem to learn how to be a Servant of All.'

Elmitsu fidgets with her great serpent ring, turning it on the third finger of her left hand.

Elmitsu says 'But what does it mean to ME?'

Elmitsu says 'I think that is a little harder to say.'

Elmitsu says 'Before I answer, will you tell me what you think it means?'

Maddy glances up from her notes to glance at the thoughtful look on Elmitsu's face

Maddy says 'I think it means taking on more responsibility and a further step towards learning the best fit for yourself within the Tower, Eventually to become a Servant of All. '

Elmitsu nods silently as she reflects on Maddy's answer for a moment.

Elmitsu says 'Yes, I think you're right.'

Elmitsu pauses.

Maddy dips her cup in the fountain and takes a tiny sip before setting on the ledge

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu.

Elmitsu says 'But for me--it was more than that too. Taking this ring . . . I think it meant that I was not the foolish girl who first arrived at this Tower.'

Maddy says 'I can understand that. There are a lot of temptations when you learn to handle the one source correctly'

Elmitsu says 'There are a lot of temptations when you are -young.-'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'So I suppose part of this -is- growing up.'

Maddy says 'Are you leaning towards one of the Ajahs, and if so, how did you make that decision'

Elmitsu says 'I have previously expressed interest in several Ajahs, but I have yet to accept any formal apprenticeship.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'There's so much possibility . . . and I hate seeing doors close.
Maddy says 'Have you ruled out any'

Elmitsu 's nose crinkles as she considers, "Well, I have enjoyed lessons with all the Yellows I've studied with, but I don't really have much Talent for Healing."

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'And the Brown . . . maybe I'm just too restless? But my penmanship continues to improve.'

Elmitsu smiles slyly.

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu.

<brief interruption>

Elmitsu has arrived from the east.

The chamberdoor closes quietly.

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu.

Elmitsu says 'Sorry about that, Maddy! I had a question for Keshara Sedai that ran a little long.'

Maddy says 'No worries I appreciate your time'

Maddy says 'I have been enjoying the sun, quiet and my book. Did you get all sorted out with Keshara Sedai'

Maddy flips through her notes and says “Where were we?”

Elmitsu says 'I think we'd answered your question, but I'm not sure if we'd gotten to the heart of
the matter? What do you think?'

Maddy says 'i believe i was asking about strengths'

Maddy says 'Do you feel you have any strengths that would work better with one Ajah or the other'

Maddy says 'I believe you have almost ruled out Brown as you have no love of books '

Elmitsu giggles, "I love them plenty! I swear!"

Elmitsu looks around the Well to see who else might be listening.

Maddy says 'Although the exercise we did with Keshara Sedai the other day you did well at the letter writing'

Elmitsu says 'But you are right. I am probably not an ideal librarian.'

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu

Maddy says 'I would say that from your initial entrance to the Tower you tend to be high spirited.'

Maddy smiles at Elmitsu

Elmitsu returns Maddy's smile, and it is, at turns, both sly and sweet, "That is a kind way to
describe me, Maddy. Thank you."

Elmitsu adds, "I have not always been an ideal role model, but I am getting better. And I think . .
. if the Aes Sedai can teach -me- . . . well, there is no shortage of miracles in this world if one
looks hard enough."

Maddy grins widely at Elmitsu

Maddy says 'One last question'

Elmitsu says 'You need not limit yourself to one, but if there is only one left, I am happy to hear
It.'

Maddy says 'Do you ever get to know another Accepted or Novice and say oh that person belongs in any particular Ajah'

One long blast from a trumpet resonates through the Tower!

One long blast from a trumpet resonates through the Tower!

Elmitsu whispers to you, 'stabber in the Tower.'

Maddy jumps to her feet looking at Elmitsu in alarm

Maddy says 'Oh I see Patter through the keyhole'

Maddy says 'What do we do?'

Elmitsu says 'We stay here and continue our conversation. He is no match for Kennira.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Maddy feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body and begins to weave the appropriate flows...

-=+**+=- -=+*

Nobody around by that name.

Maddy says 'He is not locatable by name'

Elmitsu nods at you.

Elmitsu says 'I am not sure if locate weaves can discern when one is hidden?'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'I have often met a girl and thought she would be -perfect- for a particular Ajah.'

Ellmitsu says 'Though, luckily for those girls, I am not in charge of their futures.'

