Everybody Hates Elmitsu II

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Elmitsu

Everybody Hates Elmitsu II

Post by Elmitsu » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:36 am

Summary: Everybody still hates Elmitsu. After this (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=18397) happened, this happened.

Main characters: Elmitsu, Aelrena

Elmitsu has arrived from the south.

Aelrena gestures at the door with her hand.

Elmitsu peeks her head in, offering a precise curtsey upon crossing the door's threshold.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Elmitsu says 'Forgive me for not knocking, Aes Sedai, but the door was open.'

Elmitsu smiles sweetly.

Aelrena swoops across the room, her expression dark as she looks to the Accepted.

Aelrena says 'Child, allow me to make myself entirely clear.'

Elmitsu wilts a little at the stern tone Aelrena has adopted.

Aelrena says 'Accepted are to know when to hold their tongues.'

Aelrena says 'I thought this was a lesson you had learned, but it seems that I was mistaken.'

Aelrena says 'I am sorely disappointed in you.'

Aelrena says 'I understand that you went through a difficult revelation in the Blue Wing, and I am NOT unsympathetic.'

Elmitsu steels whatever courage she has to the sticking place, "I'm sorry, Aes Sedai. I do not find dead bodies in the White Tower every day."

Aelrena sniffs loudly.

Aelrena says 'Girl, this is one of the times to be quiet.'

Aelrena 's last word resounds through the study.

Elmitsu's mouth is half open with whatever utterance the Aes Sedai interrupted.

Aelrena says 'I have half a mind to see you to Sheriam's Study myself and see that you're paid recompense for the next few weeks.'

Elmitsu does not speak, but instead slowly closes her mouth until it clacks shut. She continues to stand still as the Brown Sister berates her.

Aelrena says 'However, I do not feel that would be appropriate, nor do I feel it would be the most effective way to deal with you.'

Elmitsu clasps her hands before her to still them from twitching at her sides.

Aelrena says 'Elmitsu, to be Aes Sedai is to be a servant of all. Do you understand what that means?'

Elmitsu considers, "Sometimes."

Aelrena continues without pausing, "It means you know when speaking of events in front of two FRESH novices can possibly cause a panic."

Aelrena says 'In our last discussion, you showed some small amount of tact and grace.'

Elmitsu defends herself, "I was rattled, Aes Sedai. Sometimes . . . when I am surprised . . . it's hard not to feel like I did when I was younger."

Aelrena says 'I would have expected that you understand that, even with your propensity for drama.'

Elmitsu looks around before offering this slyly, "Well, a -little- drama can be fun, Aes Sedai."

Aelrena says 'Rattled or not, you need to learn to control your responses.'

Aelrena's tone is flat as she responds, "Child, now is not the time for your attempts at being conspiratorial. Now is the time for you to understand what I am telling you."

Elmitsu crosses her thin arms beneath her breasts. She says dutifully, "Yes, Aes Sedai."

Aelrena says 'Now.'

Aelrena says 'I will be speaking to Sheriam about this. In the mean time...'

Aelrena pauses, something flickering briefly across her face before her lip's twitch upward.

Elmitsu says 'I thought you said you didn't think that was appropriate in this circumstance, Aes Sedai?'

Elmitsu seems concerned, "And you're not supposed to lie."

Aelrena says 'What did I say, EXACTLY, Elmitsu?'

Aelrena says 'Words are important, and how we use them more so.'

Elmitsu scrunches up her face as she tries to remember, "You said you have half a mind to see me to Sheriam's study yourself and see I'm paid recompense for the next few weeks."

Aelrena says 'Correct.'

Aelrena says 'And then?'

Elmitsu recites, "That you did not feel it would be appropriate, nor did you feel it would be the most effective way to deal with me."

Aelrena says 'Correct. And the last thing I said which caused concern?'

Elmitsu seems confused, "And then you asked me if I understood what it meant to be a Servant of All."

Aelrena stares at the sky.

Aelrena says 'Light preserve me.'

Aelrena says 'I was referring to telling you I would speak to Sheriam.'

Aelrena says 'I do not intend to see you pay a penance in flesh.'

Elmitsu smiles sweetly, "But that was only half your mind, Aes Sedai. I assume the other half views me more favorably."

Aelrena 's tone is flat one more, "It does not."

Elmitsu offers with her chin jutted out, not defiantly, "That is concerning for me, Aes Sedai, because you cannot lie."

Aelrena says 'Correct. I cannot lie. '

Elmitsu says 'I am trying to act like I have already sworn the oaths. It's hard sometimes.'

Aelrena says 'Elmitsu, for the next month you'll be working with the clerks during your time between classes. You'll be practicing your penmanship, and your appreciation for quiet.'

Aelrena gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Aelrena says 'You are dismissed. '

Elmitsu appears on the verge of offering a rejoinder before thinking better of it.

Elmitsu creeps toward the door after offering a curtsey, this one far wobblier than the one she offered upon entry.

Aelrena pauses as she turns back toward the back of the study, "And Elmitsu, I reiterate that I am very deeply disappointed in you."

Elmitsu wilts even more at this last dagger. She nearly trips on herself in her haste to make egress.

Elmitsu says, barely audible, "I am s-s-s-sorry, Aes Sedai."

Elmitsu leaves south. vv

The carveddoor closes quietly.

Nevirha

Re: Everybody Hates Elmitsu II

Post by Nevirha » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:32 pm

Awarded Elmitsu 1 rpqp.
Awarded Aelrena 2 rp kudos.

Enjoyed the log!