A girl gets a second chance

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Ashlynn

A girl gets a second chance

Post by Ashlynn » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:01 am

Summary: Ashlynn Sedai was leading a party to take care of a bandit problem in Andor. During this excursion, she met a girl named Sadie. She discovered that the girl could channel, but had trouble controlling the power. Sadie's use of the power caused some trouble, including hurting a Forester's pet, and hurting a guardsman while she was chasing after a male channeler in Tar Valon. Fortunately for Sadie, Ashlynn was able to convince the Tower Guard to grant her pardon and spare her from jail, if Sadie agreed to join the White Tower. This log recounts what happened after Ashlynn took Sadie into the Solarium of the Yellow Ajah and presented her with her choice.

POV: Ashlynn
Participants: Ashlynn, Sadie, Chloro

Log session starting at 20:39:45 on Tuesday, 21 February 2023.

Ashlynn says 'You are in a lot of trouble, miss.'

Ashlynn says 'You may have helped put down a madman, but you still assaulted a member of the guard, and
dangerously exercised the One Power!'

Sadie says 'I am so sorry, Aes Sedai. I did not mean to harm anyone. I was so scared by the male
channeler. Darkfriends they all are! Unnatural creatures of the shadow.'

Ashlynn nods slightly at Sadie, and waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Ashlynn says 'Yes, yes, that may be true, but you need to learn how to control the One Power.'

Sadie moves back and forth on her feet, shuffling very nervously.

Sadie says 'I want to learn. Please help me learn so I don't hurt anyone else Ashlynn Sedai!'

Ashlynn says 'Fortunately for you, I have convinced the Tower Guard to strike the bounty on your head and
in lieu of a more traditional punishment, you would agree to put on the white dress of a novice.'

Ashlynn says 'Now if you want to spend some time in jail, that's fine with me too, but I suggest you take
this opportunity to learn how to control the One Power.'

Ashlynn says 'In fact, I encourage it, because I see a spark in you. I think you would be a fine addition
to the Tower.'

Sadie says 'I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn. I do not want to go to jail, Aes
Sedai.'

Sadie says 'I am so thankful for the chance. I really hope that poor guardsman is ok. Please let me
know if I can help compensate his family if he is unable to work.'

Ashlynn gives a wicked grin and says 'Some might rather go to jail than join the White Tower. Let me
explain...'

Ashlynn says 'There are many rules. You'll be required to familiarize yourself with them, and ignorance
is no excuse for not knowing any better.'

Ashlynn says 'You will be restricted to the island of Tar Valon, and until you prove yourself to be
Journey Accepted, you will not be able to leave.'

Sadie says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. I will do everything I can to learn'

Ashlynn says 'For any reason.'

Sadie gasps in surprise and says, "Not even to see my family?"

Ashlynn nods at Sadie.

Ashlynn says 'Once you join the White Tower, you leave your old life behind, starting a new one. The
other novices are your siblings, the Accepted are your older siblings, the Aes Sedai are like your
mother.'

Ashlynn says 'Anyway, given your options, I take it you would prefer to join the White Tower, then?'

Sadie stumbles over her words as she says, "Um...ok..." before gaining confidence and saying,
"Yes...I do not want to go to jail, Ashlynn Sedai. I want to learn to control the One Power."

Ashlynn says 'Excellent. Well, I've already confirmed that you can in fact channel. Do you find it easy
to embrace the power, or do you find yourself only able to do these miracles of the power when you
are under certain situations? Such as before with the male channeler, immense fear, perhaps anger or
some other emotion?'

Sadie says 'I have been able to use...um...I guess the power...quite easily to do things that are
relaxed. Like to do chores around my mum's house. But when I get scared or angry I seem to lose
control. Sometimes I feel really sick, as if I am getting over a 3 day fever. Other times...bad
things happen and people get hurt, like that poor guardsman'

Ashlynn nods in agreement.

Sadie says 'I've never meant to hurt anyone though! Well, until that madman came after me in the
city just now.'

Ashlynn says 'It sounds to me like you don't have any kind of advanced block. What that means is that
sometimes a girl can channel, but she can only channel under specific situations. We do exercises to
teach control of the power and to help our girls understand how to easily access the pool of the
power, instead of relying on specific situations. It is important to be able to embrace on command,
as you may need to defend yourself or do some other task where you cannot experience that stimulus
that allows it otherwise'

Ashlynn says 'Let's try something out. Please, have a seat on the chaise. Relax yourself. Clear your mind
of everything'

Sadie sits down on a chaise lounge.

Sadie says 'Yes, Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Lay back, and get comfortable.'

Ashlynn says 'Do you have a favorite flower?'

Sadie lays back. The tension in her shoulders visible reduces.

Sadie says 'I love roses. My mum's roses always bloomed better than anyone else's roses!'

Ashlynn says 'Perfect.'

Ashlynn says 'Now you probably watched your mother plant and tend to those roses.'

Ashlynn says 'Imagine the soil, dark and full of rich nutrients'

Sadie says 'Oh yes, she was always tending those roses.'

Ashlynn says 'Shhh, focus on the instructions.'

Ashlynn says 'If you don't focus on instruction, you will not get very far my dear.'

Sadie nods her head silently.

Ashlynn says 'Imagine the roots in the soil, the stem and the thorns going up.'

Ashlynn says 'Now remember the first time you saw those roses your mother tended, and there were little
buds.'

