Why it Gotta be Red?

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Why it Gotta be Red?

Post by Chloro » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:31 pm

Accepted Evee seeks advice on which Ajah to apprentice to from Chloro Sedai and newly shawled Vianca Sedai. The Accepted slowly learns that every path has a battle, only the foe changes.

Point of View: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Vianca, Evee

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
Evee the Journey Accepted is standing here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Vianca tells you 'Your horse ended up biting the crap out of my arm :P'

Chloro briskly glides into the room nodding in respect to Annoura, "You asked to speak with me Accepted? How my I be of service?"

Evee curtseys before Annoura Larisen.

Evee says 'thank you, Chloro Sedai.'

Vianca has arrived from the east.

Evee says 'I am in the process of entering into an apprenticeship with the Sarinda Sedai and the Red Ajah.'

Evee curtseys before Vianca.

Vianca nods at Evee.

Chloro motions for the Accepted to continue.

Evee says 'but before she formally takes me on, she wanted me to first speak with some of the other Ajah's, particularly the Green, so be certain that my choice of the Red is well founded.'

Vianca eyes down the Accepted, "an apprenticeship with the Red Ajah eh?"

Evee says 'Yes, Vianca Sedai.'

Chloro shares a knowing look with Vianca and then nods to the Accepted, "Sarinda Sedai is wise to make you explore all options."

Evee says 'She wanted me to be sure that I would not later regret the decision as there are some great distinctions with the Red.'

Evee says 'while at the same, the duties an be quite similar.'

Chloro smiles and allows her Green sister to respond first.

Vianca taps her chin with her with her pointer finger, 'Take it from me child, use your time wisely before making that step, I myself started as a yellow apprentice.'

Evee raises an eye in surprise.

Vianca says 'You never know what situations will bring your mind to decide which path you want to choose.'

Chloro nods and looks the accepted directly in the eye "I too was swayed by the Yellow, and the Blue before finally settling down with the Gray."

Evee says 'Is it so common then?'

Vianca says 'Well, if not the Red Ajah, then where child?'

Chloro chuckles and reaches out placing an had on the Accepted’s shoulder. "It is often said a Tower girl will change her Ajah choice a few times before cementing it."

Vianca says 'What other Ajah draws you in?'

Vianca circles the table looking for an open chair, eventually she leans against the wall.

Vianca looks at Evee.

Chloro raises a hand for the Accepted to hold.

Evee nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'I find Accepted Evee, that a good question to ask yourself, is if the Tower were no longer an option, what would you do with your life?'

Evee says 'well now...'

Evee ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Vianca folds her arms as her eyes narrow on to Accepted Evee.

Evee says 'I suspect not much would change except the company I keep, Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro says 'Then would it surprise you to know that battle sisters exist in every Ajah?'

Evee says 'I would still find myself trying to protect the innocent from those who abuse power.'

Evee says 'It did at one time, but I have since learned better.'

Chloro says 'That Child is the goal of every Aes Sedai, not just the Red.'

Vianca adds 'Or the Greens.'

Evee says 'why not the Green?'

Chloro says 'Every Aes Sedai is committed to fighting the shadow, developing girls with channeling ability, and defending the world against those that would misuse the gifts we are given.'

Vianca says 'For instance Eldrenia Sedai managed a fade and 4 trollocs while locked in the room with them just last week.'

Evee says 'I did hear of that amazing exploit.'

Vianca says 'It’s not just the goal of the Reds or the Greens, that job falls on all of the Ajah.'

Chloro says 'Mariel Sedai of the Gray is a force to be reckoned with when fighting shadow spawn. As is Jenda Sedai of the Yellow, and Kali Sedai of the Blue.'

Evee says 'I didn't have a solid answer for not choosing the green other than I didn't feel that I would be one to take on a Warder.'

Evee says 'so now I feel that I may be back to where I was a few months ago.'

Chloro says 'I would not say so child.'

Chloro says 'The fact that you asked the question puts you further than you were back then.'

Evee says 'is joining an Ajah then more about the bond with the sisters of that Ajah?'

Chloro says 'It is, its is about the bond of the sisters and what we do without using Saidar.'

Vianca says 'I would also disagree, you have chosen a path that you feel suits you, we are merely making sure that the right amount of thought has gone into this and that you have all the recourses you need should you change your mind, Child.'

Evee says 'May I ask what made you ultimately decide on the Green, Vianca Sedai?'

Vianca stand up from leaning against the wall, 'For me it was with time put on the battlefield, in the beginning I found myself drawn to the aspects of healing'

Evee says 'and you Chloro Sedai?'

