Preparing a Wearied Novice

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Amilesa

Preparing a Wearied Novice

Post by Amilesa » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:56 am

Summary: As instructed by Chloro Sedai (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=18330), Amilesa catches Novice Yve at the end of her chores in the kitchen. Taking her to a more quiet place, she asks the Novices questions that would get her thinking about what it meeans to be Accepted, and her place in the Tower. She talks about what it means to be an Acceoted to her, and her understanding of the Blue Ajah.

Participants; Amilesa and Yve

The Kitchens
The smells of food fills this large, high ceilinged room, the scent of
meats mingling with those of fruits and vegetables. A long stone fireplace
with spits lies in the center of the eastern wall, the roasting spits being
turned by spit dogs running in their wicker baskets. Iron stoves and ovens
have been placed along other walls. Three large pairs of doors flank the
kitchen and a glimpse reveals they are large dining halls. Gray tiles cover
the floor and a large sink occupies a corner of the room.
[ obvious exits: E W ]
A giant sink sits here, filled with many dirty dishes.
Yve the Wearied Novice is standing here.
An Accepted stands here, ready to fulfill any Aes Sedai request.
Laras the Mistress of the Kitchens is here directing the kitchen workers.

Yve scrubs the dirty dishes in the sink.

Yve curtseys before Amilesa.

Amilesa greets Mistress Laras before addressing the Novice.

Amilesa says 'It is good to see you again, Novice Yve.'

Amilesa says 'Have you given further consideration to what Chloro Sedai instructed last night?'

Yve says 'Thank you, Accepted Amilesa, it's nice to see you too.'

Amilesa grabs a towel from a nearby rack and hands it to the Novice.

Yve says 'I have, I've been waiting for a chance to speak with you, your duties have kept you very busy today.'

Yve quickly dries her hands and removes her apron.

Amilesa's shoulders sag a little.

Yve starts following Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'It has been a very busy day, but that is a good thing.'

The Mistress of Novices' Study
This is a compact, dark-paneled room full of plain sturdy furnishings that
have been used by generations of women who have held this office. The desk
near the center of the room is plainly made and heavily worn through years
of use. A large mirror with flaking gilt hangs from one of the walls. Used
for switching disobedient initiates, as well as Aes Sedai who do penance, a
bench-like contraption that has a padded leather cushion to kneel on, as
well as a padded leather area to lean on. A selection of switches, ranging
from a slender willow switch to a slipper lie on a table nearby.
[ obvious exits: E ] [ E: woodendoor ]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Sheriam the Mistress of Novices studies you with a stern expression.
Yve has arrived from the east.

Yve curtseys before Sheriam the Mistress of Novices.
Amilesa curtsies to Sheriam Sedai before moving to a corner of the study.

Yve follows Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'Here, have a seat. Sheriam Sedai has offered her room to us.'

Yve says 'Thank you.'

Yve sits down.

Amilesa says 'I am instructed to guide you, towards your goal of becoming Accepted of the White Tower.'

Amilesa settles herself into the chair, but remains forward leaning.

Yve says 'Which is wonderful, honestly.'

Yve says 'I've been asked now by several Aes Sedai to speak to Accepteds on the subject as I should be thinking of donning a nicer dress.'

Amilesa says 'In that sense, you already know the basics. You know our history, the rules in the Handbook, your way around the White Tower.'

Amilesa emote: Amilesa nods slowly at the Novice.

Yve says 'I confess I still get a little lost at times. Mostly in the library... but yes, I feel I do.'
Amilesa narrows her eyes slightly.

Yve says 'It's all the repositories, and what goes in them.'

Amilesa says 'We all must learn the Tower Library. It may seem like it stretches onward, but each repository benefits our studies.'

Yve says 'I probably know the library better than many novices, if I'm honest.'

Amilesa says 'Whcih repository would you say you know the best?'

Yve says 'But it's easy to feel a little lost there, is probably more accurate.'

Yve says 'I've spent some time reading the nature based books... animals and plants. '

Amilesa's lips turn up in a small smile.

Yve says 'The ones I know the least are the last numbers, the restricted sections where I dart in and out as quickly as possible.'

Amilesa says 'I can imagine they are restricted for a reason.'

Yve says 'If I dawdle there I'll probably earn more time with the sink.'

Amilesa glances at Yve's still sodden hands but does not comment.

Yve says 'Some of the books there DO have interesting titles.'

Yve blushes.

Yve dries her hands awkwardly on her dress.

Amilesa says 'I have a wuation for you.'

Amilesa says 'What does being Accepted of the White Tower mean to you? What do you think you will have to have accomplished to become Accepted. What do you think you will have gained?'

Yve says 'It's funny, because I thought I knew the answer to this a fair while ago, but I think I was only partway there.'

Yve says 'I began to think of it as being almost as simple as the title sounds like it might be, just profoundly so.'

Amilesa says 'A sense of underlying worth.'

Yve says 'you are Accepted by the Tower as being good enough, and welcome, and Accept for yourself the extra duties and privelige that comes with it.'

Amilesa says 'What made you think there was something more to it?'

Yve says 'I think when I was asked to talk about which Ajahs I might favour if I were to make it that far.'

Amilesa motions for you to continue.

Yve says 'The answer is Blue still, for reasons I'm still not even 100% sure on.'

Amilesa says 'Surely more substantive than the dress you found while traveling?'

Yve says 'But in a time when I couldn't get time with an Accepted for reasons of clashing duties I resolved to think ahead to maybe how a Blue would approach the situation.'

Amilesa winks at the Novice playfully.

Yve says 'Indeed, but the dress just felt like the pattern tugging back at me.'

Yve says 'so, in my mind, I sought to listen and learn and think for myself what it all means.'

Yve says 'Then I suddenly reasiled a thing.'

Yve says 'I'd felt like I'd suddenly grown. Like realising you are actually a teenager or something.'

Yve says 'As novices of any age we're children in the eyes of the Tower.'

Amilesa lowers her head slightly, the necklaces on her neck slightly jingling.

Yve says 'As we grow and learn in the community we mature as people.'

Amilesa says 'What, then, did you learn?'

Yve says 'So it's like coming of age, again.'

Yve says 'Being a teen in the Tower, not a full adult with all the expectations placed upon them, but capable of teaching the young and minding the farm, mending the fences.'

Yve says 'Being a working part of a large family enterprise.'

Amilesa says 'It is important, as Accepted, to foster the growth of the Novices. But what else do you think you will be focusing on when Accepted>'

Yve says 'Growing up, finding the adult you can become to stick with the metaphor.'

Yve says 'Choosing an Ajah, completing studies, taking some of the burden of teaching.'

Amilesa says 'To become a teen in the Tower, as you say, you will need to face your fears. What does that mean to you>'

Yve says 'It seems both very simple and very complex, but I hope I'm on the right track.'

Yve says 'I'm still not keen on Whitecloaks... but there are probably inner demons that would rear their heads.'

Amilesa says 'That a specific fear, and one I can relate to.'

Amilesa says 'But why does one need to face their fears to move forward?'

Yve says 'I sometimes lack confidence unless I very much know my ground, and am often irreverent when I should not be.'

Yve says 'I think because like it or not, those fears may become a reality one day, so learn now how to deal with it, to better prepare yourself.'

Yve says 'A wisdom I knew once said nightmares were just our minds sorting through our fears and preparing us for them.'

Amilesa says 'I think that is correct. The decisions we will have to make should we wear the Shawl require that we are not burdened by emotion, our past, or our fears.'

Amilesa says 'I know the hour is growing late, but tell me, since you expressed interest and because you had a lesson with Accepted Coshe: What does the Blue Ajah do?'

Yve says 'I would argue a point on the relevance and need for emotion in decision making, but I understand.'

Amilesa says 'Would you?'

Yve says 'I have yet to have that lesson, but my understanding is this.'

Amilesa looks toward the Novice emotionlessly.

Yve says 'They have a slightly more vague set of directives than the others. I think a lot of their remit falls into the "other" category of things the Tower might be involved in.'

Yve says 'Where an envoy to a crown nation is speaking for the Amyrlin they may send a Blue sister and not a Grey as they would for a diplomatic matter.'

Amilesa listens to the Novice as she explains her point.

Yve says 'For knowing and finding of things obviously, this I suppose I should say.'

Amilesa says 'If you were a Blue Sister, what do you think you would be spending your time on?'

Yve says 'I imagine whatever tasks the sitters set me to.'

Amilesa blinks slowly.

Amilesa says 'So you think that the Blue Ajah Sisters get their causes by their Sitters?'

Yve says 'I wouldn't be surprised at anything from looking into the invaders in the south and their taking of women that can channel to speaking to a "friend" in the Caemlyn court about a thing that I'd find out when I got there.'

Yve nods at Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'I think we have come to the end of our time today. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me.'

Yve says 'I try not to assume too much about the inner runnings of the Ajahs... My observations is that Blue Sisters can be anywhere at any time for their own or the Tower's reasons I do not know.'

Yve says 'Thank you too, this has been very helpful.'

Yve curtseys before Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'I am sure you will have many opportunities to speak to and learn from Aes Sedai, and what they do in their daily tasks.'

Amilesa says 'Before I let you go for the night, do you have any questions for me?'

Yve says 'If you are tired then it's nothing that can't wait, but I am on an assignment from Alison Sedai to learn about blind and how others use it, what they know about it.'

Yve says 'I have a little time to complete this.'

Amilesa says 'I would be very happy to meet with you on that. Lest us try for tomorrow night, then?'

Yve says 'Sounds wonderful. Thank you, Accepted Amilesa.'

Yve smiles happily.

Amilesa says 'Tank you, Novice Yve.'

Callesa

Re: Preparing a Wearied Novice

Post by Callesa » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:35 am

Base: 2
Special length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: +1
Summary: +1

Total:
Amilesa: 5 RPQPs
Yve: 2 RPQPs

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.