Art of Delving

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Vistra

Art of Delving

Post by Vistra » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Preface: This session is from Ashlynn Sedai's point of view because I was unable to capture the scene due to being at work. RPlization and editing done by Novice Vistra.

Summary: To begin this scene Ashlynn Sedai comes upon Novice Vistra assisting Gaidin Dornel with healing. This lead into a teaching opportunity of the finer points of delving by Ashlynn Sedai. Ashlynn Sedai lead the Novice Vistra to the Solarium of the Yellow Ajah for the lesson and recap of a previous lesson on the finer points of the locate object weave.

Main Characters: Ashlynn Sedai and Novice Vistra

Inspiration was from Gaidin Dornel.

Solarium of the Yellow Ajah
Tall, arched windows offer a view of the island of Tar Valon and the
confluence of the river Erinin beyond Southharbor, as the river starts on
its journey to Tear. Pots and plants dot the balcony outside the windows.
Chairs have been drawn up near the windows and vases containing bouquets of
of yellow flowers have been placed nearby. Several desks and clusters of
chairs have been distributed around the room, allowing for informal
discussion of Yellow Sisters' research and studies.
[ obvious exits: N ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door north: door
Sumptuously upholstered, a gold brocade chaise lounge with gilded legs rests nearby.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A chicken wanders around here, pecking at the ground.
Vistra the Wearied Novice is standing here.
A waterlogged Accepted stands here, dripping on the tiles.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.
A Yellow Sister glides past.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.

Ashlynn says 'I hope that bird is trained.'

A waterlogged Accepted leaves north. ^^

Ashlynn gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Vistra says 'Sorry. It is. It seems to help me train with my combat abilities. Helps me focus.'

Ashlynn nods, her green eyes sparkling.

Vistra says 'It also gives me something to protect. Really pushing my skills.'

Ashlynn says 'A pet isn't the worst thing in the world. I don't have any pets now, though I did when I
was a girl. Too busy, I suppose. I don't really consider my horse a pet.'

Vistra says 'Horses are wonderful pets. Once you get to know them.'

Vistra says 'I worked on a farm before I came here, and my horse Naughty was one of my closest
friends.'

Ashlynn says 'An odd name for the horse. That horse probably got into a lot of trouble, huh?'

Vistra says 'it really was very mild manner, but was a little mischevious when a colt. '

Ashlynn nods in agreement.

Vistra says 'Could not get around him with an apple in hand.'

Vistra says 'I am sorry I am talking so much. I am just so excited that I was able to heal Dornel
Gaidin.'

Ashlynn says 'I did not have my own horse until I was much older. We raised livestock, though. I had many
chickens, cows, and hogs over the years.'

Vistra nods in agreement.

Ashlynn says 'Yes, the Healing. It is the best use of the One Power, in my opinion, and in fact.'

Vistra says 'I actually agree with you Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Not everyone can heal like us, the Yellow, that is.'

Vistra says 'No they cannot. I am actually leaning towards becoming a Yellow when my time comes.'

Ashlynn says 'A wisdom might be able to use some ointments and bandages to heal over several days, or a
less trained woman without the talent might be able to sloppily patch someone up, but what we do
here in these rooms is beyond comprehension to most.'

Ashlynn grins at her.

Ashlynn says 'Sometimes it seems like everyone says that, then they go another way.'

Ashlynn says 'It is early yet, child. You will find your path, though.'

Ashlynn says 'Tell me more about why you agree with me.'

Ashlynn says 'About it being the best use of our abilities.'

Vistra says 'I want to be able to assist the fight against the dark, and I feel the best way is to
support the true warriors. Either that be healing them, give them strength, or the flexibility to
dodge better.'

Vistra says 'I do not look at myself as a warrior.'

Ashlynn walks over to the desk, and grabs a small journal. She then walks over to Vistra and hands it
to her.

Ashlynn says 'You can be both, though.'

Ashlynn says 'Flip through the pages of this. This is a report related to a battle a Yellow sister fought
in bravely, providing not only support, but several fireballs that resulted in the decimation of a
trolloc fist.'

Vistra take the journal and looks at it, 'Maybe so. I will have to tighten up my timing of my weaves
though. I get very nervous when fighting.'

Ashlynn says 'If you were to ask me what the Yellow has pride in, I would say it is three things.'

Ashlynn says 'The first is that we have impeccable taste.'

Ashlynn raises her hands, as if to say look around her at the beautiful decor. She motions to herself,
and the fine clothing and jewelry.

Vistra flips through the journal eyes then falling on the clothes and jewelry, 'that is fine
indeed.'

Ashlynn says 'Second, or maybe moreso, at the same time, we have the best talent of the One Power, in
Healing others.'

Vistra says 'Would you consider protection spells part of healing?'

Ashlynn says 'I have lost count on how many times I have been hiding in the forest to provide Healing to
the warriors, when they called for me. "Ashlynn, Ashlynn!" I rush to them and see the forces of the
shadowspawn, and not only provide healing, but hurl fireballs at them. Again and again, not only
were those men's lives saved by my talent, my ability was able to help vanquish our disgusting
foes.'

Vistra looks on with awe and amazement.

Ashlynn says 'Weaves of protection? Such as what? Enhancing strength and dexterity? Weaving a shield
about oneself to prevent damage?'

Vistra says 'Yes, Aes Sedai.'

Vistra says 'All of those.'

Ashlynn says 'I would not call those Healing per se, and would think of those more as temporary
enhancements. Maybe even tricks to make the body perform in a more advantageous state, albeit only
for a short duration.'

Vistra says 'That makes sense Ashlynn Sedai. '

Ashlynn says 'Unfortunately, there seems to have been some kind of shift in the pattern, where the
ability to weave shields to protect others from damage... That knowledge was lost forever, I'm
afraid. We can only create a shield from damage for ourselves now.'

Ashlynn says 'I would count that one as more of a survival weave, when against overwhelming odds.'

Ashlynn says 'Good to know, especially if you are going to fight others.'

Ashlynn says 'Especially other channelers, as it will reduce the damage you receive from their weaves, I
believe.'

Vistra pulls out notebook and starts writing in it.

Ashlynn says 'Do you know what the first step to Healing entails?'

Vistra turns her attention back to Ashlynn Sedai.

Vistra says 'I would think the first step in Healing is understanding what is wrong. '

Ashlynn says 'That is correct'

Ashlynn says 'Are you familiar with the term delving?'

Vistra says 'I have heard it once before. '

Vistra says 'It is something that we do with the power correct?'

Ashlynn says 'Think about the word: Delve. What is the definition of this word? We don't have to get a
dictionary to find out.'

Ashlynn says 'We are, so to speak, using the One Power to hop into something, or someone, and feel things
about it. Learn its properties. See if we can sense something that is wrong.'

Vistra scribbles more notes in her notebook.

Vistra nodding while writing.

Ashlynn gets a piece of sandstone from an embroidered, cotton shoulder bag.

Ashlynn holds out the sandstone, showing it to Vistra.

Ashlynn feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body.

Ashlynn weaves a few fine threads of Spirit, and sends them into the stone.

Vistra looks at the sandstone as the threads of Spirit enter it.

Ashlynn says 'Watch the weave closely.'

Vistra brows draw down as she concentrats on the weave.

Ashlynn says 'With it, you should be able to feel the composition of the object. As with anything
involving weaving into objects, you must be careful to only do so under the supervision of an Aes
Sedai, or perhaps an accomplished Accepted.'

Ashlynn says 'What I can sense in the elemental Earth used eons ago to create this stone, and this
particular sample I think I can feel the very faint remnants of Water that flowed over this stone to
make it so smooth.'

Vistra says 'Oh I would never think about the water.'

Ashlynn says 'Please, try to recreate the weave, only into the sandstone. Tell me if you can feel the
Earth inside it. You may not be able to feel the remnants, as you do not have the same level of
skill.'

(tic_timer): Tic in 7 seconds!

Vistra glows with a faint light as she touches the source. She draws in spirit and directs the flows
into the sandstone but the weave falters and she loses control of Saidar.

Vistra groans loudly.

Ashlynn says 'No need to panic, try again.'

Ashlynn says 'I think I have noticed a pattern here. After this, I want you to practice your weaving more
vigorously. Practice makes perfect.'

Vistra gets a determined look on her face as the glow returns and she begins drawing in the spirit
and redirecting the flow into the stone. The weave holds firm for a little longer this time.

Ashlynn says 'Perhaps it is the skill in observing and repeating what you see. Whatever it is, you can
improve with practice. Pair up with another initiate and practice copying each others weaves. Start
simple, then move progressively to harder ones.'

Ashlynn says 'It is only for a moment that you need to feel the stone, at least in this case.'

Vistra says 'I was able to sense the earth, but not the water Aes Sedai. I definitely need to
practice.'

Ashlynn says 'This is a very basic delve.'

Vistra the glow dissipates from her.

Ashlynn says 'Now, a more advanced delve, which I might add we will not try today, can do other things. '

Vistra a smile creeps up her face.

Ashlynn says 'What do you think a more advanced delve could do?'

Vistra says 'Would it be able to see what caused the injury to a person, or maybe sense how long it
has been there?'

Ashlynn says 'Yes to the first, not quite to the second.'

Vistra writes delving can sense what caused an injury to a person like the water and the sandstone.

Ashlynn says 'The reason we are not practicing on a living subject is for numerous reasons. Ethics aside,
it is a complex weave. There is the chance for something to go wrong. You do not want to hurt
something when you are poking around inside them, due to inexperience. That would be grave.'

Vistra nods in agreement, "Yes that would be the opposite of what we would want to do."

Ashlynn says 'The body is a complex thing, composed of many elements. We must be proficient in these and
also delving before we can use it for diagnostic and or exploratory purposes.'

Vistra nods gravely letting the gravity of the situation become comprehension.

Ashlynn says 'With experience, it can be used to figure out what is wrong, and from there, we can treat
it with Healing.'

Vistra smiles happily.

Vistra says 'I believe there was a book in the library about the body. I might need to go check it
out.'

Ashlynn says 'I suggest you do that.'

Ashlynn says 'That would be a smart move. Learn as much as you can, and your talents may very well
expand!'

Vistra smiles happily.

Ashlynn says 'Now where was I going with this... ah yeah.'

Ashlynn says 'Anyone can learn how to do triage, anyone can learn how to diagnose or examine injuries.
The main difference, in my experience, is the amount of time it takes to do so.'

Ashlynn says 'While you might be sitting here with a broken leg, the tibia snapped and sticking from
underneath your kneecap, I can tell you what the problem is immediately without even delving. But if
there is any kind of, say, internal bleeding from being beaten with a trolloc's club, it would be a
lot more difficult to tell without using the One Power. While it might be possible, it would
certainly be faster for a skilled Delver to use the power to figure it out.'

Ashlynn says 'This is one of the reasons I say using the One Power to diagnose and Heal is better than
what any wisdom or wilder can do.'

Vistra says 'That much seems clear.'

Ashlynn says 'At the same time, you will find, that the skills in delving go hand in hand with the skills
in healing. For the body, at least.'

Ashlynn says 'The use of earth and water, along with spirit, while delving, it lends you the ability to
find the problem. You are already there at the site, so to speak, and able to proceed with fixing
the issue.'

Ashlynn says 'Whether it is toxins that you discover within the bloodstream, you might use a slight
amount of earth and water to change them into something harmless that the body will excrete while
making the patient feel all better...'

Ashlynn says 'Or perhaps you find an internal injury, and need to use the necessary elements to stop the
bleeding, seal it, and restore the tissue to its former glory.'

Vistra says 'This is very interesting. I am amazed that we can that with the One Power. With
practice and studies of course.'

Ashlynn says 'While it can be dangerous in the wrong hands, because it IS possible to hurt others while
healing them... an experienced healer will be able to do all this without taking a scalpel to the
patient, without needing a bunch of gauze to soak up the wounds. We don't need to worry so much
about keeping our hands free of dirt and grime.'

Ashlynn says 'Not that we walk around without finely manicured nails.'

Ashlynn holds her hands up to her face, admiring the reddish-pink paint on her nails.

Ashlynn chuckles politely.

Ashlynn walks over to the desk, and opens a drawer.

Vistra says ,'Those look lovely' as she scowls down at her finger nails with half of the polish off
of them. 'It is hard to keep them so nice scrubbing pots.'

Ashlynn reaches into the desk, and takes out a small box.

Ashlynn closes the drawer, and places the box on the desk.

Ashlynn says 'Without opening the box, I want you to try delving inside the box, and tell me what you
sense inside.'

Vistra looks at the box.

Ashlynn makes sure the box is locked, in case the novice accidentally weaves a flow of air and opens it.

Vistra begins to draw upon the source a light surounds her directing spirit into the box.

Vistra says 'Is it jewelry?'

Ashlynn says 'Strange thought. Why would I keep jewelry in the desk drawer when I could be wearing it?'

Ashlynn winks suggestively at Vistra.

Vistra looks sheepishly, 'because it kind of looks like a jewelry box and you have nice jewelry.

Vistra snickers softly.

Ashlynn strokes her chin thoughtfully.

Ashlynn says 'A good guess, but I don't want you guessing. The point of this exercise is that you cannot
see what is inside. Tell me what you feel when you delve into the box.'

Vistra says 'All I could sense is that it was made of earth.'

Vistra pushes more spirit into the box.

Ashlynn emote: Ashlynn nods, her green eyes sparkling.

Vistra says 'I cannot get past the box itself.'

Vistra says 'Is it empty?'

Ashlynn says 'Make sure to practice the weave more when you leave.'

Ashlynn says 'Let's try this a different way, then.'

Vistra says 'Yes Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Take a good look at the box, and where it is. Close your eyes and imagine it in your head.'

Vistra says 'Ok I have it pictured in my mind.'

Ashlynn says 'Eyes closed.'

Vistra closes her eyes shut.

Ashlynn takes the lid off the box, and sets it on the desk next to the box.

Ashlynn says 'Keep your eyes closed, and try to weave again.'

Vistra begins to draw upon spirit, 'How can I know where it is if I cannot see it?'

Ashlynn says 'Probe with the weave. The desk is much larger than the box and its contents. Find the
desk.'

Ashlynn says 'You should be able to sense the air around it, then the earth that the wood came from.'

Ashlynn says 'Some spirit from the furnituremaker that produced this exquisite and intricately carved
piece of wood.'

Vistra begins directing the flows of Spirit towards the desk and senses a different kind of wood
than the box. Continuing to move the weave around she finds the box sitting upon the desk.

Ashlynn says 'Tell me before you go further.'

Vistra smiling brightly, 'I found it.'

Ashlynn says 'Do you sense anything different about the box?'

Vistra begins moving the weave around the box. 'It seems to have changed. I am not sure, but did you
make it bigger. Nope it is open.

Ashlynn says 'Yes, good.'

Ashlynn says 'Now tell me, what do you feel inside the box?'

Vistra says 'Is that a velvet interior?'

Ashlynn says 'It is.'

Vistra smiles happily.

Ashlynn says 'What else do you sense?'

Vistra says 'It is not in its original state. It has been changed somehow. Is it paper?'

Ashlynn says 'Yes and no. The lid has been removed, and you are sensing some envelopes within the box.'

Ashlynn says 'You were close on the first go around, before I took the lid off.'

Ashlynn says 'You can open your eyes, if you give up. Or try to delve within the box and see what you can
find.'

Vistra continues to direct spirit in the box, 'I believe there is some wax maybe a seal on the
envelopes?'

Ashlynn says 'Yes, there is some wax. Not a seal on the envelopes, though it might be used for that.'

Vistra says 'I feel like there is more, but I just cannot find it. I do not want to give up though.'

Ashlynn says 'It is okay, because you already gave the right answer. Open your eyes and look.'

Vistra opens eyes and looks in the box.

Ashlynn says 'It is jewelry, but not the kind you would wear.'

Ashlynn says 'One of the signet rings we use to seal correspondence.'

Vistra wipes sweet off her brow.

Ashlynn says 'That would be the answer to that sort of riddle I gave. It's not meant to be worn, it's
meant to be used when I'm pushing papers.'

Vistra releases the source of the power and the light surounding her winks out.

Vistra snickers softly.

Ashlynn says 'It is too plain for my taste. The Flame of Tar Valon is beautiful, but the ring is much too
plain.'

Ashlynn picks up the ring, and channels some spirit into it.

Ashlynn says 'This is only 12 karat, maybe 14 karat gold.'

Ashlynn puts the ring down in the box, and replaces the lid. She opens the desk drawer and places the
box inside.

Ashlynn pushes the drawer shut, and locks it with a small key. She pockets the key inside her gown.

Vistra says 'I believe that I understand the importance of practice. That took a lot of
concentration. Does it get easier?'

Ashlynn says 'Yes, with practice, with experience. As you grow as a channeler, you find things become
easier.'

Ashlynn says 'You might learn how to weave something more efficiently.'

Ashlynn says 'One tip I will give you is to always be watching the other girls while they practice. Try
to pick up on the threads they weave together, and see if you can recreate it.'

Ashlynn says 'As you get better at weaving, you can do the same, except the thing to do would be to look
for holes or inefficiencies in how the initiates weave.'

Ashlynn says 'You can do this to learn for yourself, like putting the pieces of a puzzle together. Helps
with logic skills. But you can also use it as an icebreaker for a teaching moment as when you become
Accepted you will be expected to work with novices like yourself.'

Vistra says 'Try to figure out better ways to accomplish the task. That I understand.'

Ashlynn says 'Yes, exactly.'

Vistra says 'I believe finding better ways to do thngs will be one of the ways to lead us back to
the prosperity of the Age of Legends.'

Ashlynn says 'Not all come to the Tower with the same strength or abilities. Someone might be able to
accomplish more than you through sheer strength in the One Power, while weaving very sloppily. Even
if your own power level is dwarfed by that girl, you are still valuable in being able to teach the
practical skills that will allow that girl to use her strength more efficiently, and as a result,
learn how to weave even stronger.'

Ashlynn says 'To cure all sickness, and to end the Dark One, that is my goal.'

Ashlynn says 'If we do that, I think we will be in another Age of Legends.'

Ashlynn says 'There was peace and prosperity, and those two goals will lead to it.'

Vistra puts on a brave face, 'I think that is a wonderful goal.

Ashlynn says 'Well, that concludes the lesson. I originally wanted to go over your map.'

(The subject changes from the lesson of delving to a task of map creation from a prior lesson on the weave locate
object)

Vistra snickers softly.

Ashlynn says 'If you have time still, we could talk about that shortly.'

Vistra says 'I have time Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Excellent.'

Ashlynn says 'The first version you submitted, looked like a rough draft. I understood the information
you were trying to convey, although a less accomplished person might have trouble reading it. Not
bad for a first draft.'

Ashlynn says 'In the future, try to put more effort in your assignments before you submit them. Many of
us have very high standards!'

Ashlynn grins at her.

Vistra looks down at her feet.

Ashlynn says 'If you are ever unsure, my door is always open. You can ask me what I think about your
research, the paper you wrote, or the map you drew.'

Ashlynn says 'I want you to succeed here.'

Vistra says 'I will Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'With that said, and I know I sent you another short note in reply to flesh out the map
better.'

Ashlynn says 'This second version was much MUCH pleasing to the eye.'

Vistra smiles happily.

Ashlynn says 'I particularly liked the calligraphy on the labels for the cities. It was simple, yet
elegant.'

Vistra nods as a smile turns the corners of her lips.

Vistra smooths her face back trying to look serene.

Ashlynn says 'There was not much I thought wrong about the contents, either. Let me take another look at
it.'

Ashlynn walks over to the desk, and unfurls the map Vistra made.

Ashlynn looks down at the map, studying it carefully, putting a finger to the portion where the Tower
and Tar Valon is located.

Vistra follows Ashlynn Sedai with her eyes.

Ashlynn says 'Now I see there are three gatekeys in Tar Valon. We know that there are three gates
operating currently. No need to ask where you think those are.'

Ashlynn says 'There is a delicately carved ivory key. '

Ashlynn says 'You cannot leave the island, unfortunately, so some of these you cannot verify. But this
one, you could. Did you happen to explore and find out who holds this carved ivory key?'

Vistra says 'I did not Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'it is held by Lelaine Sedai, the Keeper.'

Ashlynn says 'It is the key used to unlock the door to Mother's study.'

Ashlynn says 'That is, the Amyrlin Seat, Siuan Sanche Sedai.'

Ashlynn moves her finger up to the portion labeled Fal Dara.

Ashlynn says 'Three more gate keys for three currently accessible gates. I am seeing a pattern here.'

Vistra looks at where Ashlynn Sedai is pointing.

Vistra snickers softly.

Ashlynn says 'There is also some kind of plain black key. I am not sure what that is for. It looks to be
near or inside Fal Dara too, based on the distance.'

Ashlynn says 'That is something I am curious about.'

Ashlynn says 'Maybe I will look into that further.'

Vistra says 'If it pleases you could you tell me what it is when you find it?'

Ashlynn says 'Of course, child.'

Vistra smiles happily.

Ashlynn moves her finger down to the skeleton key, southeast of Tar Valon.

Vistra says 'I think I might know where that one is.'

Ashlynn says 'This, I believe, is possibly located within the forest you are permitted to explore. I am
not one hundred percent sure, though.'

Ashlynn says 'I would like to find out more about that one, too. If my theory is correct, that is. If you
find it, please submit a brief report about where you found it and what it unlocks.'

Vistra says 'There is a woman that lives under ground in the forest that keeps a bunch of spiders. I
went in there once.'

Ashlynn says 'I have heard about that.'

Ashlynn says 'Though, I was thinking about that odd chest underneath the ground, myself.'

Vistra says 'She did not attack me but her spiders did.'

Vistra says 'Since she did not attack me I did not bother her, but there were many chests in
different rooms down there.'

Ashlynn says 'Good. You are not bound by the Oath Rod yet, but you should still keep the Three Oaths.'

Ashlynn says 'Do you know the Three Oaths?'

Vistra says 'I do Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Please recite them.'

Vistra says 'the first is "To speak no word that is not true."'

Vistra says 'Second is "To make no weapon with which one man may kill another."'

Ashlynn nods again, listening intently.

Vistra says 'Third is "Not to use the One power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the
last defense of my life, the life of my Warder, or that of another Sister."'

Ashlynn claps her hands together approvingly.

Ashlynn says 'Very good.'

Vistra smiles happily.

Ashlynn says 'I am glad you are paying attention in class. The lessons you learn here are important.'

Ashlynn thinks really hard.

Ashlynn says 'Of the Three Oaths, which do you think, personally, might be the hardest to keep?'

Vistra says 'I had a long discussion with Aelrena Sedai earlier about my lessons.'

Vistra says 'Actually I had this conversation with Aelrena Sedai before also. I said the first
because sometimes you might be wrong and we had a discussion about did the person say think it was
true. '

Vistra says 'I still think it is the hardest though.'

Ashlynn says 'It sounds like Aelrena Sedai was very thorough, as she is apt to be.'

Ashlynn says 'I agree with you about that one.'

Vistra nods emphatically.

Ashlynn says 'There are ways around it, and Aelrena Sedai probably discussed this with you.'

The master of scouts narrates 'Smoker was spotted A Winding Road'

Ashlynn says 'When a sister truly believes something to be true, for example.'

Ashlynn says 'Sarcasm might be another one.'

Vistra says 'Yes we discussed both of those.'

Ashlynn says 'There is also another one. I am trying to remember the best word for it. It is like
misdirection, but not quite?'

Vistra says 'And about the way to say something but not necessarily say that thing.'

Vistra snickers softly.

Ashlynn says 'Yes, that is where I am heading with that.'

Ashlynn says 'Back to the map.'

Ashlynn says 'I see you had some questions about the distance to Cairhien.'

Vistra says 'Yes Aes Sedai. I thought it was close to the same distance away as Caemlyn, but through
the locate object weave it is definitely closer.'

Vistra says 'I went to the library and looked at a map and saw that it is indeed closer.'

Ashlynn says 'Yes, that is confusing. Caemlyn is a little bit further. Cairhien is quite close to us,
actually.'

Vistra says 'I waited till after I turned in my assignment because I believed it would go against
the spirit of the assignment.'

Vistra says 'There was one key that I thought was interesting. It was a wooden key close to the
Caemlyn area I believe.'

Vistra says 'I wonder what it is for.'

Ashlynn says 'Again, three gatekeys. Three usable gates. There is not a gate in the western portion, as
the River Alguenya borders the west. There are some breakwaters near both the north and south
corners, and many docks in between.'

Ashlynn says 'It is possible to sail from Cairhien to Tar Valon, by going down the Alguenya and then back
up the Erinin.'

Vistra says 'I did not know that Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'You must go south from the city, and then west to get to the Erinin. From there it is a far
distance north to land here at the island.'

Ashlynn says 'Good knowledge to have when you are raised to Accepted.'

Vistra says 'I hope I am close to being raised to Accepted. I might have a little more studying to
do though.'

Ashlynn says 'An elegant carved key in between... I think that is something just north of Cairhien.'

Ashlynn says 'There is a person that guards a house and it requires a key to get in. Has to do with some
task.'

Ashlynn nods at her.

Ashlynn says 'I think you are progressing nicely. We will talk more about that after this.'

Ashlynn says 'Next we have a heavy iron key very far to the south. That would be around Caemlyn. I am not
sure what that is for. I know that there is a similar key carried by a trolloc west of Whitebridge,
in a tunnel where shadowspawn congregate.'

Ashlynn says 'The key can be used to open an iron door.'

Ashlynn says 'The key you sensed is a different one, though. Or maybe someone moved it? Who is to say?'

Ashlynn strokes her chin thoughtfully.

Vistra thinks hard.

Ashlynn says 'Next, the key whittled from oak.'

Vistra perks up at the mention of the wooden key.

Ashlynn says 'I know that one. It is carried by a man in Aringill. It is used to open the door to the
coal shed, which allows access into a disgusting cess pit and the sewer adjacent to it.'

Ashlynn says 'The sewer is dangerous. Not only because of disease, but several gray men lurk in there.'

Vistra loses interest in the wooden key.

Ashlynn says 'You can use the path to get to Maerone from Aringill, while keeping your horse.'

Ashlynn says 'Otherwise, you have to swim or paddle across the Erinin to get from Aringill to Maerone.'

Ashlynn says 'And horses don't fit on rafts or in canoes.'

Vistra says 'Poor horses.'

Ashlynn says 'And finally, the keys in Caemlyn. The jail key I believe opens a jail in the northern edge
of the outer city.'

Ashlynn says 'The gate keys, obvious.'

Ashlynn says 'The last one though, and where I think you may be wrong.'

Ashlynn says 'The jeweled key. That key is not in Caemlyn. Or perhaps someone moved it there. Do you know
what it is used for? I do.'

Vistra shakes her head.

Vistra says 'I do not Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'There is a man, maybe you have heard of him.'

Ashlynn says 'Roland Azaron'

Vistra says 'yes. He is a bandit.'

Ashlynn says 'He fancies himself a man of wealth and connoisseur of fine things.'

Ashlynn says 'He is just a common brigand.'

Ashlynn says 'Exactly.'

Ashlynn says 'I believe that key is used to access his lair.'

Vistra says 'I wonder if someone stole it from him and the put it in the Caemlyn Square?'

Ashlynn says 'That is a good possibility.'

Vistra says 'I think it serves him right if that is what happens. Maybe when he goes to get it he
will be brought to justce.'

Ashlynn says 'Tell me, have you had the chance to listen to any of the lectures provided by the Aes
Sedai? For example, here in our particular area of the Tower, Romanda Sedai teaches about some
subjects just north and west of here.'

Ashlynn says 'I do not recall if I directed you towards her before or not. I know I have mentioned it to
several of the girls. It may have been another one.'

Vistra says 'I have listened to all of them Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Was this before or after you spoke with Aelrena Sedai today?'