Maddy says 'Are your hunches usually right'

Elmitsu says 'Sometimes they are. I am a pretty good judge of character . . . but that is also the
beauty of this experience.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'Sometimes it reveals truths to you . . . about yourself . . . that you hadn't
considered. That someone else certainly hadn't.'

Maddy says 'When you came to the Tower did you think you were inclined to one, only to find they all interested you '

Elmitsu confides, scooting closer to the Novice, "Well, I was -very- interested in the White Ajah
when I was a Novice because Raeza Sedai was kind to me."

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu continues, "And the Gray helped me break my block, so of course they interested me too."

Maddy says 'Yes'

Elmitsu says 'But perhaps a small kindness is not enough for one to fasten the next 200 years of her life to.'

Maddy says 'Yes I agree'

Maddy says 'I have met very many that are kind here'

Elmitsu whispers to you, 'They say that's how long some Aes Sedai live. Can you believe it?'

Elmitsu says 'Do any of the Ajahs call to you particularly, Maddy?'

Elmitsu says 'Don't be embarrassed to say. I know you are still a Novice, but most girls who come here do so with a dream in their pocket.'

Maddy says 'I am not a hunter so not Red or Green'

Maddy says 'If i had to narrow it down right now between the remaining I would say Brown due to my love of books and Gray due to my love of harmony'

Elmitsu says 'Luckily, you have some time to decide.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu says 'But I shall be excited to watch your progress, Maddy.'

Maddy says 'Time is getting closer for you although, do you feel any pressure'

Elmitsu considers this, something flashing in her large eyes, "Any pressure I feel is internal, but
I want to make the right choice. It is an important one, after all."

Maddy says 'Yes very important'

Elmitsu considers, "But maybe a little pressure is good. That is how we make diamonds, after all."

Maddy says 'Very good example'

Elmitsu says 'What other questions do you have, Maddy? I am happy to answer any.'

Elmitsu says 'I know what it is like to have a lot of questions and nowhere safe to put them.'

Maddy closes her notepad, putting both her pad and pen in her bag and leans back lifting her face up enjoying the sun

Maddy says 'Yes I am on my 3rd note book of observations, questions and my to do list'

Maddy feel the flows of saidar coursing through your body and begins to weave the appropriate flows...
-=+*

Maddy weaves the flows of Earth to create a meal.
Maddy weaves the flows of Earth to create a meal.

Maddy gives a strange fruit to Elmitsu.

Maddy eats the fruit.

Maddy smiles happily.

Elmitsu returns the smile easily.

Elmitsu says 'Sometimes the questions are even better than the answers, I find.'

Maddy kicks her shoes off and wiggles her bare toes in the grass, saying,"My questions often lead to more questions"

Maddy giggles.

Elmitsu says 'That is good too. We call that a line of inquiry.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Elmitsu snickers softly.

Maddy grabs her cup off the ledge taking another small sip before returning it to its
place.

Elmitsu says 'Well, best of luck to you, Maddy. Come find me if you need to talk again.'

Maddy says 'Thank you Elmitsu I appreciate it'

Elmitsu looks around the Well and its many empty chambers, "It can be lonely here sometimes."

Maddy says 'I am never lonely with a good book at my side'

Maddy grins evilly.

Maddy says 'Having said that I do need to clean my chambers'

Maddy sighs.

Maddy says 'Chores are not my favorite part of being in the Tower'

Elmitsu says 'I'm sure we're learning something from them, but don't ask me what.'

Elmitsu smiles softly again.

Maddy giggles..

Maddy says 'A question for an Aes Sedai but how to word it without seeming insolent '

Maddy smiles happily.

Maddy stands up and stretches her arms and legs relieving the kinks

Elmitsu extracts herself from the lovely pit of garden the pair had occupied as she moves to address Kennira.

Kennira, Caretaker of Novices gives Elmitsu an offer.

Elmitsu eats a strange fruit.

Kennira, Caretaker of Novices helps Elmitsu into her private chamber.

Maddy pulls her book out of her bag and begins to read quietly in the sun.

Lys

Re: A chat with an Accepted

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:45 pm

awarded 2 qps

Chloro

Re: A chat with an Accepted

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:00 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : +
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : -
Length bonus +1-2 qps : -
Summary: +1 qps : -

Awards: