Square Pegs and Circles

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
nori

Square Pegs and Circles

Post by nori » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:26 pm

Summary: Accepted Isela visits with Kitiara Sedai of the Blue Ajah to discuss the contrasting differences and similarities of the Blue and Red Ajah to gain more perspective on her decision to pursue the Reds.

POV: Nori
Characters: Kitiara Sedai, Nori

RP-lizer and light editing
-------------------------------

Conservatory of the Blue Ajah
During daytime, bright light floods in from tall, arched windows set in the
eastern wall, which offer a view of the many spires of Tar Valon as well as
the eastern bank of the Erinin. On clear days, the peaks of the Dragonwall
can be seen, far away to the east. Bookshelves, tables, maps and charts are
all present as the Blue sisters prepare for whatever tasks currently occupy
them or as they plan business away from the Tower. On one wall hang two
large portraits of Ciel Sedai and Adaire Sedai, with white ribbons of
mourning tied into the latticework of the frames.

A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Lady Kitiara is sitting here on a stout oaken chair, going through papers.
A young Tower Guard is on duty here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Blue Sister is here, planning her next journey.
Anaiya Sedai of the Blue Ajah stands here.

Nori curtseys before Kitiara

Nori curtseys before the others present.

Kitiara makes a small annoyed sound without looking up.

Nori says 'good afternoon, Kitiara Sedai. Thank you for finding a moment of time for me.'

Kitiara gestures with her hand.

The door swings silently and shuts with a click.

Nori says 'may I be seated?'

Nori eyes a particularly comfortable looking chair of fine embroidery and mahogany.

Kitiara says while continuing to go through papers, 'I would have thought an Accepted would know to
close a door after she walks through it.'

Nori says 'oh, excuse me Aes Sedai. I did not want to intrude, I can close those doors for you.'

Nori ensures the large ornate doors are closed for the session.

Kitiara says 'too late now child, what can I do for you.' She finally looks up from her papers and
settles into her cushioned chair.

Kitiara looks at Nori.

Nori says 'I have met with Sarinda Sedai recently in efforts to find apprenticeship amongst the Red
Ajah.'

Nori says 'she has encouraged me to seek out other Ajah's I have shown a strong interest in and to
gather a better understanding of what it means to be a Blue Ajah in contrast to the life of a Red
Ajah sister.'

Kitiara tilts her head curiously.

Nori says 'I was hoping, time permitting, that you could tell me some of the major differences I might
encounter on this path.'

Kitiara says 'Perusing the Red as opposed to the Blue? Well you are likely going to have a lot less
fun. But I imagine you want something a bit more useful yes?'

Kitiara says 'What do you think the major differences may be?'

Nori says 'well, I suppose I'll start where I think there might be similarities among the two
sororities of Ajah and then work outwards.'

Kitiara motions for the Accepted to begin.

Nori says 'The Blues are known for their application of justice, and in some ways I feel as if being a
Red Ajah will allow me to work hand in hand in the capture of male channelers, aiding in delivering
justice.'

Kitiara says 'A generic interpretation but fair to an extent, continue.'

Nori says 'whether it be in the form of simply apprehending those males that can channel, or perhaps
dealing out more "pointed" justice depending on the scenario.'

Nori says 'as far as differences, I feel as if the Red's will have to rely on diplomacy in some
regards whether it be hunting rights in certain lands, lets say to apprehend known male channelers
in certain cohorts such as the Dragonsworn.'

Nori says 'perhaps the groundwork can be laid by the Blue Ajah which would aid a Red Ajah in
apprehending such an offender.'

Nori says 'treaties, hunting rights, and the ability to pursue those offenders wherever they may hide
from the grip of the White Tower.'

Kitiara says 'Oh? You believe the Reds to wait for rights before tracking down Male Channelers?'

Nori says 'To be fair, I do not know much about the current treaties surrounding certain offenders
such as Dragonsworn that might also channel.'

Nori says 'males that is.'

Kitiara says 'In fact, I may be inclined to argue that neither the Red nor the Blue are ones to wait
around for legal permission before attempting to gentle untrained men destined to go mad. '

Nori says 'I personally support and agree with that decision making, despite whether or not other
countries see fit to dilly dally and dwell on whether or not we should serve out justice.'

Kitiara says 'Justice... and interesting reasoning for the attempt to capture and gentle a man... Is
it truly Justice? Has the man done anything wrong being gifted with Saidin? Is it the mans fault
that the hubris of the past has allowed the Taint to ruin his gift?

Kitiara watches Nori closely as she answers, Aes Sedai serenity masking any indication of a correct
or wrong answer.

Nori says 'I feel as if something must be done with them to keep the general population safe, but I do
empathize for them as often times it is a sickness and not a path they chose entirely on their own.'

Kitiara says 'Entirely? Do they choose the path at all?'

Kitiara says 'And I think most of the Tower agrees that something must be done, but would you
consider it Justice?'

Nori says 'if what the Tower deems is the best course of action is carried out, whether by a Red Ajah
member or other, I would deem that justice.'

Nori says 'I trust in the process here and the advisory of the Ajahs.'

Kitiara says 'The best course of action is not necessarily Justice. Justice would be punishing the
Dark One for tainting Saidin, Justice would be punishing those who enabled the taint to take hold in
the first place... but those channelers are dead, and the Dark One remains quite difficult to bring
to Justice without the Dragon being Reborn. '

Kitiara says 'What we do is akin to maiming or putting down a dog before it goes rabid, or after if
we are too late. '

Nori says 'then shall our actions be more concerned with protecting others, furthering the light, and
doing what we can with the resources available to us at the White Tower and abroad? Diplomatically,
charitably, and doing our best to do our best in a sense?'

