Helen Seeing the Gray of it All

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Helen Seeing the Gray of it All

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:19 pm

Chloro Sedai summons the two Accepted interested in the Gray Ajah to discuss matters. Both Accepted realize Chloro Sedai has seen and heard more of recent events than they thought. Helen through the finesse of Saidar gains a whole new independence.

View of: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Helen, Elmitsu

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Elmitsu has arrived from the east.

Helen has arrived from the east.

Helen makes a cautious curtsey.

Helen looks around the room blindly.

Elmitsu leads Helen into the Gray Ajah Meeting Room, offering her own curstey only after Helen has rise.

Helen says 'I have come as you have requested, Chloro Sedai. Elmitsu was so kind to be my guide, I hope you don't mind that'

Elmitsu's arm is hooked through Helen's like a thread through the eye of a needle.

Elmitsu murmurs, quietly, "I am happy to wait outside if you wish to speak privately, Chloro Sedai."

Chloro smiles warmly, her smile transferring to her voice. "Hello Accepted's, Helen it is good to see you returned to your studies."

Helen says 'I am most excited to put renewed effort into proving myself the best I can'

Chloro looks to the pair and motions to Elmitsu to take a few steps to the right and allow Helen to stand on her own. "I believe, I can aid you in this. Tell me Helen, do you have any strength with earth?"

Elmitsu disengages from Helen at the Aes Sedai's urging and trots a few paces to the right.

Helen says 'I find fire to be my greater strength, but I have learned a trick or two with earth that has been to my benefit'

Elmitsu whispers to Helen, though audibly, "Fire is my strength too."

Chloro says 'If I recall correctly, you can feel the weaves being formed, is this true?'

Helen says 'That is correct, Aes Sedai. It's like a taste, a smell, a touch all at once.'

Helen says "I can feel it here," and taps her chest and then her head, "and here."

Elmitsu watches Helen with eyes as large as saucers, though she says nothing as the other Accepted addresses the Aes SEdai.

Chloro says 'I have seen Gitara Sedai use this weave often. Many think she has the stubbornness of a bull and thats how she gets around. However, if done correctly, it will allow you to feel your surroundings. '

Helen says 'I would be most grateful if you could show me such a weave. I think I can do something similar, but I can only imagine what an esteemed Aes Sedai like Gitara Sedai could do. And yourself, of course, Chloro Sedai'

Chloro lets out a soft pleasant sigh as she embraces Saidar, Towards her right had weaves of earth and air pull from the very stones of the room, water comes from the air, and spirit comes from herself. Allowing them to mesh together the room slowly starts to form in her mind, not clear colors but shapes and gradients. "I am not as familiar with this weave as Gitara Sedai is, but with practice. It may prove to increase your independence."

Elmitsu says 'Chloro Sedai, that looks awfully similar to the weaves I see around Helen when she is discovering something new, but yours are much more sophisticated.'

Helen says 'Might I give your weave a try?'

Elmitsu says 'You must, Helen!'

Chloro says 'You are an Accepted Helen, you no longer require permission to channel.'

Helen nods in agreement.

You sense Helen connecting to the True Source.

Elmitsu seems to swell with admiration for her fellow Accepted, though she manages a bit of decorum for Chloro's benefit.

Helen breathes deeply enjoying the feeling of embracing the source before relaxing. She stares straight ahead, a firm look upon her face as she starts to put together the weaves. She first pulls together the flows of air, bringing a stillness to the room. Flows of spirit drawn from herself come next. But as she tries to put together the flows of water there is a struggle. She tries again, but the flows resist efforts. She lets the weave fall apart with frustration.

Helen mutters to herself in complete disgust.

Helen says 'I'm sorry, Aes Sedai, I have always struggled with weaves of water'

Elmitsu says, as an aside to Helen, "They are not my strongest, either."

Chloro nods and looks to Helen then to Elmitsu. "It seems there is still some teaching of Saidar left for both of you. I am equally strong in Fire and water, I understand the difficulty it can pose."

Elmitsu tries to express her frustration, "I sometimes feel as though I could write my name five different ways with a thread of fire, but only flood the room with water."

Chloro remains embraced and motions for Elmitsu to embrace. "Water is around us constantly in the air we breath. The dampness or humidity of a room. What you must do is remove the dampness from the air. Allow the air to flow away and water to flow to you. Both of you try this."

Helen nods in agreement.

Elmitsu is still surrounded by the nimbus of saidar as she listens to Chloro Sedai's instruction.

Chloro says 'Feel the water girls.'

Elmitsu holds her hand out to Helen's.

Helen stands there, her fist grasping her cane in an iron grip. After a moment she relaxes her grip and lets her cane clatter to the floor as she breathes out. With her breath she manages a flow of water, small but clearly present.

Chloro nods offering a sound of approval as she looks to Elmitsu.

Elmitsu slowly relaxes until she is able to send several plumes of water into the air. Control, not power, seems to be her issue.

Helen doesn't wait before attempting the weave from before, holding the flow of water and drawing in the air and spirit. It takes her effort, like watching someone try sewing for the first time, but the weave comes together and she gasps.

Chloro narrows her eyes slighting watching each weave Elmitsu produces, the very connectedness of it."Elmitsu, you must learn control and how to produce the smallest of weaves. Helen, you must learn confidence that which you do not know. either of these traits could be fixed with practice and discipline."

Helen nods absent-mindedly as she stares in wonder at the room and everything in it. "Aes Sedai...is this what sight is like?"

Elmitsu whispers something to Helen.

Chloro says 'It is a version of sight, Gitara Sedai likened it to seeing a foretelling, not everything is clear but you get a general sense.'

Elmitsu stiffens at mention of Foretelling.

Chloro looks to Elmitsu, her gray eyes stateing she knows more than the Accepted thinks, then back to Helen. "Now I would like both of you to take a seat at the round table. Helen, practice makes perfect, so attempt to use the weave to navigate your way."

Helen nods in agreement.

Elmitsu looks as though she is tempted to lead Helen to the table, but then thinks better of it. She takes her seat with eager eyes studying Chloro Sedai.

Helen kneels down and grabs her cane without having to feel around for it. She doesn't use it as she walks around the room, not immediately heading to the table. Her hips bounce against a chair and her walking is far from straight as she moves around with amazement written on her face.

Chloro smiles with a somewhat motherly pride as she watches Helen and speaks with soft but dominating tone "Child, you have the rest of your life to explore that weave please join us."

Helen blushes.

Helen says 'My apologies, Aes Sedai'

Helen moves towards a chair and reaches out to steady herself before she sits down.

Helen sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Elmitsu has already claimed the chair next to Helen's; she watches Chloro with eyes as large as saucers.

Chloro looks from helen to Elmitsu and makes a upward motion with her right hand. "Mouth closed dear, you have seen what the One Power can do, this another thing on a long list."

Elmitsu tries her best to appear as Chloro Sedai's ideal, though her fidgety fingers still twitch as she holds them clasped near her sides.

Chloro says 'Helen, though Accepted are not allowed to experiment to develop new weaves, Erulisse Sedai takes joy in doing just that. The weave you now know will show what is connected to the ground, but it will not show you an arrow or dagger thrown at you, nor will it show a bird in flight. However, many things are lost to us, perhaps you will find such a weave, in time.'

Helen nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'That is all for today Elmitsu, you may leave us.'

Elmitsu stands before marking another near perfect curtsey. She inclines her head in deference to Chloro Sedai and the other assembled Grays before retreating from the Sanctum.

Elmitsu opens the carveddoor.

Elmitsu leaves east. >>

The carveddoor closes quietly.

Helen's gaze follows Elmitsu as she leaves.

Chloro watches the Accepted leave then turns her gaze to Helen. "So Accepted, what will you do first with your new found sight?"

Helen says 'I...I don't know. Honestly, Aes Sedai, it's a lot to take in. I feel tired just looking around at everything, trying to make out what this shape or that shape means.'

Helen says 'I imagine my first course of action is to get used to it and test the limits of what I, and the weave, can do'

Chloro says 'That is a good perspective to have. If I remember correctly, you show interest in the Gray Ajah prior to your absence?'

Helen says 'That is correct. I have always had a fondness for knowledge, but truthfully I don't think I could stomach reading so many books'

Helen says the last with barely contained amusement.

Helen says 'I find the heart and soul of the Gray Ajah to be...most in touch with who I want to be as a person'

Chloro nods and looks over the Accepted, weighing and measuring her with exotic gray eyes."To have survived the arches without being able to see, I expect sisters of many Ajahs may seek to be your mentor. What draws you to the Gray specifically?"

Helen says 'Connecting people, bridging goals, healing the scars caused by ego and strife and most importantly: making sure the world is ready together for what we need it to be'

Chloro the answer over a moment then responds. "That is very pretty Accepted, but it does not answer my question directly. You show interesting in joining an Ajah that plays the great game better than the royalty of Cairhien. What passion in your heart drives you to us. What is your specific reason for wishing to go Gray?"

Helen takes a deep breath, "I was born in Maerone, not long after the Aiel War. I have been witness to the aftermath of the death and destruction of that war. I don't want there to be war again. I wish for the kind of unity that was born during that war to be born again and persist."

Chloro says 'Then why not the Yellow or Blue? Both seek peace in a way.'

Helen says 'The Yellows heal the wounds of flesh and bones, as important as any Ajah's mission, but their work deals more with individuals'

Chloro says 'Why not the Blue then?'

Helen says 'The Blues chase after Causes, in whatever way they see fit. I have much respect for the Blue Ajah, but I do not want to make my life's mission about my personal goals in *that* way. Instead I want to bring people together and...help them find common ground where it is most needed'

Chloro says 'Then we come to the fork between the Blue Ajah and the Gray Ajah. Blues have the luxury to focus on one cause if they choose. Grays do not, the big picture is always in our mind, the ripples this or that may cause and the constant tugging of the web of the world. Each string carefully placed to pulled in time of need.'

Helen listens intently while she nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'I would first like you to get more practice with the weave you have just learned. After I will have an assignment for you. For now I will leave you with your exploration. I caution, do not gawk to long in the kitchens, Mistress Laras does not care if you just gained sight, she will box your ears for holding the kitchens up regardless of who you are.'

Helen blushes.

Helen shivers uncomfortably.

Helen says 'I will be certain to spend no more time than necessary wherever I go, Aes Sedai'

Chloro says 'Then for now you are dismissed. When you are ready, seek me out and I will give that assignment.'

Helen says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. I shall do just that. Thank you for your lesson and your time'

Helen clambers to her feet.

Helen makes a cautious curtsey.

Helen walks out of the room without the aid of her cane.

Helen leaves east. >>

The carveddoor closes quietly.

Chloro looks to Annoura as the door closes. "Dry for years now two show interest. I cannot tell if this is a victory or a foretelling of great need to come."

Lys

Re: Helen Seeing the Gray of it All

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:02 pm

awarded 3qps

Chloro

Re: Helen Seeing the Gray of it All

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : -
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : -
Length bonus +1-2 qps : -
Summary: +1 qps : -

Awards: