Blocked, Part Eight: A Sip of Clear Liquid

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Amarea

Blocked, Part Eight: A Sip of Clear Liquid

Post by Amarea » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:53 pm

Summary:
Amarea is interrupted by monotonous dishwashing duties by a summons to the Brown Ajah study from Aelrena Sedai. Aelrena leads the novice into a clearing in the woods northeast of the White Tower, where the Brown Sitter has prepared several buckets to test a theory about Amarea's block. Not to be outdone by Catisune, Aelrena commands Amarea to dump her bucket of water upon herself, and then pushes her to practice channeling under unpleasant circumstances. When Amarea stops for a drink, she makes a startling discovery that will alter the course of her life forever.

POV: Amarea
Main characters: Amarea, Aelrena

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Wooded Ridge
Running from the west and the east, the sparsely-wooded ridge looks down
over the valley to the south. Paperbark trees cling grimly to the thin
soil, the web of their roots binding the earth to the rocky ground. The air
is alive with the scent of resin, the smell of the pungent sap rising from
the valley floor on thermals that spiral from the dense forest below.
[ obvious exits: E W ]
Zone: Northeast Shores of Tar Valon
Aelrena Solyan is standing here.

Aelrena glides into the sparsely-wooded area, where several buckets have been set upon the ground.

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Amarea blinks her eyes innocently.

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Amarea sets down her own ever present bucket, filled to the brim with water, along with the cups of tea. 'Aes Sedai?' she asks curiously, 'what is this about?'

Amarea drops a cup of honeyed tea.
Amarea drops a cup of strong black tea.
Amarea drops a wooden bucket.

Aelrena says 'All will be revealed in due time.'

Amarea frowns skeptically, but nods with a small shrug.

Aelrena says 'I'd like you to dump your bucket of water on yourself, dear.'

Amarea groans loudly.

Amarea asks petulantly, 'Did Catisune Sedai put you up to this?'

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Aelrena says 'Is it becoming of a novice to ask questions when an Sedai gives a command?'

Amarea blushes furiously.

Amarea curtseys before Aelrena.

Amarea says 'N-no, Aes Sedai, it isn't.'

Amarea gets a wooden bucket.

Amarea sighs.

Aelrena moves to grab one of the buckets upon the ground, idly dipping her hand into the clear liquid, cupping it to take a sip as she watches the novice.

Amarea grits her teeth and sighs as she pauses for a moment, staring at the bucket. Then, with a half-hidden roll of her eyes and a squeal, she upends the bucket on herself.

Amarea empties a wooden bucket.

Amarea drops a wooden bucket.

Amarea looks like a drowned rat. Again.

Amarea wraps her arms around herself, shivering. 'At least it's summer,' she mutters.

Aelrena says 'Apologies, I found myself a touch thirsty when I asked you to do so. Drinking water is ever so important for you to continue being healthy.'

Aelrena says 'Now, I want you to put the bucket over your head.'

Amarea opens her mouth with another sour look on her face, pauses after taking a breath, and quietly harumphs as she unceremoniously places the bucket over her head. She stands there and asks in a now muffled voice, 'Can I please dry off now, Aes Sedai?'

Aelrena says 'No.'

Amarea senses Aelrena connecting to the True Source.

Aelrena quietly glides behind the girl, "Can you sense me, Amarea?"

Amarea grows quiet at the question. 'One second,' she replies, hands outreached as she moves a little closer towards where she remembers the other bucket being near the Brown sister. When her hand reaches it, the Source glows around Amarea, and she nods. 'Alright, there we go. I just had to be sure I was still within a few paces of it. It's like with Catisune Sedai. Unless I know it's still there, it won't work.'

Aelrena says 'Good, good. Channel something for me.'

Amarea feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body.

Aelrena says 'Fire maybe? Set several balls of light about the ridge.'

Aelrena says 'I'd like to see how many you can manage now, after your practice with Sheriam Sedai.'

Aelrena hums quietly under her breath.