Vianca leans against her staff and continues ' I loved every part of it, whether it was with using the One Power or developing cure with herbs’.

Chloro raises an eyebrow slightly and thinks back on her decision. "Mine was of a different nature."

Vianca says 'Eventually I became very good at it, so good that I was able to do it under extreme pressure.'

Vianca says 'While chasing down the battles in order to be in close proximity to the soldiers I found myself even more adept with the staff and fireballs.'

Vianca turns her attention back to Chloro, leaning back against the wall.

Chloro says 'The Gray Ajah does battle as much if not more so than the Green and Red. Our battles are not fought with weapons or Saidar, but with words and strings pulling at the heart of a matter. Our enemies are not as clear as a trolloc or fade coming for you. At court, anyone could be an assassin, a cup, a mode of death. It is a life on the cliff at times. I chose Gray as in the end, when the last battle comes, my Green sisters will not fare long without southern Support.'

Evee nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'Every Ajah does battle, its merely the foe that changes.'

Chloro says 'The Browns have the strongest foe of all to combat, Time.'

Vianca nods in agreement with Chloro Sedai, 'Perfectly put.'

Evee says 'for me it was a certain thing that pointed me to the Red.'

Vianca says 'It is when we all come together the One power is the strongest.'

Vianca nods at the Accepted,' And what was that?'

Chloro says 'The Tower has stood for 3000 years not because we act alone as Ajahs, but because we act as one when confronted with a foe.'

Evee says 'misguided as it may be, but it was seeing our defenders battling the dark forces.'

Evee says 'and seeing how different the fight was when there was a dreadlord, but no Aes Sedai to support.'

Evee says 'as soon as I engage in those battles, I know the Dreadlord must focus on me.'

Chloro thinks a moment before speaking.

Vianca squints at the Accepted.

Evee says 'which will free up our arms men to do what they do best.'

Evee says 'and the better equipped I am.'

Vianca says 'Each battle is different, you cannot assume a Dreadlord to do anything.'

(tic_timer): Tic in 7 seconds!

Evee says 'in strategy and skill with weaves, the better we'll be.'

Chloro says 'All Aes Sedai fight dreadlords. You mentioned that you do not think you will have a warder, that is a thought now child, will it be so in 100 or 200 years? Choosing Red will mean it is a thought for a lifetime and unchangeable.'

Vianca says 'Your foresight must be greater than that, Accepted.'

Evee says 'True, I cannot know.'

Vianca says 'One of the first things you should think about is the last thing that you are going to do, in battles and in life.'

Evee ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Evee says 'I would struggle with that I think.'

Chloro nods and offers a final piece of advice. 'The Aes Sedai will back your choice of Ajah, but before you make the choice, take some time and think it through, you will have to live with it for 300 years or more based on how long Divina Sedai has been alive.

Evee says 'I take each day as it comes, but I see your point.'

Evee says 'truly I do.'

Vianca says 'One of the most important things to have when fighting, against a Dreadlord especially is an exit plan. '

Vianca says 'That should be one of the first things you think about.'

Vianca nods to herself, she must need reassurance.

Chloro says 'I would like you speak with an Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah, if they have the time. I think your talents might find a beneficial arrangement there.'

Vianca nods at you.

Evee says 'they were on the top of my list when I first came to the Tower.'

Evee says 'but they do seem to live up their reputation for traveling abroad. I have not seen one in some time.'

Chloro says 'I would also speak to Gray sisters as well; you have many talents child.'

The master of scouts narrates 'Jestin was spotted Tarwins Gap'

Vianca winces as the call of the scouts.

Chloro says 'I find a pigeon finds them well enough, Keshare Sedai and Kathrine Sedai have been in residence most recently.'

Chloro says 'I am afraid Accepted, duty calls for us all. Are there any other questions?'

Evee says 'ah. I believe was a novice with Katherine Sedai.'

Evee says 'There is not. You've given me a lot to think on. I appreciate your time.'

Chloro says 'You may always seek me out if you need to talk.'

Vianca says 'Me as well, child.'

Evee says 'thank you both.'

Vianca says 'Ok, run along.'

Evee nods in agreement.

Sarinda

Re: Why it Gotta be Red?

Post by Sarinda » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:56 pm

Base: 2
Special length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: +1
Summary: +1

Total:
Chloro: 5 RPQPs
Evee: 2 RPQS
Vianca: 2 RPQPs

I enjoyed everything about this log except the part where you seemed to want to convince Evee to not pursue the Red Ajah! ;)

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.