The Rare, Budding, Blue Rose

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

The Rare, Budding, Blue Rose

Post by Chloro » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:54 pm

Chloro Sedai and Accepted Navani meet to discuss her progress and which Ajah she may lean towards. Having been in the Tower for years, the time had come for the child to settle down and find which direction her roots would grow.

Pov: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Navani

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro says 'Annoura summon Navani please.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send my scribe to summon her, Chloro.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Chloro calls for the carveddoor to be opened.

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Navani has arrived from the east.

Navani curtseys deeply.

Navani says 'Hello Aes Sedai, I am here at your request, how may I serve?'

Chloro looks up from the report, her cool gray eyes focusing on the girl, "Indeed, I did send for you, please have seat Accepted Navani."

Navani sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Navani says 'Thank you, I have been traveling and it is nice to sit and rest my feet.'

Chloro pulls a white leather-bound folder off a small stack and opens it, raises her eyes back to the girls gaze she takes on full Aes sedai calm, face unreadable, dressed like a queen holding court with silver ropes adorned with sapphires about her she lets the silence build.

Chloro weighs and measures the Accepted, noting body language, temperament, appearance, and strength in saidar.

Navani straightens her back in her chair, adjusting her posture to that of an Aes Sedai, head held high with a slight smile on her face.

Chloro says 'Do you know why I summoned you here child?'

Navani says 'I can only speculate you are checking in on how my time as Journey Accepted is going, and to see if inquire if I have chosen an Ajah in which to be raised to Tower Accepted.'

Chloro maintains her gaze meeting view of the Accepted, slowly she steeples her hands on the large round table. "Partially, you have been Accepted for some time now, yet there has been no mention of what path you choose to study. I think it’s time we narrow it down. Few girls come with strength enough to become Accepted let alone Aes Sedai. You have the raw strength in Saidar, but do you have the inner strength to match it?"

Navani has a stern, serious look on her face as she replies, "I have been exploring the lands to the west of here as I find solace in the Great Forests, spending my time contemplating what it is that I am seeking in an Ajah. I visited the stedding Tsochan and listened to the ogiers sing their songs. I spent some time traveling to Emond's field and sought out the old ruins of Manetheren where the glorious city once set. After much consideration I have come to the decision that the Blue Ajah would be the bes

Navani says 'The Blue Ajah would be the best fit for me.'

Chloro quirks an eyebrow up at the girl’s tone but allows her to continue. "If you seek to learn from my Blue sisters, it will be no easy feat, then, can learning from a master spy be easy by any means? Tell me child what does it mean to become Aes Sedai."

Navani says 'To become an Aes Sedai is all I've ever wanted since I first met an Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah who was traveling to my hometown of Illian. After my parents perished, she and the others she was with took me in after being tested for Saidar which is how I wound up coming to the White Tower.'

Chloro says 'I remember well when you told me of that story, I was there the day you entered as a novice, and the day you exited the three arches and became Accepted. However, you have not answered my question. What does being Aes Sedai mean to you?'

Navani takes a deep breath as her eyes become somewhat misty, "I have seen how the Blue Sisters seek to help others and do good in our world which is what I yearn for. I have a passion for helping others and developing relationships that would help the tower to show those that are ignorant of our ways to see the light."

Chloro allows the smallest of smiles to cross her lips before returning to serene calm. "That is what all Aes Sedai do, what real reason urges you forward to my Blue sisters?"

Navani says 'I seek fairness and goodness in all situations and have hope that our world will one day not have a shadow cast upon it from the shadowspawn that lurk in the darkness.'

Navani says 'I believe that I possess a certain set of skills that would allow me to infiltrate other nations in order to gain access to the knowledge that the Blue Ajah often seeks out.'

Chloro says 'I believe the Gray Ajah does that as well, what passion brings you to the blue child. Do keep in mind, if you cannot pass a Gray questioning you, then you stand no chance against a blue...'

Navani straightens her dress and raises her head high as she says, "I want to bring Justice to the people, to help the poor, to seek out the truth and find the light in the darkness."

Navani says 'I have a passion for building relationships and for traveling and learning about different cultures.'

Chloro remains impassive and serene, "I wish you success in your endeavor child, however, a note from someone that was once in a banded dress. If you cannot defend the reason you should be blue with every fiber of your being, then you had better find it inside you as when they put you to the question, they will not relent."

Navani nods serenely with a sense of fervency.

Chloro says 'One more note.'

Chloro says 'While you may study majority with the Blue ajah, you belong to us all until the moment a shawl may grace your shoulders, should you not meet your demise chasing it.'

Navani says 'I live to serve all the Aes Sedai, in the name of Suian Sanche, Watcher of the Seals, the Flame of Tar Valon, the Amyrlin seat.'

Navani says 'I yearn for nothing more than to become a full sister and be raised to the shawl.'

Navani says 'I would lay down my life for the cause and rise to the occasion when it is my time to step up.'

Chloro says 'Correction child, you live to serve all, not all women pass the test of 100 weaves, and a small number perish attempting it. Study hard, notice everything, watch the way strings are pulled, the motives behind others, and those who may be watching you. To become Aes Sedai is a burden child, not a fantasy. When you come face to face with a darkfriend in the world you will learn that. For now, I believe our discussion has concluded.'

Navani clambers to her feet.

Navani bows before you.

Chloro says 'Remember we are all watching you, so best foot forward, and do not let us down.'

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Chloro says 'Dismissed.'

Navani says 'I shall not, thank you for your time.'

Navani leaves east. >>

Aelrena

Re: The Rare, Budding, Blue Rose

Post by Aelrena » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:56 pm

Rplizer +1 qps : +1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : +0
Length bonus +1-2 qps : +0

Summary: +1 qps : +0

Awards:
Chloro - 3
Navani - 2

See any silver-haired Aes Sedai to receive your merits.