One Rank leads to Another...

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

One Rank leads to Another...

Post by Chloro » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Tissaya meets with Chloro Sedai and Accepted Vianca, discussing what it means to futher bind themself to the tower and seek the banded dress. A teachable moment for both intiates from different sides.

View of: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Vianca, Tissaya

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A large hawk with grey-brown feathers with a bone cylinder on his leg flies low.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Vianca has arrived from the east.

Vianca curtseys before you.

Vianca says 'Hello Chloro Sedai'

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Tissaya has arrived from the east.

Tissaya curtseys gracefully.

Chloro says 'Good day Accepted Vianca, we shall continue your training.'

Tissaya gives a cup of blueberry tea to Vianca.

Chloro raises an eyebrow.

Tissaya gives you a cup of blueberry tea.

Chloro says 'Novice it is customary to both knock before entering and close the door after you.'

Tissaya closes the carveddoor.

Vianca places her staff against the wall and stands at the foot of the table.

Tissaya says 'Sorry, Chloro Sedai!'

Vianca points to the floor next to her, "Over here Novice Tissaya."

Tissaya walks briskly over there.

Chloro glides across the room to the roaring fire place taking an arm chair, offering the girls plain wooden chairs near. "Please both of you have a seat."

Tissaya sits down quickly and quietly.

Vianca takes a seat in an oaken chair.

Chloro says 'A lesson for both of you. Imparting knowledge and absorbing it will be part of your lives till you meet the mothers last embrace.'

Chloro says 'Vianca, you are now in a position that most girls train years for. Novice Tissaya seeks to wear the banded dress. How are we to know if she is ready?'

A sharp-eyed hawk swoops down to land nearby.
A sharp-eyed hawk caws loudly.
A sharp-eyed hawk drops a sheet of paper.

Chloro gets a sheet of paper.

A sharp-eyed hawk flutters its wings.
A sharp-eyed hawk beats its wings harder.

A sharp-eyed hawk takes off out of reach into the skies!
A sharp-eyed hawk circles high above.

Tissaya wonders about the timing of the question and the paper arrival.

Chloro tucks the paper swiftly in her sleeve and motions for Vianca to respond.

Vianca briefly looks at Novice Tissaya, then back to Chloro Sedai, "She will have to prove herself is all aspects of the elements of the One Power, and show that she can harness it properly.

Chloro says 'While that is taught as a novice, you remember the test well. Have you worked with Novice Tissaya much?'

Vianca says 'On a handful of occasions only'

Chloro says 'What is your opinion of the Novice?'

Vianca says 'I would say from my brief encounter that she very eager to learn, but is still very new and has tough road ahead of her.'

Vianca says 'but she had the right attitude and that is a big part of it.'

Chloro says 'As do all who wear the white. Is she ready to face what comes next? Perhaps we should ask.'

Chloro takes a sip of tea and looks Tissaya directly in the eyes, gray eyes calculating and peering to the girl. "Novice, what does it mean to be Accepted?"

Tissaya says 'To me to be Accepted is to take one more step along the path towards mastery. I am but a novice and to become accepted would show that I am ready for the next step. To follow the three oaths and to represent the tower in the best way I am capable of.'

Chloro looks to Vianca for a moment then back to Tissaya. "What is the price of this path Tissaya?"

Tissaya says 'Some price may be unknown as the journey could end for me at any moment. Up to and including my life. The immediate price would be to be bound to the oath rod.'

Vianca turns her head towards Tissaya and then back to Chloro Sedai.

Chloro says 'Vianca, what is the price of binding yourself to the tower?'

Vianca says 'the price is giving up the life other woman would have. no marriage no children no quiet life, you must forget you past and dedicate yourself completely to the Tower.'

Chloro gently rolls her great serpent ring on her left ring finger while watching the girls.

Vianca nods, slightly glancing down at her colored bands before her focus turns back to Chloro Sedai.

Chloro says 'Fifty eight years I have worn the shawl, and not a moment goes by I am not reminded of that price, as I suspect the same for Vianca.'

Chloro says 'Tell me child, knowing the price, do you still seek the path to the shawl?'

Tissaya says 'I would like to be greater than the normal path that women are expected to follow. I know I can grow most through the Tower.'

Chloro says 'Tell me Novice, what is the ultimate price for misuse of the one power?'

Tissaya says 'Misuse of the one power can end in death of those you love and of your own.'

Chloro says 'A different answer than most, Vianca, what is the towers ultimate punishment to a woman for misuse of the one power.'

Vianca turns to Tissaya, "There is a much greater price to pay than that, if your deemed unsafe to use the One Power, you can be banished from this Tower you call home, with you powers stripped from you."

Chloro says 'A long winded way of saying, the ultimate price is Stilling, Novice Tissaya. A correct answer none the less. '

Chloro says 'Novice, who is the current sitting Amyrlin seat?'

Tissaya says 'Siuan Sanche is the current Amyrlin.'

Chloro says 'From which ajah was she raised?'

Tissaya says 'She was a blue. Many blues become Amyrlin from my understanding.'

Tissaya says 'Or maybe better wording is that many Amyrlin's come from the blues.'

Chloro says 'Which ajah has raised nearly as many Amyrlin seats as the blues?'

Tissaya says 'That I do not know, but if I were to guess it would be gray.'

Tissaya drinks water from a leather water flask.

Tissaya says 'In that they are political in nature it would seem a natural fit.'

Chloro says 'A guess though often hazardous, was correct this time. Which Ajah stands ready to be on the front lines of the last battle?'

Tissaya says 'The greens, who may bond many warders, will stand ready most of all. '

Chloro says 'Vianca, you may ask a question.'

Vianca shows a slight smile, then refocuses her attention to the novice.

Vianca says 'If you are raised to Accepted, have you show any incline to a specific Ajah?'

Tissaya says 'At first I had no preference. As I learn more about the Ajah's I find myself drawn to the blue currently. But I also see many others I could find myself fitting in with.'

Chloro says 'Vianca, was once apprenticed to a different Ajah than she is now. What advice would you offer one that has not made their decision yet?'

Vianca says 'The colors will always be on your dress as a daily reminder, for me I thought once I going to become a Yellow Ajah, but as time went I felt pulled to another.'

Vianca says 'My advice would be to try to fill each roll as an apprentice to each Ajah on your own per say, and see what feels more comfortable, not right away, but after some time,'

Tissaya nods in agreement.

Tissaya says 'I will take that advice to heart.'

Chloro says 'Sound Advice, as all initiates are told, you belong to all seven Ajahs as a trainee until you kneel before Mother and a shawl is placed on your shoulders.'

Vianca says 'Each Accepted will spend a different amount of time as such, trust the process and don't try to rush it.'

Chloro says 'Now I think it is time you both return to your lessons, lest my sisters storm the meeting room. Vianca, remember all are watching. Tissaya, I will contemplate your request.'

Tissaya nods in agreement.

Vianca stands from her chairs and pushes it forward. "Of course. Chloro Sedai'

Tissaya says 'Does this mean I am dismissed, Chloro Sedai?'

Vianca opens the carveddoor.

Chloro says 'It does child.'

Tissaya thanks you heartily.

Tissaya waves goodbye to you.

Vianca motions for Tissaya to leave the room.

Vianca curtseys before you.

Tissaya leaves east. >>

Vianca leaves east. >>

Sarinda

Re: One Rank leads to Another...

Post by Sarinda » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:23 pm

Base: 2
Special length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: 0
Summary: +1

Total:
Chloro: 4 RPQPs
Vianca: 2 RPQPs
Tissaya: 2 RPQPs

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.