A Taste of Tower Politics

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

A Taste of Tower Politics

Post by Chloro » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:53 am

Tower Accepted Lanvaren received a crucial lesson from Chloro Sedai and Aelrena Sedai on how to begin navigating towards her goals. No Accepted were harmed in the notating of this log... (law and order music)

View of: Chloro
Particiapants: Chloro, Lanvaren, Aelrena

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro pulls a white leather folder off the top of a stack, this one with green in the corner, she always attempted to keep track of who was apprenticed to where, strings to pull later in life one would hope.

Chloro says 'Annoura summon Lanvaren please.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send a pigeon to her at once, Chloro.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Lanvaren has arrived from the east.

Lanvaren curtseys before you.

Lanvaren says 'Hello, Aes Sedai. How may I serve?'

Chloro looks up from her spot at the large around. "Do come in Child and have a seat, we have much to discuss."

Lanvaren sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

Lanvaren smiles happily.

The door silently swings shut and locks with a soft *click*.

Chloro looks at the white leather folder before her and opens it review a few lines of script before looking at the Accepted, Gray eyes seeming to look through the girl into her soul." I see you have been taken on as an apprentice by the Green Ajah?"

Lanvaren says 'Yes, Chloro Sedai. It is my goal to help rid the world of the shadow, and to protect the innocent from the harm the minions of the Dark One have caused to so many.'

Chloro raises her left eyebrow slightly, "That is the goal of all Aes Sedai child, what else do you bring to the table for my Green sisters?"

Lanvaren smiles shyly before saying 'I bring a fearless heart, and a sharp mind, I believe. I.. I hope that will be my greatest weapon against the shadow.'

Chloro lets out a small sigh,"Is that all, a heart and mind? Have you no passion, no drive, no inner purpose you bring to them as well?"

Chloro says 'Do speak up child.'

Lanvaren says 'My passion? My reason for desiring to fight against the shadow? My inner purpose, my drive.. Chloro Sedai, I.. I have lost much to the shadow. As I am sure many have, but the Tower has given me my purpose. I discovered the gift of the One Power on the night my family was eaten before my eyes, as a young girl. The fire that raged that night, that came from within me, rage on to this day. I will never give up in the fight against the Shadow. This is my drive, my purpose, and my passion. '

Chloro raises her left eyebrow a little further, "Rage, oh child if that is your reason for being, then we have much more to teach you than I thought. Rage will not keep you warm, it will not give you purpose beyond that which your target is. Emotions are a luxury we can seldom afford when difficult times come."

Lanvaren says 'I have struggled for years with that, Chloro Sedai. It has grown from an inferno to a smoldering heap. I have spent many hours in meditation, seeking inner calm. I still to this day sometimes fail to keep my mind clear and calm of emotion. I shall persevere in my attempts to seek inner calm. '

Chloro says 'A moment, we may have a guest.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Aelrena glides into the study, dipping her head to the other Aes Sedai presently briefly.

Lanvaren clambers to her feet.

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

Lanvaren curtseys before Aelrena.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Lanvaren says 'Good evening, Aelrena Sedai.'

Aelrena acknowledges the curtsy with a small nod, before turning her attention to Chloro.

Chloro smiles to Aelrena, "it is always a pleasure to see you sister. A most opportune time as well."

Aelrena says 'It's a pleasure to see you sister, I always treasure a chance to hear from you, even when I've been rather busy.'

Chloro motions to chairs around the table "please sit and join us, I believe Lanvaren could benefit from your presence for this lesson."

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Aelrena says 'Of course, I'm certain that I have plenty of advice I could offer.'

Aelrena pulls a seat out from the table, sitting down as she smooths her skirts.

Aelrena says 'Please continue though, I'd love to hear what you were discussing.'

Chloro nods allowing her sister a moment to get settled before continuing. "We all have rage within us, and hope and joy, and anger. Lanvaren was relating that rage was her main motivation for choosing to apprentice to our Green sisters. Rage over the past. However, child, you must remember here in the tower, the moment you put on whites, you let go of that life and those wounds."

