A Youngling, Accepted, and Aes Sedai

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

A Youngling, Accepted, and Aes Sedai

Post by Chloro » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:05 pm

Elmitsu seeks Chloro Sedai for a lesson, and the Gray sister invites in a youngling, so they can see how the other half is trained. Each discusses their training, and Chloro Sedai cuts through the cobwebs, helping Elmitsu realize she has already discarded 5 paths and has two before her

View of: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Elmitsu, Artorias

In the Apartment
It would seem that the occupant of these quarters spends as much time out
of the Tower as she does within. A travel pack stands beside the door,
recently deposited, yet standing ready to go at a moments notice. A number
of loose papers sit upon the face of the desk, an unstoppered bottle of ink
and a clean quill standing ready to be put to use.
[ obvious exits: N ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door north: thickdoor
Artorias has arrived from the north.
Elmitsu has arrived from the north.

Elmitsu looks around with eyes as wide as saucers as she follows Chloro into the apartment.

Chloro bustles into her private apartment, Accepted, and Apprentice in toe. "Now, please make yourselves comfortable. Artorias, would you please relate the training you have been undertaking for Elmitsu."

Artorias nods in agreement.

Elmitsu alights upon a straight-backed chair at the Aes Sedai's urging. She looks between the pair.

Artorias says 'Aside from the normal weapons training to better myself at defending those in need, I have been learning how to work better in a group, what it means to be a Gaidin and to how I should act, and the importance of barely being seen but not often heard.'

Artorias says 'I am told I need work on the latter part.'

Artorias gives a roguish grin.

Artorias says 'I have also been taking forays into the Blight and fighting Shadowspawn.'

Elmitsu nods along as Artorias unwinds the tale of his training.

Elmitsu says 'What does it mean to be a Gaidin?'

Artorias says 'I think that is open to interpretation by the different individuals. The key point though is I am to be the shield and the blade for the Sedai and other members of the White Tower.'

Artorias says 'First in, last out. My life for theirs.'

Artorias says 'Is how I reasoned it out.'

Artorias moves over and leans against the wall to where the thickdoor would swing away from him.

Elmitsu patterns her response after the one Artoris provided, "Of course, I am learning better control of the One Power as I approach my full potential. I am trying to learn what it means to be an Aes Sedai. I could say 'servant of all,' but--like you said, Artorias--I think that answer can vary too. I think one's personal answer guides her toward the right Ajah."

Chloro sits comfortably in her high backed Kandori chair upholstered in red and gray. "Elmitsu please relate the training you have undergone to Artorias."

Artorias nods slowly, looking at the Accepted with a knowing smile slowly forming on his lips.

Chloro looks to Elmitsu then to Artorias. "You are both on two different paths, and yet the same path. One to become Aes Sedai, another a Gaidin. In the end both will be a weapon of the light against the darkness of the shadow."

Elmitsu nods reflexively at the wisdom of Chloro's words.

Elmitsu looks between Chloro and Artorias as she poses her question, "How does one become a Gaidin? There's no ter'angreal to prove yourself . . . right?"

Artorias looks towards Elmitsu and gives a slight grin as he says "No, there is no ter'angreal to prove oneself. There is blood, sweat, tears, scars, and hard work though. I'm sure you share most of those with me as well. The Gaidin see potential in others and see if they wish to be an apprentice. Others, like myself, reach out and inform them that would like to become one.

Elmitsu smiles softly at Artorias' answer.

Chloro says 'For Artorias, the choice is simpler, he does not have to choose between a faction of seven to join. However, his talents will guide him towards a specific group of Sedai for potential bond. Should he survive till then. You have stated you have ruled out the Yellow, and Brown. Tell me of others.'

Elmitsu tries to still her fidgety hands in her lap, "I have been most interested, so far, in the Blue, Gray, and White, Aes Sedai . . . though I think the latter was mostly because I liked Raeza Sedai, and she has been gone from the Tower a long time."

Elmitsu adds, a touch ruefully, "and I am not sure I could be as impassive as a White even if I studied for 100 years."

Chloro nods, her ageless face a mask of calm framed by her flame red hair. "Then we have narrowed it further to Blue or Gray, what draws you to them?"

Elmitsu says 'I think they travel the most.'

Artorias chuckles politely.

Chloro smiles warmly and chuckles slightly, "Child you should know by now I expect a better answer than that."

Artorias says 'You must not have seen a Brown Sedai when she is studying something. Erulisse Sedai has dragged me around the whole world in her chase of knowledge and rare items.'