Sadie concentrates on the rose. Thinking about the roots extending into the rich soil, the stem
extending out of the soil and the thorns ready to protect the plant.

Sadie nods in agreement.

Ashlynn says 'Now imagine yourself as that bud'

Ashlynn says 'imagine the dew on your petals, think of the warm rays of sunshine beating down on you'

Sadie takes a deep breath and exhales. Closes her eyes as she imagines the warm sun beating down on
her.

Ashlynn says 'As you feel the warmth on the sun on your petals, your petals slowly open.'

Ashlynn says 'Slowly opening, and taking more of that warmth. Feel the warmth. Embrace it.'

Sadie concentrates hard. A bead of sweat starts to form on her brow, glistening in the light.

Ashlynn senses Sadie connecting to the True Source.

Ashlynn says 'excellent'

Sadie gasps and says, "I feel so full. So alive."

Ashlynn says 'When we use this power to create things, we call it weaving. The actual things are called
weaves.'

Ashlynn says 'Do you know any weaves, such as how to make a ball of light, or perhaps make yourself more
dexterous?'

Sadie says 'I do know how to brighten up a room, Aes Sedai. '

Ashlynn says 'Please, show me how you do that.'

Ashlynn senses Sadie is channeling saidar.

The room becomes brighter as Sadie creates a ball of light above her hand.

Sadie says 'Sometimes it is very bright and sometimes it's just a little shimmer though. I have not
been able to figure out how to make it a consistent brightness'

Ashlynn says 'That's fine, show me what you can do. You will have plenty of time to practice.'

Ashlynn says 'Good work.'

Sadie smiles happily.

Ashlynn says 'Now, we can control many of these weaves at will'

Ashlynn says 'One thing you will learn how to do is release weaves'

Sadie says 'release weaves? I do not know what that means, Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'How best to put this... hmm'

Ashlynn bellows 'Sister Chloro, would you please join us in the solarium?'

Ashlynn gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Ashlynn says 'When we weave the power, we weave flows of elements.'

Sadie says 'Elements? Like oxygen and carbon?'

Ashlynn says 'As you get more skilled at this, you can see these flows, and you can do things with them.
This includes releasing them to make the weaves go away so to speak.'

Ashlynn says 'Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and Spirit'

Chloro has arrived from the north.

Ashlynn gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Ashlynn says 'This is the girl I was telling you about sister.'

Ashlynn says 'Sadie, this is Chloro Sedai.'

Sadie says 'Oh wow. I have so much to learn, Aes Sedai.'

Sadie clambers to her feet.

Sadie curtseys gracefully.

Sadie says 'Hello Chloro Sedai.'

Ashlynn grins at Sadie.

Ashlynn says 'I was just trying to instruct this girl in how to release a flow they have woven, in this
case a light ball'

Sadie says 'It is a pleasure to meet you. My evening has been...most adventurous. I am afraid I
created quite the ruckus!'

Chloro gracefully glides into the room shawl swaying in the crocks of her arms. "I see you have
found us another Ashlynn, Corele I am sure is overjoyed."

Ashlynn grins widely.

Ashlynn nods at Sadie.

Chloro says 'Good Evening child. I am Chloro Sedai of the Gray Ajah, provided there is not another
incident, it is a pleasure to meet you.'

Chloro winks at Sadie.

Ashlynn says 'Good, I think she figured it out, sister.'

Sadie turns bright red.

Sadie says 'No, Chloro Sedai. I will make sure there is not another incident. I was so scared when
the madman attacked! I am grateful for the protection and training of the Tower.'

Chloro says 'Well no one died as I hear it, so you have faired better than the majority of girls
that come to us. Please continue.'

Sadie says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. I am so thankful that guardsman was not seriously injured. If his family
needs any financial support due to the injuries, please let me know and I will write home to have
coin sent to him.'

Ashlynn says 'I think we are mostly done here, unless you have any questions for the girl, sister.'

Chloro says 'From now on child, what ever you have done in the past, you come to us clean. This is
considered in the past now as you have not put on whites yet. If there is need of compensation the
tower takes on this burden just as we take on you.'

Sadie says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. Thank you Chloro Sedai.'

Sadie flashes the faintest of smiles at Chloro.

Chloro says 'During your time as a novice, you will be restricted to this Island, do you have any
issue with that before we proceed? Violation of that rule may prove hard to overcome.'

Sadie says 'I had some concerns, but Ashlynn Sedai addressed them. I asked about visiting my family
and she informed me that my sisters will be the other novices, my older sisters will be the
Accepteds and the Aes Sedai will be like mothers to me. I understand the restrictions.'

Chloro says 'I would view the Aes Sedai more akin to Aunts, involved but not as closely attached.
Sheriam Sedai mistress of novices will be more of a motherly figure, for better..... Or worse in
some cases.'

Ashlynn nods at Chloro.

Sadie swallows noticeably hard. "I hope for the better, Aes Sedai."

Chloro says 'I hope so to in most cases, but that will depend on you. If Ashlynn Sedai is ready, we
need not delay your induction any further.'

Ashlynn gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Log session ending at 21:31:41 on Tuesday, 21 February 2023.

Log parsed in 0.224 seconds.
Back to the RP-lizer

Sarinda

Re: A girl gets a second chance

Post by Sarinda » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:23 pm

Base: 2
Special length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: 0
Summary: +1

Total:
Ashlynn: 4 RPQPs
Sadie: 2 RPQPs
Chloro: 2 RPQPs

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.