Aelrena blinks her eyes innocently.

Aelrena says 'I see.'

Lanvaren nods, accepting this.

Aelrena turns her gaze to the Accepted across the table.

Lanvaren says 'My main motivation is to fight against the shadow, which Chloro Sedai has reminded me is the duty of all Aes Sedai.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'Quite true, we all fight the Shadow, if not always in the ways one might expect.'

Chloro looks to the Accepted a flash of motherliness gracing her face before serene calm returns." Though you left those wounds behind, they may not heal, but accepting them becomes easier, and from that they can turn into a passion. Perhaps you would like to work with children in the north displaced as you were. I hear they also have need of such woman in the west due to the invaders. Do not let your wounds hold you back, let the knowledge of them launch you forward."

Lanvaren says 'Wise advice, Chloro Sedai. I shall mediate more on how this passion can grow, as I work to nourish the inner calmness.'

Chloro says 'Inner and outer silence are well placed in your current position, but even more so as Aes Sedai. Now, we will get to the real lesson at hand.'

Aelrena folds her hands upon the table as she listens to the lesson, her expression placid.

Lanvaren leans forward in her chair, eyes bright.

Chloro opens the white leather folder with a green corner and allows Aelrena to view the girls file. "You are in a position now and have proclaimed you would like one day for Aes Sedai to call you sister."

Lanvaren nods in agreement.

Aelrena accepts the file briefly, thumbing through it rapidly before returning it to the gray sister.

Lanvaren says 'That is my dream, Chloro Sedai. To prove worthy of becoming Aes Sedai of the White
Tower.'

Chloro looks to the girl weighing and measuring her. "To be frank, as you are owed that now. I see little to no evidence of that other than your requesting an apprenticeship of my green sisters. Today you will learn quite possibly the most important lesson in your life. Tower politics."

Aelrena chuckles softly under her breath, though she remains silent as her umber gaze seems to weigh the Accepted.

Lanvaren says 'That seems an extremely important lesson, Chloro Sedai. I shall take notes.'

Chloro looks to the brown sitter then back to Lanvaren. "Until you emerge from the arches having passed the test of 100 weaves if deemed worthy to, you belong to the tower, all seven Ajahs lay claim to you as a student. So, you must train with all seven to prove worthy of one day calling All Aes Sedai sister."

Lanvaren nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'While you must prove yourself to the Ajah with which you have chosen to apprentice yourself, we all shall still weigh in upon your readiness. '

Chloro says 'After careful combing through of your record, I find no such progress or even attempt at this. You have some notes from the yellows when you were a novice many years ago, Tolza Sedai of the Brown and Asandra Sedai of the Green. Five Aes Sedai in total."'

Aelrena absently turns the great serpent ring upon her finger as she watches, nodding along to the words.

Lanvaren says 'I have neglected to seek such lessons and instructions from the other Ajahs, Aes Sedai? I have been too focused, I think. '

Chloro says 'I think so too, it is good you recognize this child. Today you have one Gray that can speak to your ability and training. Yet there are a few Gray sisters in residence. Over the next week I want you to meet with One Aes Sedai of the Blue, Red, Gray, and if Alison Sedai finds it within her time, White. These sisters are not the first seen in battle, but every bit as necessary as the Green Ajah.'

Chloro says 'If unable to meet, I require proof that a lesson has been setup for future. '

Aelrena says 'I myself would also like to be found upon that list child, while you have spoken with Tolza Sedai, I suspect that I myself have more than a few lessons I could impart.'

Lanvaren says 'I shall seek them out, Chloro Sedai. It was never my intention to neglect my training or instruction in the White Tower. '

Chloro pauses a moment allowing the girl to continue.

Lanvaren writes quickly, looking up 'Yes, Aelrena Sedai. Tolza Sedai has imparted much wisdom, but I could learn much from each Aes Sedai, I am sure.'

Chloro nods as she continues.

Chloro says 'At the role you are now, you are not immune to Tower Politics. A peace offering to Divina Sedai would be a wise choice. You must begin to understand child that the women of the white tower are not to be underestimated by any means. Many have spent decades if not centuries honing their goals, hiding their fears and emotions. If you are not careful in how you navigate your time as Tower Accepted, those very politics could eat you alive.'

Lanvaren nods at you.

Chloro says 'Now if you seek to be a Green, what do you know of the Green Ajah, its structure, its influential sisters?'

Lanvaren says 'Your kindness with this instruction is recognized, Chloro Sedai. I have not seen much Tower Politics, nor been involved, however I seem to have put my feet wrong a few times, of late.'

Annoura Larisen says 'You are not Gray Ajah.'

Chloro says 'I should certainly hope not Annoura, the girl is in a banded dress...'

Aelrena nods along to the Accepted's words, though her lips tighten slightly at the corners.

Chloro says 'Come now child, what do you know of the Green Ajah beyond its purpose?'

Lanvaren says 'I have heard rumor that if ever the opportunity presents itself, Evangaline Sedai would be an especially good one to try and receive a lesson from, Chloro Sedai. Lisette Sedai's prowess in the fight against the Shadow has also drawn my interest. I hope to receive a lesson on my weaves from Lisette Sedai.'

Chloro says 'I see, then tell me child, who is he senior sitter of the Green Ajah?'

Lanvaren blushes, unsure of the answer. 'I have not noted or been told this, Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro says 'Then you have another assignment, find out who, by the next time we meet. The answer may be closer than you think. If you hope to join them one day child, then I would expect you to know them.'

Aelrena says 'Child, can you name two notable Amyrlins from the green?'

Lanvaren says 'I will, Chloro Sedai. I am still getting to know them, my apprenticeship with Asandra Sedai is quite fresh.'

Lanvaren says 'I have more research to do, Aelrena Sedai. I have not spent enough time in the library.'

Lanvaren blushes.

Aelrena frowns.

Aelrena says 'I see.'

Aelrena says 'Then that is perhaps another thing to remedy, should you wish to find yourself wearing the shawl one day. '

Aelrena says 'Though, I admit that I am a touch surprised. For one who proclaims to wish to join the Green Ajah, it would seem to me that you have lesser knowledge of their historical context and roles than one might expect. '

Chloro says 'Well I can see you have much to do child, and very little time to do it. We will meet again in a weeks time, to continue your lessons with the Gray Ajah. I expect some progress with the others. Perhaps If you ask nicely Aelrena Sedai will show you the record of Amyrlins in the library?'

Lanvaren looks down, speaking softly 'My knowledge today has been found quite lacking, I shall work to fix this with much haste.'

Aelrena nods at Lanvaren.

Chloro looks to the Accepted and raises a finger for her to hold a moment.

Lanvaren curtseys before you.

Aelrena says 'Chin up now. A poultice doesn't make itself. We mention these things to help you, not to hurt you or make you feel that you shall not gain the shawl.'

Chloro says 'Raise your head child, you are an Accepted of the White tower. You have potential or I would not have summoned you today. We have just given you a set of tools. What you choose to do with them is your own, however should you continue this path, I will guide you as far as I can, as will all Aes Sedai, if you have the strength to ask it of them. No initiate has just one mentor, you will have many.'

Lanvaren says 'I know your intentions of good, Aelrena Sedai. I am just disappointed in myself for not having been able to provide the answers to such questions. Thank you kindly for this humbling lesson.'

Lanvaren says 'I have much knowledge yet to seek out and understanding to gain, I shall approach as many Aes Sedai as I see, Chloro Sedai. '

Chloro says 'I look forward to seeing your progress Tower Accepted Lanvaren, and child, we all will be watching. You are dismissed.'

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Lanvaren curtseys gracefully.

Lanvaren leaves east. >>

Gesin

Re: A Taste of Tower Politics

Post by Gesin » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:07 pm

Chloro - 5 qps
Lanvaren - 3 qps
Aelrena - 2 qps