Even That Can Poison You?

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Even That Can Poison You?

Post by Chloro » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:09 pm

Tower Accepted Coshe and Amilesa meet the newest Novice Maddy and discuss their chosen Ajahs to apprentice with along with the Gray ajah. Under the watchful eye of Chloro Sedai the girls get to learn the others motives and develope a bond. Joined later by Novice Yve, Coshe and Amilesa learn not only what can kill at court, but the first burden an Aes Sedai takes, training those who come after her.

Point of View: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Amilesa, Coshe, Maddy, Yve

Oval Lecture Hall
This oval lecture hall is large enough to seat a large congregation. Rows
of polished wooden benches rise up from the central floor, each row a
little higher than the previous one. A dais with an elaborately carved
chair sits before a pair of doors at the front of the hall. Wide scrollwork
runs beneath a gently domed ceiling painted with sky and white clouds.
[ obvious exits: S ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door south: doubledoors
Maddy the Fledgling Novice is standing here.
Amilesa the Tower Accepted is standing here.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
An Aes Sedai is here, tugging on her shawl.
A woman with an ageless face stands here.
The innkeeper bustles about, helping guests into rooms.

Maddy moves over shakily carrying he overabundant platter, spilling a bit as she slowly lowers it down to the bench

Maddy says 'Chloro Sedai can I interest you in anything in particular.'

Maddy says 'I think we may have got too much.'

Maddy beams a smile at Amilesa.

Chloro smiles warmly from the center of the lecture hall, the gray and blue hews of her elaborate gown seeming to pull at the white making her taller and more commanding in most vision. "Thank you Accepted, tea please, blueberry if Mistress Lara's was kind enough."

Someone knocks on the doubledoors from the other side.

Maddy gets a cup of mint and cloudberry tea from a silver serving platter.

Coshe has arrived from the south.

Coshe curtseys gracefully.

Maddy gives you a cup of mint and cloudberry tea.

Coshe closes the doubledoors.

Maddy beams a smile at Coshe.

Coshe beams a smile at Maddy.

Maddy says 'Hello, my name is Maddy'

Chloro says 'Others may join us in time. '

Maddy nods in agreement.

Coshe says 'Hello Maddy, it is very nice to meet you my name is Coshe'

Amilesa introduces herself as Amilesa to other Accepted.

Coshe says 'yes Chloro Sedai'

Coshe beams a smile at Amilesa.

Maddy says 'Coshe would you like somethign from the pantry that Amilesa and I brought.'

Maddy shows a silver serving platter to Coshe.

Coshe says 'Thank you but I am well-nourished at the moment.'

Coshe smiles happily.

Maddy smiles happily.

Chloro says 'While we are here, let us go around the room and state our current Ajah of interest for the Accepted. For young Maddy simply state which path pulls you more for now. Coshe you may start us off.'

Coshe says 'I am interested in the Blue Ajah Chloro Sedai'

Chloro says 'Amilesa?'

Amilesa says 'I will go next. I am interested in the White Ajah.'

Chloro says 'Young Maddy?'

Maddy says 'Well, I have not learned all the weaves as of yet, but I LOVE books but am also interested in herbs and healing.'

Maddy says 'I also don't know for sure all the specialties of each Ajah.'

Amilesa says 'I could briefly cover the White Ajah.'

Amilesa says 'I could briefly cover the White Ajah's specialty if you would like, Novice maddy.'

Chloro nods and gestures to walls about the room. "Maddy is very new to the alabaster corridors of the tower. The two of you are not. If you could please describe your Ajah's of interest."

Maddy says 'yes please I was just going to ask.'

Coshe says 'Amilesa feel free to start. '

Amilesa nods in agreement with the Aes Sedai before turning back to the Novice.

Maddy pulls a notebook and pencil from her pocket getting ready to take notes.

Amilesa says 'The White Ajah specializes in applying logical thinking to solve the problems of the world. They feel that you can get to the core truth of the matter with cool reasoning.'

Vianca tells you ‘Sorry in and out, got family on island :)'

Vianca tells you ‘Is a living branch of Chora in game'

Amilesa takes a mini step back, gesturing towards Coshe.

Maddy says 'So, would a background in maths help with that Ajah.'

Amilesa nods in agreement to Maddy.

Maddy beams a smile at Amilesa.

Coshe says 'Maddy, the Blue Ajah are the listeners of the world and involve themselves with righteous causes and justice. '

Vianca chats 'trading solver medallion for sid staff'

Maddy says 'oh that sounds like politics. '

Amilesa waits patiently for Coshe to finish before adding something.

Maddy says 'would world news be good to keep up on if interested in Blue.'

Coshe says 'That depends of course as to what righteous cause they are working towards.'

Coshe says 'It would.'

Maddy nods at Coshe.

Chloro crosses her arms raising one hand up and tapping her chin as she looks to the Accepted's "That is what the mainstream knows of the Ajahs, if you have attended my Ajahs in the last battle class you can elaborate further... Please do so starting with Amilesa."

Maddy jots some quick notes down.

Maddy glances up from her notes at Amilesa

Amilesa says 'I have not had the chance to attend that class, Aes Sedai, but I can elaborate deeper.'

Chloro says 'Please do Accepted.'

Amilesa says 'The White Ajah's focus is problem solving. What they teach inn regards to logic, meditation, math, and philosophy are all tools that are best applied to getting answers. And as the saying goes 'knowledge is power.'

Maddy nods at Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'but it isn't just knowledge for knowledge’s sake. The lesson of the White Ajah informs and drives the decision-making process, so we choose the right paths when it matters.'

Maddy erases furiously and adds new notes.

Amilesa turns towards the Aes Sedai.

Coshe nods at Amilesa.

Chloro observes Maddy writing and nods in agreement, then looks to Coshe, her gray eyes weighing and measuring the Accepted." Proceed."

Coshe says 'I apologize Chloro Sedai, and have not attended the class but I have read the notes on it.'

Coshe says 'What most do not know is that the Blue Ajah produces master interrogators and spies, in the last battle they may be used to interrogate darkfriends and dread lords.'

Coshe says 'They may also at a great cost to themselves go behind enemy lines to provide reports on dark spawn movements and help prepare to counterattack against the shadow. '

Maddy eyes widen at Coshe

Maddy says 'Coshe have you met a darkfriend'

Amilesa steps forward slightly, with something to add.

Coshe says 'yes Amilesa?'

Chloro says 'You may speak freely in this space.'

Amilesa says 'My apologies, Coshe. I have an addendum specific to the White Ajah and the Last Battle. For when you are done, of course.'

Coshe says 'ah ok just a moment.'

Maddy gets a cup of honeyed tea from a silver serving platter.

Maddy drinks hot, bitter tea from a cup of honeyed tea.

Coshe says 'Maddy, I have been in a few scrapes with some darkspawn and unfortunately have had to defend myself against a few darkfriends in the past.'

Maddy moves her hand over her mouth suppressing a quiet burp

Coshe says 'To live in a world without a darkfriend would be.... peaceful'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Maddy says 'I imagine I have seen them and not known.'

Amilesa narrates 'I look forward to the countless stories that will no doubt spread, Ixeon. Well done!'

Chloro looks to Maddy and offers sympathetic eyes. "Sadly Darkfriends can be found in the highest of courts and lowest of hovels. We all must be vigilant against the shadow."

Maddy nods at you.

Chloro says 'Amilesa, I believe you wished to add to your commentary on the white Ajah.'

Amilesa says 'I should mention how the White Ajah would likely be used in the Last Battle; I think that was the premise stated.'

Maddy says 'Would not all the Ajah's be present.'

Coshe thinks hard.

Amilesa says 'Of course. I thought the premise what each Ajah's specialty might contribute to it.'

Chloro says 'Indeed novice they would, however we have a White and Bue apprentice in front of us today.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Maddy nods at Chloro Sedai.

Chloro says 'Please proceed Amilesa.'

Amilesa says 'The White's propensity for mathematics and attention to detail has Sedai of the White Ajah handling logistics for the White Tower and even tar Valon.'

Maddy says 'Ohh do they handle the accounts then.'

Maddy says 'My mother did that for my Father.'

Amilesa says 'During the Last Battle, and preparing up for it, the Aes Sedai of the White Ajah would handle a lot of the logistics that come with have so many nations coming together, and the supplies and infrasture needed to keep it going as long as needed.'

Maddy says 'I really enjoyed helping with that, so if so, perhaps the White Ajah would be for me'

Amilesa nods at Chloro Sedai.

Maddy nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'I will add to yours Amilesa.'

Chloro says 'Today you have provided tea, and cakes. It may interest all three of you to know that the Food and drink you have every day, the wards on the white tower and novice quarters, the climate control we have, and the ability for the tower to retain funds is all in thanks to the White Ajah. Remember that on your next trip to the kitchens.'

Coshe smiles softly.

Maddy smiles at you.

Chloro says 'The White Ajah ward on our larders produced's the strongest ward with the smallest of upkeep cost with Saidar.'

Maddy nods at you.

Chloro says 'Now we have discussed the Blue and the White Ajah. What questions do you have on them Maddy?'

Maddy says 'Can you please tell me about your Ajah Chloro Sedai'

Chloro says 'If there are no further questions on the Blue or White, I actually will let the Accepted explain and fill in. You will learn as you progress that a Aes Sedai has qualities of all Ajahs. Amilesa you may start this time.'

Maddy glances at Chloro Sedai as she purses her lips, poising her pencil over her notebook.

Maddy nods in agreement.

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai.'

Maddy glances at Amilesa quickly

Amilesa says 'I will start by directing the Novice to the roster outside of the Study of the Mistress of Novices. If you have not already, it will direct you to introductory lessons on each Ajah.'

Maddy says 'Oh thank you I didn’t notice it yet.'

Maddy says 'I will look on my way to bed.'

Amilesa says 'Chloro Sedai is a Lady of the Gray Ajah. Its focus, generally speaking, is to heal the tensions of the nations of the world, so that they are ready and will be willing to aid in the Last Battle.'

Maddy says 'So peacemakers?'

Amilesa says 'The Gray Ajah's focus on diplomacy, laws of other nations, and the political nature of things often has them as advisers to rulers or those who will likely one day become one.'

Amilesa says 'Peace under the Light.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Coshe says 'To add to the last battle portion, the Gray Ajah has sisters placed in nations around the world. They would ride forth with rulers and armies at their backs, bringing supplies, weapons and fighters. They will also fight alongside Kings and Queens to defend those monarchs in the hopes of a safe return for them.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Coshe says 'they would like to see peace among the camps of so many countries and would aid the whites in relocating refugees.'

Maddy tries to write as quick as she can, shaking out a cramp in her hand before continuing.

Maddy nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'That is well explained by both of you, I will elaborate a little further.'

Maddy looks up at Chloro quickly before returning to her notes.

Chloro uncrosses her arms and reaches into her purse pulling out a hard candy, comb, flask, and hair pin. Gently she sets each on a table to the left of her in full view of the girls. "Can any of you tell when what purpose these objects have in common at court?"

Coshe thinks while slightly tilting her head.

Maddy says 'I would guess that they could both be used to give you time to form your words.'

Coshe says 'Chloro Sedai may I ask, that hard candy, is it made with mint?'

Chloro says 'It is made of honey. Good observation Coshe, Amilesa, care to take a guess?'

Maddy looks up at Coshe with interest.

Amilesa says 'Any could be a gift, or a way to start a conversation.'

Chloro says 'That is one thing that could tie them together, but not what I am looking for.'

Chloro looks to the girls giving them one last chance.

Coshe says 'I believe it would depend on the goal.'

Coshe says 'and the situation.'

Coshe says 'A candy could be used to buy time to correctly word an answer, it could be used to curry favor with a monarch’s child, it could be used if you had remembered the monarch loves hard candy made of honey, it could be used to assist in loosening a childs lip in to what they have heard around a palace.'

Maddy taps her pen on her cheek as she tries to thin of the correlation.

Chloro picks up the hard candy looking to over carefully. "The Tower has many enemies, in many lands. The shadow will always seek to sow discord. A divided nation is a weak nation for the taking. Each one of these objects is a perfect mode of transportation for poison to get into the blood stream."

Coshe says 'interesting.'

Maddy mouth drops

Amilesa gently smooths out her dress with one hand.

Maddy says 'I never thought of that happening.'

Maddy says 'I have a lot to learn.'

Coshe says 'I think we have all learned a little something from Chloro Sedai's example.'

Chloro says 'The Gray Ajah goes to battle as often as the Green or Red. Our field of battle is the Courts, Palaces, and central hubs of the continent. Our enemies are not as clear as a trolloc of fade coming for you. Anyone can be an assassin. We seek to unite the nations so that when our Green and Red sisters ride into the last battle, an army follows at their backs of every able bodied person that can fight.'

Maddy nods at Coshe.

Chloro says 'Our weapons are Words and the pulling of strings.'

Maddy jots down a few more notes

Amilesa nods.

Coshe nods slowly.

Chloro says 'The reason we did this exercise today girls, is when you choose an Ajah, and train with it. You had best be able to defend your choice with every ounce of might you have. Know it’s known and hidden motives. You are after all making a choice that will last 300 years or far longer if Divina Sedai as the new rule of thumb.'

Coshe smiles slightly.

Maddy nods in agreement.

Amilesa stares off into the distance for a moment.

Chloro says 'Now Coshe and Amilesa would you please explain to Maddy what being a wearied novice means?'

Coshe says 'Yes, Chloro Sedai'

Maddy looks up at Coshe with an encouraging smile.

Coshe says 'Being a wearied Novice means more responsibility and more learning.'

Maddy nods at Coshe.

Coshe says 'as a fledgling novice you are expected to make mistakes, as a wearied novice some of those mistakes are not to be expected from you. You represent the white tower.'

Coshe says 'as such you must live up to the oaths, and the standards of the white tower.'

Maddy says 'Are the Area Restrictions the same.'

Chloro looks to Amilesa and nods, allowing a knowing smile to cross her lips.

Coshe says 'Unless the handbook has changed, I believe the restrictions are the same Maddy.'

Maddy nods at Coshe.

Amilesa nods at Coshe.

Maddy looks thoughtful.

Amilesa says 'Your studies will comprise of introductory lessons on history, traditions of the White Tower, and a core curriculum that you will build on as you advance.'

Maddy says 'So more responsibility but still within the safety of the Tower.'

Coshe nods at Maddy.

Coshe nods at Amilesa.

Maddy nods at Amilesa.

Chloro says 'I will add one thing.'

Amilesa says 'There are certain expectations we have of Fledgling Novices, such as acclimating to the culture of the White Tower, learning our rules, and finding your way around the Tower.'

Amilesa says 'There were two other things I was going to cover. I will see if any remain after Chloro Sedai has given her guidance.'

Chloro says 'To become wearied is to be noticed, it is to declare you have learned what is needed are dedicated to the tower. As you progress your workload and lessons will increase. The shawl is a burden taken up by woman to aid the load of their sisters. Remember this when you seek advancement.'

Maddy nods at you.

Maddy taps her pen on the paper before taking more notes.

Amilesa says 'That covers a lot on a hard lesson I hard to learn as a Novice. To understand why we are here, doing this training in the first place. Think about how you can assist others, and how you can build your skills to be a servant to others.'

Chloro looks to Maddy, then to both Accepted. "As Maddy is known, and you both wish to prove yourselves capable of taking on that burden. I task you with preparing her to become wearied. You may send word to me when you both agree she is ready, and I or another Aes Sedai will judge this."

Amilesa says 'The second other part I wanted to cover involves your ability to channel. Your time now is focused on learning control so you will not be a danger to yourself or others.'

Maddy nods in agreement.

Coshe nods at Amilesa.

Coshe says 'Yes Chloro Sedai'

The doubledoors is opened from the other side.

Yve has arrived from the south.

Yve curtseys gracefully.

Amilesa says 'Of course, Chloro Sedai.'

Amilesa closes the doubledoors.

Maddy beams a smile at Yve.

Yve says 'Did I get the time wrong again? I'm sorry, Chloro Sedia.'

Chloro says 'Perfect timing novice.'

Yve breathes a sigh of relief.

Chloro looks to Coshe and Amilesa "I Task you both with preparing Yve for what comes next as well."

Coshe says 'Yes, Chloro Sedai'

Coshe beams a smile at Yve.

Yve blushes.

Yve says 'Thank you.'

Coshe looks at Yve.

Chloro says 'Yve, tell me, does any particular Ajah catch your fancy?"'

Yve says 'Honestly I'm still drawn to the blue... or maybe grey even.'

Coshe smiles softly.

Chloro says 'Please do tell Yve, why do they draw you?'

Yve says, 'Partly because of the feeling that some Ajahs aren't going be right for me, and partly because of something I can't quite put my finger on.'

Chloro says 'Well put for someone at your experience. I would ask why not Red or Green?'

Yve says, 'I feel my strength lies less in that kind of direct conflict area and more in something more, word based.'

Yve grins evilly.

Maddy Looks at Coshe and Amilesa and asks "what steps did you take to deciding your Ajah"

Yve says 'I spent time with wisdom growing up, so their simple message of helping who you can when you can is something I lean into, but I don't do healing so well. ‘

Yve looks down at her hands.

Yve says 'Perhaps a little better now.'

Maddy rubs her nose before taking more notes.

Chloro says 'Healing is a very complicated weave, even the newest Accepteds have issue with it.'

Chloro says 'Your knowledge of Saidar will grow in time as will your abilities and Talents.'

Yve nods in agreement.

Coshe whispers something to Maddy.

Chloro says 'Amilesa, Coshe, I believe Maddy asked a question.'

Amilesa nods in agreement.

Coshe says 'As we are meant to be servants to all, I looked inside myself, looked at my'

Maddy nods at Coshe.

Coshe coughs

Coshe says 'apologies it seems I had a frog in my throat.'

Amilesa says 'My approach was to get to know Aes Sedai and other Accepted. Knowing their background and what choice they made helped me identify which had similar situations as myself.'

Coshe says 'As we are meant to be servants to all, I looked inside myself, looked at my past, at what I believe I can be good at, what I believe, and where I know I could do the most good. To be the best servant to all that I could be.'

Maddy stretches and wiggles her ankle.

Coshe says 'at it does help that I like the color blue.'

Coshe smiles softly.

Maddy says 'Well my favorite color is purple.'

Maddy grins evilly.

Maddy says 'that will be no help to me.'

Yve gets a blue silk dress sewn with pearls from a backpack.

Yve says, 'I've been carrying this dress since before I came to the Tower.'

Yve puts a blue silk dress sewn with pearls in a backpack.

Coshe beams a smile at Yve

Amilesa smiles softly.

Yve says, 'It just called to me.'

Maddy looks to Amilesa "so would you say a Logical approach would be to ask Aes Sedai in each Ajah questions, or would I be bothering them?"

Amilesa says 'That is a valid approach. Speaking to Accepted who have exposure to the Ajah would work as well, in case a certain Aes Sedai's time is busy.'

Chloro looks at the lamp light getting stronger as the day turns to night. "For now, I think we shall call it a day, Amilesa, Coshe, we will both speak in a few days. I encourage you to gauge your charges before then."

Maddy nods in agreement.

Yve smiles happily.

Amilesa says 'Of course, Aes Sedai. Maddy and Yve, I will be trying to find time to speak with you in the next day or two, should you be able.'

Coshe says 'As shall I Maddy and Yve'

Maddy says 'thank you Amilesa'

Maddy says 'and Coshe'

Yve says 'I will try to make myself free at your request. I may be tied to the sink.'

Chloro says 'Good, remember Accepted, work together, the bonds you create now will last centuries.'

Maddy says 'As will I'

Coshe beams a smile at Yve.

Coshe beams a smile at Amilesa.

Chloro says 'Then you are all Dismissed.'

Yve curtseys gracefully.

Coshe curtseys gracefully.

Yve says 'Thank you, Chloro Sedai.'

Coshe opens the doubledoors.

Coshe says 'Thank you Chloro Sedai'

Sarinda

Re: Even That Can Poison You?

Post by Sarinda » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:10 am

Base: 3
Special length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: +1 -- There were a few things missed (e.g., chat, tell) but could tell that multi-line emotes were fixed, for example
Summary: +1

Total:
Chloro: 6 RPQPs
Amilesa: 3 RPQPs
Coshe: 3 RPQPs
Maddy: 3 RPQPs
Yve: 3 RPQPs

A great lesson in a more informal setting. Chloro's penchant for the dramatic is thrilling as always. :D

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.