Vistra says 'Before. I basically gave her a run down of what I learned. '

Vistra says 'I believe the one error that I made was when I compared the Green Ajah to the Red.'

Vistra says 'My reasoning was the way they are more war like than the others when it comes to their
main goals.'

Ashlynn says 'That is hardly an error, in my opinion. Both are focused on battle. Battle involves
strategy. It is likely just the target. While the Red may go after rogue channelers, while the Green
anyone who stands in the way of the Light.'

Vistra says 'I do not believe I formulated my argument correctly though.'

Ashlynn says 'I see.'

Ashlynn says 'Yes, the argument. This will help with the First Oath - learn to carefully craft your
words.'

Vistra says 'I also did not have my notes with me.'

Ashlynn says 'Consider what they mean, consider what they might mean to someone else. Before you speak
them'

Ashlynn says 'Well, I know you have spoken to Aelrena Sedai, and to me. Who else have you spoken to from
the other Ajahs? Besides the Brown and the Yellow, that is.'

Vistra says 'I can give you a quick rundown if you would like Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Apologies, but you spoke so quickly. Are you eager to tell me who else you spoke with, or
are you eager to tell me about consideration of words?'

Ashlynn says 'Practicing that consideration of words might have helped avoid this question, by the way.'

Vistra says 'I have taken a couple of classes with Sarinda Sedai on self defense. I also assisted
Alison Sedai with removing a male channeler Dougan from the city.'

Vistra says 'So that is the Red and White. I have talked some with Chloro Sedai.'

Vistra says 'So that is Gray.'

Vistra says 'Chloro Sedai was part of one of the self defense classes I was unable to finish.'

Vistra says 'She also directed me to feed the poor one day.'

Vistra says 'I had a class on book preservation with Vianca Sedai, but that was right before she was
raised from Accepted to the Green Ajah.'

Ashlynn says 'I believe I read through that one.'

Vistra says 'It was really cool how the use of some herbs and the power can create a paste that
helps with the bindings.'

Ashlynn says 'So it sounds to me like you have not been able to engage with the Green or the Blue.'

Vistra says 'No Aes Sedai. I have not.'

Ashlynn says 'The Green might be easier to seek out than the Blue.'

Ashlynn says 'I saw some of the Blue sisters earlier today. I suggest if you see one, to seek them out
immediately.'

Vistra says 'I will do that Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Although they may be busy with other things and not have the time. Remember, that is not
your fault.'

Ashlynn says 'You might also try sending them a message to see if they are able to arrange a meeting.'

Ashlynn says 'I definitely suggest reaching out to the other sisters of the other Ajahs. Don't stop at
just one, though. I know Sarinda Sedai, for example, is the only Red that is typically seen
regularly, but in other cases...'

Ashlynn says 'For example, a number of White sisters have awoken from slumber recently.'

Ashlynn says 'There are many other Yellow sisters.'

(tic_timer): Tic length updated to: 62.093 seconds.

Ashlynn says 'There are a lot of Brown sisters, too.'

Vistra says 'Yes Callesa Sedai sent me a message in the middle of our lesson.'

Ashlynn says 'Your map making skills are great. You appear to be a natural. I think if you spent some
more time with the Brown sisters, you might learn a thing or two and be able to learn enough to
advance not only in skill, but also rank.'

Vistra says 'Thank you Ashlynn Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Continue engaging with as many different sisters of different Ajahs as you can. If you need
help arranging a meeting with another Yellow, I can facilitate that. Just let me know.'

Vistra says 'I have met with Eldrenia Sedai and engaged briefly with Fyra Sedai of the Yellow.'

Ashlynn says 'With that, our discussion here is complete. You are dismissed. Please see to it that you
practice your weaving. Next time we meet, I would like to see you have more confidence in your
weaving. I want to see you be able to copy others more easily. I want to see less dropped of the
source itself.'

Vistra curtseys before Ashlynn.

Ashlynn gestures with her hand.

Vistra says 'I will Ashlynn Sedai'

The door smoothly swings open.

Vistra leaves north. ^^
A chicken leaves north. ^^

Chloro

Re: Art of Delving

Post by Chloro » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:08 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : 1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : 1