Penzei Sedai's charge to Trajega

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Trajega

Penzei Sedai's charge to Trajega

Post by Trajega » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:18 am

Solarium of the Yellow Ajah
Tall, arched windows offer a view of the island of Tar Valon and the
confluence of the river Erinin beyond Southharbor, as the river starts on
its journey to Tear. Pots and plants dot the balcony outside the windows.
Chairs have been drawn up near the windows and vases containing bouquets of
of yellow flowers have been placed nearby. Several desks and clusters of
chairs have been distributed around the room, allowing for informal
discussion of Yellow Sisters' research and studies.

Sumptuously upholstered, a gold brocade chaise lounge with gilded legs rests nearby.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
Penzei Perets, Elder Sister is resting here on a chaise lounge.
A Yellow Sister glides past.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.

Penzei gestures at the door with her hand.
The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.
Trajega curtsies before Penzei Sedai.

Penzei says 'SO, Tell me...'
Penzei reclines luxuriously on the chaise lounge chair.
Penzei says 'I hear you wish to become an apprentice of the Yellow Ajah?'
Trajega nods in agreement, and say 'I do Penzei Sedai.'

Penzei looks at Trajega.
Trajega says 'If I may explain myself.'
Trajega pauses hoping for affirmation to continue.
Penzei says 'Continue'
Trajega says 'I would like to see where I might best fit in to be of use to the tower. I do have a talent, while not as good as many of your sisters, for healing. I enjoy pushing a group to success, but I do not feel I’m best suited for the front line.'
Trajega says 'I was hoping to have guidance from the Yellow Ajah how I might best take steps forward to confirm if I am able to contribute in such a way.'

Penzei pauses a moment, reflecting on the statement.
Penzei says 'Tell me Dear, what do you know of the other Ajahs ?'
Trajega says 'I know what is publicly offered, and have gone through the history to know there are several I can probably rule out without needing much review. That is not to say they are not greatly needed, but I do not feel I have the abilities to fulfill their roles.'
Penzei blinks momentarily, expression as emotionless as a slate.
Trajega says 'the Red are great and cunning in combat, having a reaction speed I have never had in anything in life.'
Trajega says 'the Green. Well, I’ll pass on the men. The Blue have a focus of decision where I don’t think I could trust myself to make such strong decisions.'

Penzei says 'I see...'
Penzei says 'Well, I will alert my fellow Sisters of your intent...'
Penzei pauses dramatically on purpose.
Penzei says 'BUT, I'm going to need a report on the roles the other Ajahs play in the tower.'
Penzei says 'Everyone assumes that the Yellow Ajah is simply the healers...'
Trajega nods in agreement.
Trajega says 'Thank you Penzei Sedai.'

Penzei says 'But there are some that know we are just as dangerous as Red or Green Ajah at times.'
Penzei says 'I also expect you to meet with the other Ajahs directly. Schedule meetings with them and learn all you can about what it means to be an Aes Sedai. You will need all of this experience if you wish to one day become an Aes Sedai.'
Penzei says 'Just because we all wear a different shawl does not mean that we all have not filled the role of one another at some time.'
Trajega writes Penzei Sedai's instructions onto her notepad.
Penzei says 'Also, you will have to introduce yourself to the other Yellow Ajah members, as we all take part in raising an apprentice '
Trajega asks Penzei 'Can I ask you to be the first to offer your input?'
Penzei stifles a giggle for a moment.
Penzei says 'The short answer is no, part of becoming an Aes Sedai is building relationships. As I have already interacted with you here, I want you to seek out others and build that bond between them.'
Trajega shrugs.
Trajega says 'It was worth a try'
Trajega smiles at Penzei.
Penzei smirks.
Penzei says 'I will however be checking on your progress'
Penzei says 'Many of the Aes Sedai have much to offer you, pay attention and listen well.'
Trajega nods to Penzei Sedai, and thanks her for her time and guidance.

