MC's, Reds, and Towns People... Oh, My!

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

MC's, Reds, and Towns People... Oh, My!

Post by Chloro » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:45 pm

Tower Accepted Isela comes to learn from Chloro Sedai, what Gray Ajah skills would benefit a woman attempting to go Red. The topic jumps from damage control, to Ajah incidents, to the structure and lineage of the Red Aah.

View of Chloro:
Participants: Chloro, Isela

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Isela has arrived from the east.

Isela curtseys gracefully.

Isela says 'Your tea, Aes Sedai'

Isela gives Chloro Sedai a cup.

Chloro looks to the Accepted and nods, taking the proffered cup of tea. Dressed in a Black and red gown of silk she glides gracefully to the large round table motioning for the Accepted to take a seat. "Come child."

Isela smiles and nods.

Isela chooses a seat.

Isela sits down.

Chloro perches herself in her high-backed chair, flame red hair spilling over her shoulders as exotic gray eyes weigh and measure the child before her. "We have not spoken in some time Isela, how do your studies progress?"

Isela says 'It is good to see you again Chloro Sedai. I must have missed you several times.'

Isela smiles, a twinkle in her eye.

Isela says 'My studies are going well. I'm currently working on putting together my class.'

Chloro says 'While that is a comfort child, the shadow stirs of late and time is precious, tell me, which ajah do you learn from now?'

Isela says 'I am apprenticed to Talasia Sedai of the Red, Aes Sedai.'

Chloro says 'With the amount of male channelers running around lately, I am pleased by this. Elaborate on your training.'

Isela folds her hands comfortably in her lap.

Isela says 'The Red has been unforgiving in their training of me so far, Chloro Sedai.'

Isela says 'At first this proved frustrating, but I have come to be energized by it.'

Isela says 'With all the new dreadlords, it's of utmost importance that we are prepared.'

Isela says 'My most recent lessons have been learning how to slice others' weaves.'

Isela says 'That is also going to be one of the topics of my class, so I'm practicing hard.'

Isela says 'I'm finding that it's very situational, but I've seen it used, and even used it myself, to great effect.'

Isela says 'Evaine Sedai is incredible with it.'

Chloro smiles amused and chuckles for a moment. "Child if you think attempting to apprentice to any other Ajah would not be as daunting, you would be mistaken. I am glad to see you flourishing with my Red sisters though, however, do not forget that all seven Ajahs raise a woman to the shawl, not just one."

Isela nods. 'Indeed Chloro Sedai, it is well that we have met today to get caught up.'

Isela says 'May I ask a question of you?'

Chloro thinks for a moment lifting her right hand to twirl a strand of red hair before speaking. "I will offer a lesson that many do not. Tell me child, what do you know of the structure of the Red Ajah. Who are the sitters, who pulls weight among the Reds?"

Chloro says 'You may then answer mine.'

Isela nods in agreement.

Isela says 'I was curious to know if rulers of any lands have put forth official laws surrounding the increased awareness of the dreadlords, since they seem to be multiplying, and if the Gray has had any consultation.'

Isela says 'To answer your question, Morella Sedai and Sarinda Sedai are the current Sitters for the Red'

Isela says 'Morella Sedai seems to be the most strict in my opinion, which makes me think others defer to her. Perhaps that is just her personality.'

Isela blinks her eyes innocently.

Chloro says 'That was part of the question child, the other part was who pulls weight among the Reds. If you seek to join an Ajah, you must learn the inner workings of it. If you have not yet you should request lessons or meetings with Alosia and Ruby Sedai.'

Isela says 'I will seek them out. I haven't seen them awake, but I'll leave word with their scribes.'

Chloro says 'In regards to your question, it is a difficult thing to tell a ruler who has little to no knowledge of the oe power that men who would misuse it could be loose in their city. Panic and riots would ensue. However, make note that recently new coach routes have opened expanding the travel of those that could combat them and speeding the traveling process up. The Gray Ajah well knows the threat male channelers bring, along with female channelers who cannot keep their wits about them...'

Isela sips her tea slowly.

Isela nods, tilting her head in thought.

Isela says 'Not even in the Borderlands, Chloro Sedai?'

Isela says 'They seem quite unruffled by such things.'

Isela sips from the cup.

Chloro steeples her hands on the table thinking before speaking. "Well then Accepted. Suppose we told them that men with channeling ability were running rampant. What would you expect the people of that village or town to do? The fear of channeling men is already in the general public. However, add panic or renewed fear to it and chaos would pop up."

Isela stares blankly, thinking for a moment.

Chloro raises her right hand for silence.

Isela opens her mouth to speak, then closes it again.

Isela sips from the cup.

Chloro says 'Men who can channel may have broken the world, but ordinary men with pikes and shields laid siege to this very island long after the breaking at the thought of Aes Sedai holding too much power or misusing it. As you continue your training, even Reds must learn political and social damage control. '

Isela nods, brightening a bit.

Chloro says 'I pose the same question, what would you have those towns and villages do? Attempt to take on these men themselves and add to the casualties?'

Isela shakes her head. 'What you say makes sense, Chloro Sedai. Perhaps such news is best shared with government and military only so the towns can be prepared without causing a panic.'

Isela says 'Does the Gray advise on those matters?'

Chloro smiles her eyes giving off that she knows more than the Accepted thinks. "We do if there is need, however if you pay attention, you will find a Red sister in most nations looking for the signs herself. Even the keep of Fal Dara has a Red sister watching for male channelers."

Isela leans forward a bit, nodding. 'I have met her. I'm heartened to hear the Red and Gray may find common goals to work together on that.'

Isela leans back, sipping her tea.

Chloro says 'Oh child, all Ajahs work towards one common goal, only the methods we employ fracture us into Ajahs. To become Aes Sedai is to have a little of every Ajah in you.'

Isela frowns.

Isela says 'Is it your experience that "fractured" is an apt term to describe the Ajahs, Chloro Sedai?'

Isela says 'I admit, I have experienced a bit of that from the Aes Sedai I've spoken with so far too.'

Isela says 'I hope we can overcome that and work more closely together in the future.'

Chloro says 'The Ajahs themselves no, human nature yes. Divisions if they arise are not caused by Ajahs but by individuals not in check with their emotions. '

Isela taps her lip a moment.

Isela says 'I suppose being of the Gray, you've experienced individuals not in check with their emotions at the highest rule of the land.'

Isela says 'Thank you for guiding them.'

Chloro says 'The greatest advice I could give someone seeking to shawl, is to take any rift between their future sisters with a grain of salt.'

Isela says 'As you said, one common goal. I'm sure what I heard is meaningless in comparison.'

Chloro says 'It is not Isela, you seek to do done the mantle of an Aes Sedai and carry our burden. So, I speak plainly. I have many sisters and just like in any family there will be fall outs. However, time heals most things.'

Isela nods, pensive once more.

Isela says 'I suppose if I were a White apprentice I would have come to that conclusion sooner.'

Isela shows a slow smile.

Chloro smiles warmly, "Then it is good you have much time yet to think. Have you met the sister who mentored Talasia?"

Isela says 'I believe Talasia Sedai mentored Saridna Sedai, but I haven't heard yet who mentored Talasia Sedai'

Isela says 'To be fair to her, though, so far we have been communicating through messages, as she has been away.'

Chloro says 'Then I believe you have an Assignment, find out who trained your mentor. You have another Red to seek out and meet, for I do not believe her name is on the roster for sisters in residence.'

Isela nods, eyes brightening. 'I'll ferret it out!'

Chloro says 'Perhaps it will draw out the blue or Gray in you.'

Isela allows a sporting grin.

Isela says 'May I ask once more question, Chloro Sedai?'

Chloro chuckles remembering sleuthing about in her younger years. "You may."

Isela says 'What is the one thing you look for in Accepted who are advanced in their studies and reaching for the shawl that makes you think to yourself, 'She's ready.''

Isela sits back, a picture of calm.

Chloro raises and eyebrow and offers a look of half respect, half emotionless calm. "They have taught you to use your words I see. I will give you what I give to all Tower Accepted. To be thought ready is to be seen as taking on as much of the burden as possible. Teaching and tutoring the lower ranks, defending in times of need, healing to whatever ability you have, aiding the people of this world, and aiding the Aes Sedai of all Ajahs."

Chloro says 'You must show you are capable of stepping into any situation and either supporting those you wish to call sister, or taking their place should they fall.'

Isela smiles openly. 'Thank you for answering my question, Chloro Sedai. I will strive to bring life to those words.'

Chloro says 'I also offer one more thing. With your studies resuming, many Aes Sedai have returned home. I would been seeking as many private lessons or talks as possible, if I was in your position.'

Isela nods in agreement.

Isela says 'I certainly have seen more Aes Sedai around of late, and have endeavored to introduce myself at every opportunity.'

Isela says 'I'll continue to do so.'

Chloro says 'As you seek to go Red, I would look for those of the White and Blue, to show balance in your training.'

Isela nods thoughtfully. 'Thank you, Aes Sedai.'

Chloro says 'I know well the task given to you by my sister Sarinda, it is one I give to my own apprentices. I will inform her of our meeting.'

Isela inclines her head in appreciation.

Chloro says 'Remember, though you seek Red, my door is always open.'

Isela says 'I shall. I value your insight and time.'

Isela clambers to her feet.

Isela curtseys gracefully.

Isela leaves east. >>

Lys

Re: MC's, Reds, and Towns People... Oh, My!

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:47 pm

awarded 3 qps

Chloro

Re: MC's, Reds, and Towns People... Oh, My!

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:03 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : -
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : -
Length bonus +1-2 qps : -
Summary: +1 qps : -

Awards:
Chloro 0 (declines qps)
Isela 1qps