Elmitsu returns Chloro's smile as she tries to unpack her answer further, "I think the Gray's mission is very powerful--to guide nations, to broker peace, to advise Queens and Kings."

Chloro says 'And of the Blue?'

Elmitsu confesses, "This is harder for me to explain because I'm still working some of it out."

Elmitsu adds, after a beat, "Can I talk about the body?"

Chloro ponders the request and nods "You may speak freely Accepted."

Elmitsu says 'I haven't been able to get it out of my head, Aes Sedai.'

Chloro raises her left eyebrow ever so slightly, "Elaborate child."

Elmitsu says 'I think about what it means for someone to have their life reduced to that moment, me finding their dismembered corpse in the White Tower.'

Elmitsu says 'I wonder what their name is. I wonder . . . has anyone told their mother? I wonder who did that to them. I wonder if they will be brought to Justice.'

Elmitsu says 'I wonder if I am the only one who cares.'

Elmitsu says this, perhaps, a touch more forcefully than she had intended. She sits back in her chair, cheeks flushed.

Artorias glances at Chloro Sedai and asks "There is a dismembered corpse in the Tower? Should I be more alert?"

Chloro nods and thinks over her words carefully before looking those in attendance directly in the eyes, her own exotic gray's seeming to have seen too much. "I will state this plainly. You have both chosen to pursue a life that can be cut short at any moment. A quite life has no place in the White Tower or Gaidin Barracks."

Chloro says 'An Aes Sedai was found missing her head in her own apartment. Coulin Gaidin is aware and will take the proper action if needed. '

Elmitsu says 'I know, Aes Sedai. There are just so many . . . bad things that happen in this world. And I think . . . why did the Creator put me here, give me these gifts, if I am not meant to help.'

Artorias nods slowly and seems to relax just the slightest.

Chloro looks Elmitsu directly in her eyes, "The shadow knows no bounds child, it is found in the lowest hovels and highest courts. Do not be fool to think it could not be lurking somewhere here."

Artorias seems to mutter under his breath "The Black Ajah."

Elmitsu returns Chloro's stare with--not defiance, no--but a certain echoing ferocity that began with the Aes Sedai, "I think you are right, Chloro Sedai."

Elmitsu flinches at Artorias' aside but manages to find her resolve once more.

Chloro raises her hand cutting Artorias off. "Unless you have specific proof of such, it is best not to mutter that within a sister’s presence."

Chloro says 'You are both aware Aes Sedai are not immortal. We can fall to an arrow or dagger if done in the night. However, be vigilant for the light, a candle can be snuffed out in a single breath, so to can an unwary soul facing the shadow."'

Artorias stares openly at Chloro Sedai for a moment, wrestling with himself on uttering one of the most recently raised Dreadlords he has had to face that came from the Ajahs. Instead, he slowly shakes his head and returns to his quiet vigil. It would seem of that training actually took root.

Elmitsu hangs on to Chloro's words, though she spares a sidelong glance for Artorias.

Chloro watches Artorias struggle and gives him a look of sympathy. "The implications of my sisters realizing what could be real, would be disastrous, let alone the general public learning of it. So, unless you have undeniable proof against a specific sister, it is best to leave those words unspoken."

Chloro says 'Now back to a more pleasant subject.'

Artorias nods in Chloro's direction.

Elmitsu offers, half as a question, "The Dreadlord Lisennet studied at the Tower, but she never claimed the shawl of an Aes Sedai."

Elmitsu's inflection pitches upward at the end to indicate she's not certain of her claim.

Chloro says 'The Gray Ajah can be considered a jack of all Ajahs. We must be capable of stepping into any role should a sister fall, or it be needed in the field while traveling. '

Chloro looks to Elmitsu and raises the same hand "What is done, is done in that person’s case, I will not give it breath to discuss it."

Elmitsu receives Chloro's directive toward silence as she straightens some in the austere chair, she's chosen for herself.

Chloro says 'As a Gray Sister, I have stood with my sisters in all areas. We do not have the time to deal with specific causes like the blue, we must think about the big picture and long term. We must view the world as a giant web seeing the interconnecting strands and pulling on them when needed.'

Elmitsu says 'That seems like an important job, Aes Sedai. Do most leaders of the world have a Gray Sister advising them?'

Chloro says 'No, actually it is spread evenly among the Ajahs. However, in matters of state, of nations, it is the Gray Ajah that is called to lead the tower in it.'