Penzei gestures with her hand.
The door smoothly swings open.
Penzei says 'Walk in the Light, Dear'
Trajega curtsies before Penzei Sedai.
Last edited by Trajega on Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trajega

Re: Penzei Sedai's charge to Trajega

Post by Trajega » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:19 am

Trajega learns more about the Red Ajah from Evaine Sedai

Den of the Red Ajah
This room reflects the cool nature of the Red Ajah, the furnishings just as
severe as the rest of the room. A gilded chair rests near the center of the
room, accompanied by an equally elaborate dark wooden desk. Chairs have
been drawn up to the tall, arched windows, which look over the western side
of Tar Valon, the western bank of the Erinin and Dragonmount beyond,
serving as a constant reminder of the purpose of the Red Ajah.
[ obvious exits: E ]
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Evaine Casnobar is standing here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Red Sister stares down here nose here.
Galina Casban completely ignores you.

Trajega curtsies to her audience.
Trajega says 'Thank you Evaine Sedai.'
Evaine nonchalantly adjusts her shawl, the blood-red fringes swaying across her back.
Evaine says 'What can I help you with, child?'
Trajega says 'I have been tasked with learning more of each Ajah, and was hoping I can ask you a few questions of both being a sister and of the Red Ajah.'
Evaine says 'I see.'
Evaine gestures to one of the oak chairs, 'Have a seat then. I don't have too much time, but I think I have the time to answer your questions.'
Trajega says 'If I may, can I give a breakdown of my understanding of the Red Ajah? I would like to see if you can help me fill in any pieces I may be missing'
Trajega sits down on a stout oaken chair.
Evaine glides behind the desk and pulls out the high-backed chair.
Evaine nods at Trajega.
Evaine says 'Yes, that would be a great place to start. '
Evaine sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Trajega says 'the Reds have been tasked with hunting down those who channel Saidin to gentle them, as this was the task that stopped the breaking. They also hunt down misuse of Saidar'
Trajega says 'both of wilders and disrupt circles of Saidar channeling outside the tower.'
Evaine nods, 'That is correct..'
Trajega says 'They have been dedicated to this task, and, to my understanding, less engaged in tower politics.'
A novice leaves east.
Trajega asks 'Can you advise if any of this is mis-measured, or want to offer something to add to my journal?'
Evaine says 'To some degree, I would argue that all Aes Sedai engage in Tower politics. But the Whites, Reds and Browns tend to see less value in focusing on them.'
A novice has arrived from the east.
Evaine says 'Politics can be distracting to the mission. The Ajahs were created after the Breaking of the World. When the male Aes Sedai nearly burned every nation to the ground, the females rose to the challenge and put the threat to rest.'
Trajega Scribes into her journal. Her eyes widen at the listing of the Brown, she was not aware of that one.
Evaine says 'So ALL Female Aes Sedai, at the start of the Tower's founding, had the same mission as the Red sisters do today.'

Evaine says 'In fact, the word 'ajah' in our recorded histories is spelled with a lower case 'A' and it wasn't until they were officially formed into the Seven we know of today that we have capitalized the term. It clearly differentiates the different time periods.'

A novice leaves east.
Evaine says 'My point being that all of the ajahs we know of today started with one mission in mind: to prevent the Breaking of the World.'
Evaine says 'The Red Ajah has continued to carry that charge, and will continue to carry it until the Taint from Saidin is no longer a threat to the world.'

Evaine says 'And from that charter, we have also come to be the policing force behind the misuse and mishandling of the One Power.'

Evaine says 'And as you are well aware, we do not take a Bond at all.'
Evaine says 'Even if the Warder were to be a woman, we do not see the value in breaking away from the ties of our Sisterhood.'
Evaine says 'hunting men who can channel, or suspected of channeling, takes a great deal of clandestine activities. The Sisterhood must remain intact and loyal to itself if ever we are to get ahead.'
Trajega says 'I have not seen any female warders. Are they or did they use to be within the Gaidin?'
Evaine says 'Yes, in the past there have been females among the Warder ranks.'
Evaine says 'It is not common, but worth noting as many have used that argument when discussing our apprehension towards the Bond itself.'