Amarea is already forming different flows before the suggestion of balls of light is mentioned. She deftly threads Earth, Air, and Spirit, which extend from her hand and pass out in the air towards the Aes Sedai, like a serpent testing the air with its tongue.

channel 'locate object' shawl
Amarea begins to weave the appropriate flows...
-=+**+=- -=+*

a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [sdeliqdabnguqul] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [ilekaedabnulngu] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [sdewujopapidzfe] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [pidkaenseilenal] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [sdehrtdabliqpid] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [ilekaequlrsaqul] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [nulkaensevxzrxe] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [pidkaeopahrtpid] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [sdekaequlmeyard] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [ilewujqulnyaast] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [sdehrtqulnaljov] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [ilehrtdabolpast] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [pidliqqulnalnul] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [nulkaequlplibea] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [ilekaeopaastkae] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [sdewujnsemeypid] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [meynyadabuavpli] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [dsangunselijpli] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [meybeadabuavoae] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [rxenyadablijkne] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [rxenyaopaastkae] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [mvuqrynsevxzkae] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [mvuqrynsevxzhrt] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [meyqrynseastngu] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop - [meyngunseulizfe] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.

Amarea says 'Oh, sorry, I just find that weave for locating things on my mind. I can make some balls of light next.'

Aelrena says 'Push yourself to hold as many as you can manage, keeping your limits with Saidar in mind.'

Amarea nods, the bucket tipping as it still rests on her head. She channels again, very thin flows of Fire and Air, forming a ball of pale light. It's a weak thing, but it provides enough light to add a glow around the novice.

Amarea quietly hums to herself as she carefully and dutifully splits the flows as she has been taught. 'Beggin' your pardon, Aes Sedai, but it's harder for me with Fire. Chloro Sedai thinks it's my block, but Sheriam Sedai thinks I just might be particularly weak in the element.'

Aelrena watches the dripping wet novice, a miniscule smile upon her lips as the girl channels.

Amarea creates a second ball of light, both of them wavering a little.

Aelrena nods at Amarea.

Aelrena says 'I understand, I myself am not very strong with fire.'

Aelrena says 'It rather is my weakest element.'

Amarea says 'I think I can...'

Amarea tries one more time to split the flows yet again. This time, as she starts to form the flows of Fire, the thread falls away, and the other balls of light flicker and fade.

Aelrena says 'It's okay girl, go ahead and take a drink.'

Aelrena gives Amarea a bucket of clear liquid.

Amarea awkwardly lifts her bucket up over her head, giving a questioning look at the Brown sister as if to make sure she is in fact allowed to lift the bucket on her head to do this. Amarea then leans down, cups her hand, and sips from the bucket.

Amarea yelps in shock and spits out the liquid in a spraying mist, the bucket on her head falling all the way off as Amarea stumbles back. 'Blood and ashes, what is wrong with that water?'

Amarea blushes a deep crimson and adds sheepishly, 'Aes Sedai?'

Aelrena says 'It's not water.'

Amarea freezes.

Amarea frowns.

Aelrena says 'Would you like to try one of the other buckets?'

Aelrena says 'Perhaps I made a mistake when I had the servants bring these buckets out here.'

Amarea blinks in confusion, seemingly obvlivious to the glow of saidar still shining around her.

Amarea frowns as she stands, moving around to the other buckets. To each one, she dips a finger in, then lifts it out, sniffs it, and tests it.

Amarea says 'Aelrena Sedai, I don't understand. What is this?'

Aelrena watches the girl with a satisfied smile, the expression overcoming her normally tranquil features.

Aelrena says 'It's some of the alcohol that the guards like to drink in one of the inns, it is rather foul, really.'

Amarea says 'You...you said there was water in the bucket when you drank it.'

Amarea backs up a step reflexively.

Aelrena says 'Did I, Amarea?'

Amarea frowns.

Aelrena says 'I said it's important to drink water for your health, and that I was thirsty.'

Amarea's eyes widen as realization begins to dawn on her. 'There...there isn't any water in this clearing?'

Aelrena says 'There is not.'

Amarea says 'And I can...?'

Aelrena says 'Minus what I made you wear, I suppose.'

