Knowing the Price of What Comes Next

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Knowing the Price of What Comes Next

Post by Chloro » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:57 pm

Chloro Sedai interviews Fledling Amarea for wearied and lets the harsh truth be know, while the novice advances now, the block must be broken before she can be considered for the arches.

View of: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Amarea

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro pulls a white leather folder off a large stack and opens it reviewing the pages within.

Chloro says 'Annoura, summon Amarea please.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send a pigeon to her at once, Chloro.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Amarea has arrived from the east.

Amarea curtseys before you.

Amarea closes the carveddoor.

Amarea hurries into the room, the smell of freshly baked bread wafting in along with her.

Amarea says 'Hello, Chloro Sedai. Beggin' your pardon for needing a few minutes, this bread was just finishing in the oven.'

Chloro looks up from her spot at the large round table, "Ah good, pigeons can be such temperamental birds."

Amarea says 'He seemed an awfully smart bird for finding me in the woods, with the same white dress that all the novices wear!'

Amarea says 'Let's see...I have mint and cloudberry tea, or the strong black kind?'

Amarea says 'I also have some stew or some kippered eel, if you're hungry.'

Chloro says 'Thank you child but I do not require refreshment.'

Amarea nods in agreement.

Amarea says 'Oh, there was one other thing.'

Amarea frowns.

Chloro says 'You are summoned here today as you seek advancement within the White tower.'

Amarea blushes furiously.

Chloro raises an eyebrow. "What other thing?"

Amarea says 'Beggin' your pardon, Aes Sedai. But I was in the warders' practice yard meeting up with Trajega, and I was going to put some food in the rack for the warders -- they work up an appetite somethin' fierce -- and I saw this odd necklace. It has the most fascinating fire sapphires on it. And the item seemed to...I don't know, resonate with me?'

Amarea hands over the necklace with a curious expression.

Amarea says 'I've never seen anything like it before, so I'm not sure why it caught my attention. But I thought you might know.'

Chloro takes the necklace holding it in her hands, gray eyes seeming there and not there as she studies it. "Why indeed this does resonate, Verin Sedai will wish to study this, I am sure."

Amarea's eyes light up with curiosity.

Chloro says 'For now we will see to your original request.'

Chloro places the necklace gently on the table to her left. "Please state who the current Amyrlin seat is."

Amarea sets the tray of food off to the side and turns to face you with her hands resting at her sides.

Amarea pauses for a moment and then recites, 'That would be Siuan Sanche, Chloro Sedai. Although I haven't ever met her, I remember you mentioning her to me before I came here. A fisherman's daughter. Humble beginnings, you said.'

Chloro says 'Indeed I did, who is the current mistress of novices?'

Amarea smiles, 'Why, Sheriam Sedai. She's awfully kind.'

Chloro says 'Does Sheriam Sedai have a particular talent that may assist in battle?'

Amarea tilts her head curiously. 'Do you mean, like, a skill she's good at or thing she can do? Or like a Talent with the One Power?'

Chloro says 'one or both.'

Amarea frowns, clearly scanning her mind for something. 'I'm sorry, Aes Sedai, she hasn't mentioned anything about a specific Talent with the Power in our lessons. She has a loud voice when she needs to, so I suspect she could call for aid quickly if she were in danger.'

Chloro nods and considers the novice’s answer. "She does command when she speaks, however Sheriam Sedai is pleased with the talent of fast weaving. Should someone attack one of her chargers or another sister in her presence, she will channel faster than most Sedai in their aide."

Amarea's eyes light up with curiosity.

Amarea says 'Oh, that is very fascinating. I had never heard that before.'

Chloro says 'As you grow here, more things will become known to you.'

Amarea nods thoughtfully.

Chloro says 'Tell me one area you may run besides the well and Sheriam Sedai for protection.'

Amarea says 'Probably by Coulin Gaidin. There is a group of warder students under his eye, and I suspect they would leap to protect me if I were in trouble. It also has multiple exits for a quick escape, if I had to run.'

Chloro says 'Very good.'

Amarea beams a broad smile from ear to ear.

Chloro says 'Please recite the third oath.'

Amarea recites, 'Not to use the One Power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the last defense of my life, the life of my Warder, or that of another Sister.'

Chloro says 'Which of the three oaths do you think is hardest to live by?'

Amarea says 'If I had to base it on my life so far, I would probably say the First Oath, Aes Sedai.'

Chloro says 'Why?'

Amarea says 'I don't know how to use the One Power to create a weapon. In fact, from some of the books I've read that were recommended by Saerin Sedai on the Age of Legends, I don't think anyone really knows how to do that anymore. So not the Second Oath.'

Amarea says 'And until recently, I didn't know how to use the One Power as a weapon, and even if I did, with my block it's not always something I can rely on right now.'

Amarea grins ruefully, 'But I have six younger brothers and sisters, and I'm sure I've told my fair share of little white lies to them, or to cover for them to ma or da.'

Amarea says 'So I think not being able to speak a single word that's not true, that will take some time to think about how I would imply something untrue if I really needed to.'

Chloro considers the answer and nods. "This is a reason that has not been given before, well done Novice."

Amarea blushes furiously.

Chloro says 'Now let me be plain with you.'

Amarea nods, adopting a serious look of concentration on her face.

Chloro looks to the novice exotic gray eyes weighing and measuring the girl as her own flame red hair rests on her shoulders. "I approve of your advancement today, however, to become Accepted the block must be broken. Do I make myself clear?"

Amarea begins to smile, then wilts a little bit. 'I've been trying really hard,' she replies quietly. 'Aelrena Sedai, and Aleera, both helped me understand my block so I can start to think about it another way. Alison Sedai tried her best, as have some novices. I promise I won't stop trying to break it.'

Chloro says 'I will continue to assist in this as well, this is not to be harsh child, however you must know that is required.'

Amarea nods in understanding. 'Yes, Aes Sedai.'

Chloro says 'Sister let us recognise Novice Amarea.'

Annoura Larisen says 'It is done.'

Amarea says 'Oh, thank you Chloro Sedai! I really do appreciate it.'

Amarea wipes away a small tear, then looks at it as if surprised to see it there. 'I've been working so hard, it just feels good to know that I'm doing the right things so far.'

Amarea stands proudly, a little taller than when she first walked in the room.

Chloro looks to the novice smiling warmly as her voice takes on a comforting tone. "You will feel that more as you progress. Your reason for being here and passion to go on must outweigh it."

Amarea nods thoughtfully.

Chloro says 'For now Wearied Novice, you are dismissed.'

Amarea says 'Aes Sedai, before I go, do you have any advice on what I should be working on besides the block?'

Chloro says 'Everything and Anything.'

Chloro says 'You are in a bastion of knowledge child, no subject turned away.'

Amarea says 'I will make sure I work on asking more questions, then, to take advantage of it.'

Chloro says 'On your way with you then child.'

Amarea curtseys before you.

Amarea says 'Good night, Aes Sedai.'

Amarea leaves east. >>

Evaine

Re: Knowing the Price of What Comes Next

Post by Evaine » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:59 pm

Chloro: 1 qp
Amarea: 1 qp

Please retrieve your offline reward.