Sharing the News

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Keshara

Sharing the News

Post by Keshara » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:20 pm

Summary: I wasn't originally going to post this, since it was just a set-up for a future RP session. But upon re-reading it, I felt the RP was part of the larger story. A few days after Elmitsu finds a body and blabs to everyone in the Well (https://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=18397), she blabs about it to Keshara. Obviously interested in a body showing up in the wing of the Blue Ajah, Keshara starts looking into the details, which is the set-up for their next interaction (https://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=18499).

POV: Keshara
Participants: Keshara and Elmitsu

Merchant Square
Perhaps the most crowded place in all of Tar Valon, the square is packed with
people shopping along Merchant Square. In the square is a fountain, which
some people lean against to rest or merely watch all that is surrounding
them. The White Tower lies a bit to the north, but people take no more notice
of it than the other buildings along the road.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
A fountain is here, offering clear blue water to all.
A worker busily earns a day's pay.
A Tower Guard watches for signs of trouble.
The Tar Valon town crier stands here, spreading the news.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.

Elmitsu has arrived from the north.

Keshara says 'Good afternoon. It does seem to be you, Accepted. Is all well?'

Elmitsu offers a precise curtsey to Keshara Sedai.

Elmitsu rises from the deep curtsey without much wobble.

Elmitsu says in a stage whisper, "I am happy to see you, Keshara Sedai. I am doing well, yes, though . . ."

Keshara nods at the Accepted without losing focus on the papers in her hand.

Elmitsu considers her words carefully, as one might a favorite toy, "Aelrena Sedai says I should know when to speak, but I wanted to ask someone . . . maybe I shouldn't ask."

Elmitsu says, not plaintively, "Can I ask you, Keshara Sedai? You are a Blue, after all."

Keshara says 'You seem well acquainted with speaking, and you have already come so far with your number of questions. I dare say you shouldn't stop now.'

Keshara briefly lowers her papers before flipping to one in the back.

Elmitsu cannot decide whether to be amused or mortified by the Aes Sedai's rejoinder; her mouth gapes like a fish for several moments before she soldiers on bravely.

Elmitsu says, mouthing the last word rather than speaking it, "Do you know what happened to the BODY?"

Elmitsu amends 'The one I found in the Blue wing!'

Keshara lowers the papers to hip-level 'Did you say bodies? Or just the one?'

Elmitsu rushes to exclaim this last, her words nearly touching in her haste to expel them, "Only-one-body-the-one-I-found-in-the-Blue-wing-it-was-dismembered."

Keshara places the now-finished paperwork carefully in her bag.

Keshara levels a look at the Accepted.

Elmitsu regains her composure, which may be a relative state for such a fluttery girl. She stills her hands before her so that they will not twitch at her sides. She watches the Aes Sedai expectantly.

Keshara says 'That is not a normal place for a body to be found, of that we are in agreement.'

Keshara says 'I'll make a note to look into what reports were filed on the matter. It had not been brought to my attention, yet.'

Elmitsu says 'I am sorry. Maybe I should not be talking about it . . . but I feel kind of . . . I mean, I was the one who -found- it. And I don't even know who it is! That's not right, Keshara Sedai. Everyone deserves a name . . . and a proper burial. The Last embrace of the mother!'

Elmitsu quivers a little after issuing this full utterance. She gawps like a fish again before once more finding some semblance of calm.

Keshara nods at the Accepted, making hand motions to calm her down if possible.

Keshara says 'It sounds like this has taken its toll on you, Child.'

Elmitsu allows Keshara's hand motions to quell her for the moment, "Yes. Aelrena Sedai has me working with the clerks . . . she says to improve my letters, but I think it's to distract me."

Keshara says 'If the matter was reported correctly, it will be handled in due course. We have procedures for reporting crimes and incidents. I am more interested in the how and the why. The Blue Ajah Wing.'

Elmitsu studies the Aes Sedai, "If I show you where I found it, will you give me a private lesson later? I think the Blue Ajah has a worthy cause."

Elmitsu concludes, a touch lamely, "I like . . . worthy causes."

Keshara says 'Did you notice anything out of the ordinary? Either in the surroundings of where you found the body, or with the body itself?'

Elmitsu manages to say this without much inflection, "Only that the body was dismembered beyond my ability to recognize it."

Keshara nods her head once more 'Once you have recovered from the incident, we can have a lesson. Investigation is best done with a level head and with precise intent.

Elmitsu beams, and the expression casts her wan complexion in sharp relief, "Thank you, Aes Sedai. I will look forward to that. May I write you?"

Elmitsu adds, again, "My letters -are- getting better."

Keshara tsks 'Often it is the small details are what provides the most insight into such matters.'

Elmitsu says 'How do you keep a level head when you are scared?'

Keshara says 'I'll send some letters of my own, to see if I can't narrow down the inquiry a bit.'

Elmitsu nods, and one of her hands drifts to her head to touch the white ribbon binding her hair back.

Keshara lowers her gaze to the Accepted 'Remember the lessons from the Arches, if you can. There are many techniques used to control your emotions. I can discuss those that work best for me, but the White Ajah teaches many subjects on their techniques.

Elmitsu looks around somewhat desolately, "They -are- good at that, huh. I miss Raeza Sedai."

Elmitsu mumbles, "I just remember being scared . . . but being scared of the other outcome more . . . maybe I'm just a coward."

Keshara says 'I have matters that I need to attend to, but you may write me so that we can schedule a lesson. In the mean time, try some personal inspection, ask yourself questions like Why you are feeling certain things, regardless of the technique you use to accomplish. '

Elmitsu says dutifully, "Thank you, Keshara Sedai."

Elmitsu adds before she bobs a curtsey and drifts from the Square, "Thank you for talking to me."

Elmitsu leaves north.

Lys

Re: Sharing the News

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:27 pm

Awarded 3qps - (2qps + 1 qp for part of a series)

Chloro

Re: Sharing the News

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:41 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : +
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : +
Length bonus +1-2 qps : -
Summary: +1 qps : +

Awards:
Keshara 1
Elmitsu 1