Aelrena says 'You can.'

channel 'locate object' dagger
You begin to weave the appropriate flows...
-=+**+=- -=+*

a shiny copper dagger - [dsaknefmuopaard] - somewhere far south of here, carried by a human.
a sharp, red stone dagger - [meyardbokdabfmu] - somewhere far south of here, carried by a human.
a jeweled dagger - [mvuopanulqryfmu] - somewhere extremely far southwest of here, carried by a human.
a sharp, red stone dagger - [dsasdeknedsabok] - somewhere far southwest of here, carried by a trolloc.
a dagger - [mvuuavolpolpolp] - somewhere far south of here, carried by a none.
a dagger - [fmujovastnseuli] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [rtithgrxebeabea] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a shiny copper dagger - [meynulqulbokvxz] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a shiny copper dagger - [mvusdequlfmujov] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [dsajovsdefmunya] - somewhere very far north of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [olpcedrxengungu] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a sharp, red stone dagger - [meynyaardardlij] - somewhere northwest of here, carried by a trolloc.
a dagger - [sdehrtopajovuav] - somewhere around here, carried by a human.
a curved clear dagger - [mvuiledabardvxz] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [meyuavrtikneast] - somewhere far south of here, carried by a human.
a curved clear dagger - [rxefmuhrtnyalij] - somewhere very far southwest of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [dsapidnsebokuli] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [rxevxzsdebokopa] - somewhere very far north of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [mvusdeulinulrti] - somewhere far north of here, carried by a human.
a jeweled dagger - [rxepidqulbokuli] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a sharp, red stone dagger - [mvuileopaarduli] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a shiny copper dagger - [dsapidopaknejov] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a shiny copper dagger - [mvuileopabokvxz] - somewhere far west of here, carried by a human.
a dagger - [dsauavpliolplij] - somewhere far south of here, carried by a none.
an ebony shortblade - [mvuuavoaemvuuli] - somewhere far south of here, carried by a human.

Amarea giggles in spite of herself, clapping a hand over her mouth.

Aelrena says 'And you now have an officially broken block.'

Aelrena walks by the girl, patting her gently upon the shoulder as she does so.

Amarea gives out an undignified whoop of joy, and crashes into Aelrena in a hug, eyes immediately watering. 'Oh, thank you, Aelrena Sedai, thank you.'

Aelrena hugs the girl back gently.

Amarea slumps to the ground, crying, although she still wears a broad smile on her face. 'Oh, Light, I can't believe it's over.'

Aelrena says 'You are welcome, girl. I returned to the Tower solely to help you break your block, I'll be back out before the day is over.'

Aelrena says 'But when the idea occurred to me, well, I thought it was at least worth a shot.'

Amarea pulls out a handkerchief from a pocket and tries to make herself look more presentable by quietly blowing her nose. As she does, she stands up and pats at her dress, smoothing the wrinkles in it. Amarea frowns and asks, 'What do you mean, Aelrena Sedai?'

Amarea says 'About leaving, I mean.'

Aelrena says 'Just that I have business in Andor, nothing you should be concerned about.'

Amarea says 'Oh, alright. I see.'

Amarea says 'Oh, Aes Sedai, I have something for you.'

Amarea pulls out a leather book from her bag, which she had set down before dumping the bucket on herself, and reverently hands it back to Aelrena.

Amarea stops using a tooled leather book.

Amarea gives a tooled leather book to Aelrena.

Amarea says 'You said to give this back to you in the exact same condition in which I received it.'

Aelrena says 'Good, good. I'll see this is returned to the study.'

Aelrena puts a tooled leather book in a small shoulderslung bag.

Amarea smiles proudly as she says, 'I don't think I will be needing this book on blocks anytime soon.'

Aelrena says 'Likely not.'

Amarea feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body.

Amarea channels several threads of Water, licking away the moisture from her hair and dress, drying herself in moments.

Aelrena says 'Do you have any questions for me before you return these buckets to the tavern south of the square?'

Amarea remains embracing the Source for a minute longer than she really needs to, savoring the experience, before the glow vanishes from around her.

Amarea says 'I have many questions, Aes Sedai, more than we have time for. But I know you have business to attend to. Perhaps we can meet another time soon, and I can begin my studies in earnest on topics other than my block. I feel there's so much I could learn from you, and the other Aes Sedai.'

Aelrena says 'Soon, surely.'

Aelrena says 'When I return to the Tower we can take up more lessons.'

Aelrena says 'Now, see these buckets returned to the Trelmaking Splice girl. By hand.'

Amarea says 'The Light favor you, Aelrena Sedai. I thank you kindly.'

Aelrena says 'No use of the Power.'

Amarea grins playfully.

Amarea nods in agreement.

Amarea says 'Gladly, Aes Sedai.'

Amarea curtseys before Aelrena.

Amarea gets a wooden bucket.

Aelrena leaves west. <<

Lys

Re: Blocked, Part Eight: A Sip of Clear Liquid

Post by Lys » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:48 pm

awarded 3qps (2+1 for serial)