Trajega says 'May I ask why you chose the Red?'
Evaine calmly folds her hands on the desk before her, the great serpent ring glinting.
Evaine says 'When I was Accepted, I had studied the Breaking intently. I came to the conclusion that we have two main challenges facing the White Tower. The struggle to maintain a safe world that will not Break as it nearly did before, and the inevitable Last Battle.'
Evaine says 'We see threats of Shadowspawn all the time, but they can be handled by many soliders of the Light. I felt the one calling that stood out was the mission of the Red Ajah
- that is something only Aes Sedai can truly combat.'
Evaine says 'I also value the relationship of a Sisterhood. I was born in Altara, which is a very matriarchal society. I mean women can be seen dueling men all the time in the streets of Ebou Dar.'

Evaine removes a curved dagger from her belt and rests it on the table. Multiple gem inlays reflecting the candle light.
Evaine says 'This was my mother's marriage dagger.'
Evaine says 'When she left this world, I returned to Altara to retrieve it. '
You nod in agreement.
Evaine says 'It is a reminder of the strength of women.'
Evaine nods to herself, she must need reassurance.
Trajega says 'oh, that makes sense'
Evaine says 'Male channelers walk among us all the time and I hope to be one of the reasons they do not cause harm in this time line.'
Trajega says 'It seams an odd symbol, but that completely makes sense’
Evaine looks longingly at her serpent ring before coming back around.
Trajega says 'your sisterhood has put down the strongest and worst of them all.'
Evaine says 'There is also an affinity that many Red apprentices show for strengths in certain weaves. I became rather skilled at Shielding and Slicing weaves..not everyone is gifted with such strengths in the Power.'
Evaine says 'Some are gifted with the Talent of Healing, or Delving for instance,'
Evaine says 'But I knew by the time I was Accepted that I would only be happy if I achieved the Red-fringed shawl and was accepted into a Sisterhood of like-minded women.'

You emote: Trajega quickly looks up Delving in her book: Healing talent.
Evaine leans forward, 'Have you began to think on where you would best fit?"

Trajega says 'I have. There are a few Ajah where I do not think in my best day I would cut the muster, but I do have a Talent of Delving as it is called. I also am always curious to learn more.'
Trajega says 'Unfortunately, I am slow with reactions, and do not have any talent that would be applicable in battle. This would not be my strength. '
Trajega says 'I greatly respect the Reds greatly, as they have the most important role, and do it well. '

A non-descript Aes Sedai in a red shawl bustles into the Den.
Evaine 's dark eyes flash to the newcomer who has placed a sheet of paper on the desk.
Evaine scans the page, 'Oh Light. It seems there is a report of a male channeler coming to us just now.'
Evaine says 'It seems there is a male channeler named, Pingas, who has just murdered several innocent people south of Caemlyn'
Evaine clenches her fist, great serpent ring biting into the flesh.
Evaine says 'This is the type of threat I am referring to. Any man touching the Source cannot be trusted.'
Trajega cringes
Evaine says 'I am sorry to cut our conversation sort, Accepted. But I should investigate this matter with a small retinue of my Red Sisters.'
Trajega curtsies to your Evaine Sedai.
Evaine gathers her skirts and slides her chair out from the desk.
Evaine clambers to her feet.
Trajega says 'thank you Evaine Sedai'
Evaine says 'We will continue our discussion at a later date.'
Evaine says 'I would like to hear more about your studies and your homeland.'
Evaine says 'A girl's background can say a lot about her future.'
Trajega frowns.
Evaine says 'Now, I must be off.'
Evaine says 'Please see yourself out.'
Evaine leaves east.

Evaine narrates 'The Male Channeler Pingas has been vanquished. '

Keshara

Post by Keshara » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:08 pm

Keshara loves the color coding.

Lys

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:38 pm

awarded 2qps

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:56 pm

At request of Elysia, I am reviewing the original award for this and recommending the following:

Meeting with Penzei:
Trajega: 1 RPKudo
Penzei: 1 RPKudo

Meeting with Evaine:
Trajega: 2 RPKudos
Evaine: 2 RPKudos

Please say “pickup” at a room with the appropriate mobol (e.g., Warders’ Practice Yard) to receive your rewards once you have earned 3 or more RPKudos.