Kitiara says 'Hardly justice, but I would consider it a necessary action. '

Kitiara says 'One may argue that is all the White Tower can do, its best with what it has.'

Kitiara says 'Nori, I sense something of darkness nearby.'

Kitiara clambers to her feet.

Kitiara beckons everyone to follow her.

Nori senses Kitiara connecting to the True Source.

Nori senses Kitiara is channeling saidar.

The room becomes brighter as Kitiara creates a ball of light above her hand.

Nori senses Kitiara is channeling saidar.

Kitiara says 'It has passed, momentarily.'

Kitiara says 'be prepared child.'

.. A group of trolloc raiders headed up by the lurk Rig disrupted our session. We would hunt together and ultimately kill two of the three, only the lurk to escape north, the two of us snapping at his heels as he went ..

Shortly after the fight had ended we chose to resume our conversation...

Kitiara says 'Take a seat child, I suppose you deserve it after all that.'

Nori says 'it's nice to put some of my studies to practical use.'

Kitiara smiles grimly.

Nori folds into an oaken chair at your request, sitting neatly.

Kitiara says 'You did quite well around Caemlyn.'

Nori says 'I spent some time there many moons ago, mostly looking for work.'

Nori says 'I rather enjoy the city.'

Kitiara stretches her legs a bit while saying, 'I had quite the run there, from Malkier Gate to the
northern orchard and back, I think they expected me to go through the dark wood

Nori says 'I needed to make up for my slow start, regardless. '

Kitiara says 'Ah well, the life of a channeler is long Accepted, slow starts tend to become
inconsequential.'

Nori says 'I heard. Part of me wanted to race towards you and refresh our horses in event your steed
became exhausted from the race.'

Kitiara says 'I am glad you did not, if you had tried to aid me at that time you likely would have
been caught yourself. '

Nori says 'I was torn, admittedly, but you prevailed.'

Nori says 'indeed, I agree. It can be tough to suppress such emotions at times but, I had faith you
would come out on top and I would stay put for better or worse.'

Kitiara says 'You mentioned the rules as we ran north. You should understand the rules are what they
are, and they may come with consequences, however we must all make choices as when to follow rules,
and when to do what must be done and deal with the consequences after.'

Nori says 'that's funny, how two women who have not spent a great deal of time together can still work
as cohesively as we did on that journey. Even debating whether or not to shirk the rules in effort
to potentially save another. I do feel guilty that I did not rush to your aid when things were
dangerous, but I agree it was best in hindsight that I stayed put.'

Nori says 'life is all about decisions, some heavier weighted than others.'

Kitiara says 'Which brings us nicely back into a previous point... there are times where you may
have to ignore rules in order to succeed as an Aes Sedai, particularly a Red if you make it there. '

Nori listens intently.

Kitiara says 'If you are chasing down a madman, or one soon to become mad, then laws and rules will
need to stand aside. Most in the world understand that Male Channelers fall under the Towers
Purview... so few will challenge you, but if they do, you need not necessarily stop.'

Kitiara sits up a bit straighter, weaving a bit of Air and Earth to remove the stains from the
previous fighting, depositing the filth in a nearby bucket.

Kitiara takes a deep breath, 'Now, we had talked quite a bit, perhaps you can get us back on track,
or if there is anything else you wish to discuss?'

Nori says 'well, the only thing left to cover I believe is how my life might differ as a Blue than as
a Red, Kitiara Sedai.'

Nori says 'I was hoping to hear your perspective on what it would be like in event you had walked a
different path as a Red as opposed to your life as a Blue. I am fairly confident I wish to become a
Red Ajah one day if I should be found fitting enough, but I did look closely at the Blues.'

Kitiara says 'Well, hopefully some of our discussion will shed some light on that. The determination
of justice, when to follow rules and when to ignore them. Doing what must be done when it must be
done. '

Kitiara tilts her head curiously.

Kitiara says 'If I had become a Red... That is quite difficult to imagine.'

Kitiara says 'Square pegs often do not fit into circle holes child. All my years with Gaidin Ominas
would have been impossible or course. '

Kitiara says 'If you find yourself unfit to be a Red I doubt the Blue would be your next choice, we
are fairly different in many ways. Though it would depend on why the Red was not correct for you.'

Nori nods intently at Kitiara Sedai.

Kitiara says 'Perhaps if you ask a more specific question?'

Kitiara says 'If not, perhaps next time'

Nori says 'what is life with a warder like?'

Nori says 'I promise, this will be my last question.'

Nori says 'I feel somewhat understanding as I have never been assigned a warder as an accepted, but I
assume it's much different to be bonded and bound to someone so closely.'

Nori says 'that is something I lack experience in, and may for some time.'

Kitiara says 'Quite lovely, thought stressful. You find your energy is a bit taxed, which makes
weaving a bit harder. Though in the thick of battle there is no one better to be by your side.'

Kitiara says 'It is hard to explain...'

Kitiara says 'When they fall, it is as if your heart is ripped from your chest... but worth it I
would say.'

Nori thinks about the range of emotions involved, trying to fathom a life with and without a warder by her side one day.

Nori says 'I think this has been enlightening on all fronts, Kitiara Sedai.'

Kitiara says 'You did quite well today, good conversation and you did well in the battle...'

Kitiara ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Nori says 'I aim to please and serve, thank you for putting trust in me in the heat of battle.'

Nori says 'thank you very much for spending some time with me today and allowing me to asks of these
things.'

Sarinda

Re: Square Pegs and Circles

Post by Sarinda » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:54 pm

Total:
Nori: 2 RPQPs
Kitiara: 2 QPs

This was a very dynamic conversation in my opinion. I like the way Kitiara pressed Nori on her beliefs and seeing the Accepted defend them. I appreciate the edits in the log to summarize the break and how that was incorporated into the latter half of the log. Thanks for sharing!

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.