Elmitsu leans forward some in her chair, "How do you deal with competing priorities when you are negotiating? Or how do you handle people without sense who won't see reason? I imagine I would get very frustrated."

Chloro says 'Not all negotiations end in a mutual agreement. However, without speaking to the other party, you are not able to understand where they are coming from and what is more important to them.'

Elmitsu nods thoughtfully. She stops herself from fidgeting with her ribbon, clamping her hands in her lap.

Chloro says 'Do either of you have questions on the Gray Ajah?'

Elmitsu says 'What characteristics make an ideal Gray, to your mind, Chloro Sedai?'

Chloro thinks over the question smoothing her blue silk skirt before answering. "The life of the one for the benefit of the many. Gray sisters seldom receive the recognition they deserve, they are driven not by praise but by duty. To the light and to the Tower. We make it so our sisters can travel more freely, and we make it possible for the Tower to sustain its tithes/donations from the nations to keep running."

Chloro says 'It is a quality the Blue Ajah shares with us, and the reason why both the Blue and Gray produced the greatest number of Amyrlins.'

Elmitsu smiles softly, "Then maybe I am on the right track after all."

Artorias grins evilly.

Artorias says 'I think someone has her sights on being Amyrlin.'

Chloro says 'Only time, and the wheel can know that, but I do share your opinion Accepted.'

Chloro says 'Now the youngling has been to quiet. Tell me Artorias, what type of Aes Sedai do you hope to bond?'

Artorias says 'Preferably a Green.'

Artorias says 'I grew up on the fringes of the Blight. I am no stranger to danger or the Shadow.'

Elmitsu studies Artorias as if he were a map leading her somewhere.

Chloro slightly rolls her eyes at the obvious answer. "My Green sisters do tend to hog the Gaidin. However, battle sisters exist in every Ajah."

Artorias says 'My experiences since coming to the Tower have been very limiting in who is a "battle sister" as you put it.'

Artorias says 'Most have had me just come along for protection rooting out thieves and bandits and the like.'

Chloro says 'Everesta Sedai, has turned the tide more than once. Eldrenia Sedai practically lives in the north. Neither claim the shawl of a green.'

Artorias says 'Tho Eldrenia Sedai as a Yellow has shown her fair share of bloodlust at times.'

Artorias nods at Chloro Sedai.

Ixeon chats 'what is a disc of moonstone.'

Artorias says 'In truth, I have only seen a handful of Sisters. '

Artorias says 'Not at all the overabundance I was led to believe would be vying for my services. '

Artorias gives a impish grin at that last thought.

Elmitsu watches the exchange between Artorias and Chloro with benign interest pursing her lips.

Chloro says 'Either way, for both of you, bonding will not be happening today, or tomorrow. Both of you should stay in touch and discuss your progress. Elmitsu that is one reason Sedai take on warders. They are a link to the outside world. The tower can seem its own at times.'

Artorias nods at Chloro saying the Tower can seem its own at times. He has seen how it is almost its own little world since coming here.

Chloro says 'For now, I release you both back to your schedules. Thank you for this illuminating chat.'

Elmitsu rises at the evident dismissal, inclining her knees in a curtsey, "Thank you for your time, Aes Sedai. The Light keeps both of you safe."

Chloro says 'Elmitsu, keep in mind, I will be watching a bit more closely now.'

Artorias says 'Thank you for including me in this chat and showing me a different side of training here in the Tower.'

Elmitsu's cheeks color at the Aes Sedai's words, "Yes, Chloro Sedai. I will endeavor not to disappoint you."

Elmitsu opens the thickdoor.

Artorias says 'First in Last out, Ladies'

Artorias gives an impish grin. How adorable.

Elmitsu curtsies once more before scurrying from the apartment.

Lys

Re: A Youngling, Accepted, and Aes Sedai

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:44 pm

awarded 3 qps

Sarinda

Re: A Youngling, Accepted, and Aes Sedai

Post by Sarinda » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:16 am

I reviewed this log at Elysia's request, and I recommend the following:

Total:
Chloro: 0 QPs (I would assign 2 QPs, but she asked me not to award her)
Elmitsu: 2 RPQPs
Artorias: 2 RPQPs

This was a really neat log, and I enjoyed seeing a Gaidin student (who might've been an applicant at the time of this log, I can't remember) participate so interactively throughout this scene and with neat custom emotes and conversation involvement. It was a neat balance to many of the more common logs we see on these forums.

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.